Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 12:42:46 AM »
Well better late than never 8)

When starting with "Enterprise"?  "Never" sounds better to me....

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 04:41:42 AM »
Well better late than never 8)

When starting with "Enterprise"?  "Never" sounds better to me....
Yeah, true.. :o

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »
Hey I LIKE Enterprise..

I just got into DS9... But I won't watch Voyager... to many horrible memories of Mike dressed as Janeway.. Just thanking god it wasn't 7 of 9 *shudder*

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
Isn't it the case with Enterprise that you could watch the first couple of episodes to set the scene then jump to the last couple of seasons?

I didn't mind Enterprise but my job at the time meant I kept missing it. What I saw was fairly entertaining.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
Isn't it the case with Enterprise that you could watch the first couple of episodes to set the scene then jump to the last couple of seasons?

I didn't mind Enterprise but my job at the time meant I kept missing it. What I saw was fairly entertaining.

not really. It starts out with a temperal cold war then that is kinda phased out and you have an attack from the Xendi. This moves it from being a more peaceful ship to becoming more of a battleship like TOS. It also features the formation of the Federation and shows how the Klingon's came to look like they did in TOS.

It is better than what people say. For what it is, it is great. It is man's first space exploration with a warp 5 ship. It is more character driven than TNG or TOS. It isn't so much the new discovery of the week, than it is how the crew deals with the conflict.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
not really. It starts out with a temperal cold war then that is kinda phased out and you have an attack from the Xendi. This moves it from being a more peaceful ship to becoming more of a battleship like TOS. It also features the formation of the Federation and shows how the Klingon's came to look like they did in TOS.
No, I'm not talking story wise I'm talking episode quality wise.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »

oh it actually got better.. Check out the Mirror universe episode. Completely set in Mirror universe. no crossover. Very cool.

I'd love to see them do a Mirror Universe Star Trek series.. an entire series set there. Then to a mirror universe episode set in the normal universe.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
oh it actually got better.

Yes, hence:

:)

I actually wanted them to do a story not set within Star Fleet, like on a Klingon ship or something like that.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Yes, hence:

:)

In fact, you can forget about the first couple of episodes.  Nothing there will matter later.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
again anyone else want a Mirror Universe series?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
Yes I could be down with that. I actually think it makes more sense than the Federation.

Sad, but true.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
again anyone else want a Mirror Universe series?

Not really. DS9 ruined any interest I had in the mirror universe.

I still think they should've done an "anthology" series just set in the Star Trek universe. Different crews, different worlds, etc.

Another reason I put DS9 even below Voyager, DS9 continuously annoyed me, every time I thought they were going to start doing something good they did stuff that pissed me off.  I could do some seriously long rants on the stuff I hated in DS9. >:(

An anthology series would have been fun, loads of fringe aspects of the Federation they could have had fun with.  With the way contracts and stuff work today I wonder if it would be possible to do a show with different actors every show or few shows, not that there's any chance any network would even consider it, you've got to have story arcs and big bad enemies and a other crap or the networks are not interested.

I didn't like the Xindi story arc in Enterprise, but never thought the rest was that bad, I liked all the characters even if the writing wasn't great a lot of the time.  Guess I'd also put the temporal cold war next as a poorly used story, or maybe just over used, or both.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »

I still think they should've done an "anthology" series just set in the Star Trek universe. Different crews, different worlds, etc.

Agreed. I think I'd really enjoy a series like that centered around Starfleet Academy.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 10:11:29 PM »

Agreed. I think I'd really enjoy a series like that centered around Starfleet Academy.

Been watch TNG episodes on BBC America lately and made me wish that there was any kind of new Trek series on the air right now.

They were hinting toward the end of DS9 that the Federation was weakening - which would be a great starting point for a new series.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline LordZordec

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 05:41:59 AM »
I would give up my right leg if they would put a new Star Trek series (the doesnt suck) on the air.  Here are my only requests: Make it the TNG/DS9/VGR era and timeline (if they base it on the new apochrophyl Star Trek movie timeline, Im not interested), and the opening theme song should be something dignified - you know, a real orchestra set to scenes of a ship flying through space or something - not this soft rock crap!  They were gunshy after Enterprise bombed, but they made the assumption that it bombed because people just werent interested in Star Trek anymore.  NO!  Thats not the problem - Enterprise just sucked that badly!!!  Do another series, but whoever produced Enterprise should not be allows within a 1000 feet of the studio.

If I were doing a new show, here is the premise I would base it on:
Several years after Voyager returns home, engineers and scientists develop a new type of propulsion engine that effectively breaks the warp 10 barrier.  It works in conjunction with a conventional warp engine but it uses a different type of technology that requires a separate engine core, but once you are at warp 9.9, it kicks in to make you go even faster - like warp 21, which in the exponential mathematical curve should be hundreds of times faster than warp 9.  So, they make a trip to the Delta quadrant to visit some of the sites Voyager had originally visited in their journey home.  Then someone says, "Hey, lets take this baby to another galaxy."  So they do - and they catch the attention of a far advanced race that is also capable of intergallactic travel.  The new neighbors drop by with a welcoming party that is greeted by the various peoples of the Alpha quadrant with open arms - until they realize its an invasion force.  Now, the people of this galaxy must band together to fight off this new threat. 
"I love you Braaaaaaaaaak!!!"