Author Topic: Dr. Who anyone?  (Read 225924 times)

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
Re: Dr. Who anyone?
« Reply #2595 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »
I just caught up with the last couple episodes and really liked them a lot. I dunno why but I just lost interest in DW for a while there.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #2596 on: July 26, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »
Good news on the potential sexism at the BBC front (at least in this instance, other talent not so much yet).

Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker Will Be Paid As Much As Her Male Predecessor

Earlier this week, the BBC came under fire when it revealed that its male TV personalities are paid substantially more than its female personalities across the board. So it's a bit of good publicity (and good business) that new Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker will be paid the same as Peter Capaldi, her male predecessor in the role.

BBC Director-General Tony Hall told the Evening Standard that "there is parity for the same amount of work."

The exact figure Whittaker will be paid has not been publicly confirmed, but BBC's salary disclosure earlier this week shows that Capaldi was paid between 200,000 and 249,999 pounds in 2016/17 for playing the 12th Doctor on the long-running sci-fi series.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #2597 on: July 31, 2017, 03:01:50 AM »
A nice little collected vid.  Cannot get this particular YouTube embed code to work here (previous necessary alterations didn't work for it).  So here's just a link to it.

The title is: 'Doctor Who Actors React to Female Doctor (+Jodie Whittaker)'.

https://youtu.be/zvCS4SYu6bs
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Jesse412

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Old Curmudgeon
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #2598 on: August 02, 2017, 04:12:45 PM »
BBC released a trailer for the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas Special 2017 on SDCC. The episode is titled "Twice Upon a Time".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNx9bzq1p4g

The CGI transition from Hartnell to Bradley is a little weird looking but other wise this looks interesting.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Online Russoguru

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Anger is the shortest distance to a mistake.
« Reply #2599 on: August 21, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »
I really like the way Jodie Whittaker looks as the Doctor. I think she'll be fantastic.  ;D