Author Topic: Original Source?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline paelian

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Original Source?
« on: October 23, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
I was wondering where Mike, Kevin, and Bill dug up this old short. Usually, I can find the shorts they do at places like Archive.org, but in this case, I can't seem to find a non-riffed version online anywhere.

I might like to use the non-riffed version of this, how shall we say, rhetorically inept film in class someday. Where might I find it?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Original Source?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
I was wondering where Mike, Kevin, and Bill dug up this old short. Usually, I can find the shorts they do at places like Archive.org, but in this case, I can't seem to find a non-riffed version online anywhere.

I might like to use the non-riffed version of this, how shall we say, rhetorically inept film in class someday. Where might I find it?

A lot of the shorts they have been doing lately have come from direct transfers that they do themselves.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 630
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »

For all of the shorts that have been released since my return we've provided the unriffed source audio...this one included.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline paelian

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »

For all of the shorts that have been released since my return we've provided the unriffed source audio...this one included.

Yeah, I saw the audio, but I was hoping to use the video. Some of the odd parts of the film, like the cops talking to the people on the street and the shooting at the end, are best examined in the context of the visual elements as well as the crappy dialog.

It's like watching Torgo in action. His dialog is bizarre, but to get the full Torgo effect, you have to see him walking around and doing stuff.  ;D

I suppose I could "re-author" the film by grabbing just the video from the Rifftrax file, and then adding back its original dialog, but that seems bass ackwards.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »
I suppose I could "re-author" the film by grabbing just the video from the Rifftrax file, and then adding back its original dialog, but that seems bass ackwards.

It's incredibly easy to do, and then you have the original. I'm not sure what the problem is. Occasionally the source audio and mpg don't line up and you have to make audio edits, but that's not the case for this one.

Offline paelian

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
Alright, if that is SOP, then I'll give it a try. I guess I got spoiled with all the shorts that could be found on archive.org in their original hideousness.