Author Topic: "Game of Thrones" - HBO Series Coming in 2011  (Read 124198 times)

Soguru

Re: "Game of Thrones" - HBO Series Coming in 2011
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »
I just watched the very first episode of the series and I gotta say I'm confused as hell. Are there any readings i should have done beforehand? I'm just not sure I even like the series at all.

Soguru

« Reply #781 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:07 AM »
What is confusing you?
Who are those... um... glowy eye guys? Who's that blonde girl whose given to eye shadow guy? What the hell do they have to do with not King Sean Bean? I just have a hard time being able to tell these people apart because I don't think they were completely and properly introduced. It's hard for me to enjoy a show when I have to take notes.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #782 on: October 13, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »
What is confusing you?
Who are those... um... glowy eye guys? Who's that blonde girl whose given to eye shadow guy? What the hell do they have to do with not King Sean Bean? I just have a hard time being able to tell these people apart because I don't think they were completely and properly introduced. It's hard for me to enjoy a show when I have to take notes.

It took me awhile to keep people straight too, but it gets easier as the plotlines unfold. By the middle of the season I was pretty much set.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:10 AM »
Imrahil, you don't like me, I like you... but you say ONLY 142 girls named "Khalessi" I say, Two is too much..." That's all I'm sayin'

Peace out!
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Soguru

« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2014, 07:30:12 PM »
Okay, I grinded my way through season 1. For the colossal amount of exposition in each episode, something about the show makes me want to keep watching. I was disappointed that the finale had little to no closure though.

Don't get me wrong. I love Peter Dinklage as Tyrion(Ah-ha! I finally remembered a name!) and Robb Stark. I was disappointed that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was also surprised so many other main characters came and went throughout this season.

The main thing that turns me off is that too many characters make me so angry I want to pull them through the damn TV screen and just kick their asses. I realize it's just a TV show, but even in a fictional capacity I'm not a big fan of the portrayal of injustices.

Soguru

« Reply #785 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
I find that to a man the TV versions of the characters are all more likeable than their book counterparts. So I wouldn't suggest reading the books.  Book Cersei is a huge cunthammer.
Now that's saying something, and I already despise her as she is.

jonalame

« Reply #786 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:21 PM »
I love reading Cersei. She is just so arrogantly convinced that she is outsmarting everyone.

jonalame

« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »
I finally saw the first episode on GO. As a rabid fan of the books, I actually liked how they are streamlining everything.
Book/Show spoilers!

One thing, I thought there was manufactured conflict between Brienne and Pod. Come on! Be nice to Pod!

jonalame

« Reply #788 on: April 20, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
I'm just going to try and give a stream of consciousness one comment per line thing so I don't ramble.

Arya story arc progress! Yuss!

Unexpected tavern meeting! It feels good to have departures from the book like this when they are executed this well.

Great Samwell speech.

Khaleesi, why you do this?

The guy playing Doran Martell has quite a presence.

As much as I like their dialogue together, please don't keep Tyrion and Varys in that "box" for much longer.

Jaime and Bronn... are going to Dorne? Oh, dear.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
« Reply #789 on: April 29, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Yes, There several times throughout the reading of the books, in which I threw them across the room and vowed never to read another word.

Martin is cruel. Always, I would pick it back up again.

There was an SNL sketch in which one of the actors played Martin being interviewed by a female anchor

"Were are the new books, George, we've been waiting for so long...."

"Frankly," the Martin character says, "I'm written out. I just got sloppy on the names" Rob Stark, John Snow, the white walkers came to me because I saw some white people walking in the park one day.... I don't know..."

"Well, can you give us a preview of some things that happen in the next book?"

"OK" the actor playing Martin says, "All of the characters you love... will die... and there is something really amazing coming.... like you wouldn't believe!"

"Is it Winter, George?"

Hangs his head, "Yes. Yes... winter is coming..."

"Oh, George..." she says dismissing him, "Next up President Obama in a pickle..." etc... it was hilarious.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #790 on: June 08, 2015, 01:08:27 AM »
I think I now hate Stannis more than I hated Joffrey.  That was fucking brutal. Considering just rooting for The White Walkers at this point.

Next week should be really good if they hit all of the notes from the books that I expect them to.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #791 on: June 08, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
Stannis has become Agamemnon.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

jonalame

« Reply #792 on: June 08, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »
You also missed Dany making new, worse decisions.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7124
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #794 on: May 05, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
ha!

dF = 0
d*F = J