login

Author Topic: If I hear that song again I am going to kick a kitten into a fan!  (Read 1873 times)

Doctor Who?

If I hear that song again I am going to kick a kitten into a fan!
« on: September 27, 2010, 01:06:05 AM »
Are there any songs that make you say this?

For me it's "can't you feel the Love tonight".  I was sick of it when I was a kid and now it comes over the radio at work two or three times a night.

You know what I never liked you Elton John,all of you're song are stupid,you dress like an idiot,and this is you're worst song ever.  If I ever see you I will throw a Kitten in you're face and kick you both into a fan!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: If I hear that song again I am going to kick a kitten into a fan!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:29:01 AM »
Who Let The Dogs Out makes me want to kick a puppy into a fan. There is nothing lazier than songs that are literally just the same damn lyrics over and over again. And this one is probably the worst of the lot.

I loath with every fiber of my being the Brady Bunch theme song!

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7438
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »
who who who who
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
who who who who

OMG! YES! I hated this song when it was being played constantly on the radio in the late 70s/early 80s, and I hate it to this day! Really, just a horrible song.

Also, the title of this thread cracked me up.  :D
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5322
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:30:26 AM »
 :angry:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx64_N4AA04&amp;translated=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx64_N4AA04&amp;translated=1</a>

Offline goflyblind

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 7438
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »
who who who who

OMG! YES! I hated this song when it was being played constantly on the radio in the late 70s/early 80s, and I hate it to this day! Really, just a horrible song.

wait, what? i was taunting darth. if you're saying you don't like the who's "who are you", then shame on you. >:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 625
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
All-Star:  "SomeBODY once got kicked in the face for playing this song too much."  "Hey now!  Stop this song, yo. Cut it off. NOW!"

There's a special place in hell for people who choose the laziest songs to set to videos.  Usual suspects include Chariots of Fire, Also Sprach Zarathustra, and Can't Touch This.  They're good in context but the first to be stolen by the creatively deficient (aka morons). There are dozens not mentioned presumably because I've blocked them out of my head.

And the Citizen Kane of ubiquitous songs:  The Macarena

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
who who who who

wait, what? i was taunting darth. if you're saying you don't like the who's "who are you", then shame on you. >:

That's what I'm saying. Just a horrible, horrible song. If there's one thing I cannot stand it's repetition in a song. Just smacks of laziness.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
When I think of repetitive songs, I really don't think of "Who Are You". Sure, the chorus repeats a line, but compared to the billions of other songs with repetitive choruses it's not that bad. Not The Who's best by far, but not hideous.

But as for songs that still annoy us, I would second "All Star", which I hated before it was cool to hate it. And in more recent musical releases, if I hear Katy Perry's inescapable "Hot or Cold" one more time, I will not be responsible for my actions. It's not a particularly horrible song, but it's STILL FREAKING EVERYWHERE.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
I'll just note that I am now sorely tempted to find "you can't turn them off" geocities style midi files of both "can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Allstar" and insert them into my sig.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
Not even that song in that other thread - "My Pal Foot Foot" - would make me harm even one whisker on a kitten...

In fact, petting the kitten would help me forget.

That having been said....I've never liked "The Joker" by Steve Miller....and the endless damn repetition of it on the radio had made me hate it even more!!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »
OK. You might want to make sure there are no kittens in the vacinity:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPR64uJmfgU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TPR64uJmfgU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Billionare by Travis McCoy.

See, I have this problem where, if I set my radio alarm clock to a station that plays music I love, I end up wanting to hear the songs and actually fall back to sleep while the song plays and I fail to be awakened. So I tune it in to this station that plays whatever the heck genre this thing is that all the kids are listening to.

Now I don't know whether the song is just in REALLY heavy rotation or if 9:25 AM is just THE time to play it, but I'd say 75 percent of the time, it's this song I wake up to. Now in hunting down the Youtube video so I can share this thing, I discovered that the original version doesn't use the tern "Freakin'" and to be completely fair that does make it a BIT less stupid, but not much.

Between this and Keesha (Who I might actually dig just a little if it wasn't the first thing in the morning when I tend to hear her) many a hypothetical kitten would have been kicked, had they not been hypothetical. :^)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 06:44:19 AM »

Don't blame me for shitty music.