login

Author Topic: Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
Yeah, I know, I know when I first saw the commercials, I thought 'pffft great! just what we don't need, yet another crappy Scooby Doo reboot/spinoff..." 

But...

It has some surprising depth in the writing and character interaction/development.

Most notably Fred and Velma, Fred is now a less that perfect former jock who battles with the fact that he has 'feelings'.  Especially for Daphne and trapping 'monsters' , though not necessarily in that order, much to Daphne's frustration. 

That and so far plot elements carry over from previous episodes, which is new (I think)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh and Fred's father is the Mayor of Crystal Cove (not Coolsville).  A running gag so far is that every time a 'monster' appears in Crystal Cove, the Mayor and the Sheriff (voiced by Patrick Warburton from the Live action Tick movie) do there best to dissuade the teens from investigating, because the Mayor sees the monsters as 'good for tourism'.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »
Never heard of it but I'll check it out.

I always assumed Shaggy and Daphne had "Scooby snack" fueled bonking sessions in the back of the Mystery Machine really.

It just seems sort of obvious to do a Fred-Daphnie and Shaggy-Velma pairing but there we go.

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
There's only been about 8 episodes aired so far, with new episodes every mon @ 7pm.

I also forgot to mention that there seems to be a subplot that threads its' way throughout the series.  It seems that 40 years prior, there was a group of 4 teens and a pet mascot that investigated strange goings on.  They called themselves 'Mystery Incorporated'.  It seems they all disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

There appears to be an individual known as 'Mr. E' that contacts them from time to time, apparently he and some 'confederates' are working behind the scenes to 'encourage' The gang to look into the disappearance of the other sleuths. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
Well ep  8 aired tonight, and  Guess you can add 'The Gargantuas' to the list of homages. (at least I think that was the title)  The red and green 'Humungonauts' were obviously based on that Kaiju....

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
(voiced by Patrick Warburton from the Live action Tick movie)

Wait, there was a Tick movie?  I'm surprised considering that the live action Tick TV show he starred in did so poorly.

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »

Wait, there was a Tick movie?  I'm surprised considering that the live action Tick TV show he starred in did so poorly.
Well I never actually saw it, I just saw some stills of it.  I assumed it was a movie...

Offline daltysmilth

• Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »

Well I never actually saw it, I just saw some stills of it.  I assumed it was a movie...

Those were probably just stills from the TV show.  Unless they made a movie and didn't tell anyone about it.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline CrowTeeRobot

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 19
  • GOOD OLD STALIN DAYS
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
I got a couple of episodes the other day as I was making dinner and my little brother was watching it in the kitchen at the time, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, my DVR is now set to record all new episodes of this.  ;D
-Luke

"Most people skip spraying themselves in adhesive and rolling around in crepe hair, but I want to do it right." -Rob, regarding a Zardoz costume