Author Topic: The Village  (Read 2087 times)

Offline zeyguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
The Village
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »
*** spoiler alert ***

Yeah, I know. It's only The Village. But still, it's common courtesy.

1) M Night Syamalan has to be tackled sometime. It's a moral imperative.
2) You spend 90 minutes waiting for something to happen just to find out that not only does it not happen, it was never going to happen in the first place.
3) William Hurt....whose performace...was obviously...inspired....by...a disturbing...hybrid of...William...Shatner and...Kevin...Costner.
4) Adrian Brody hyucks it up as The Village Idiot. And the laughs keep on a-coming.
5) Another riveting cameo from M, which I'm sure was crucial to the overall strength of the film and had nothing to do with his rampant, uncontrollable ego.
6) The woods are haunted by "Those We Do Not Speak of". Yet they never stop speaking of them!!!
7) O.K. I'll bite. What medicine is the magical cure-all for multiple stab wounds?
8.) So the color red is a symbol of danger and color yellow is the symbol of safety? Well, this is obviously not some obtuse, ham-fisted social commentary on this nation's terror alerts. (Not that they weren't already ridiculous enough to begin with.)
9) I have an idea. If you're trying to intimidate an entire village from ever wandering outside its boundaries with the constant threat of menacing Manbearpigs. How about not hiding the Manbearpig costumes in a place where The Village Idiot can easily find them. Just a thought, you know. Something to mull over. When you have the time.
10) For a society of paranoid recluses, they sure do have an amazing amount of clout to convince the game wardens of a wildlife preserve to establish a secret society and in turn provide a constant threat to said wildlife preserve's fragile eco-system. Not to mention that they also persuaded the FAA to re-coordinate their flight patterns so that they're well out of earshot from the village, indefinitely.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:11:24 PM by zeyguy »

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: The Village
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 04:57:17 PM »
eh i thought it was ok.  Should be riffed but it wasnt HORRIBLE.

Offline HLawver

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • The Heather Show
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 01:23:12 AM »
Oooooh yes, please, please, this one has to be done. I actually went to the theater to see this (thankfully, someone else paid for my ticket), and I was laughing so hard that I got some of the nastiest looks I think I've ever gotten in a theater. Of course, that only made me laugh harder. And then when people started screaming from fright thanks to this crap-load of a movie, yes, I laughed all the more. I couldn't believe just how craptastic the film was, but ooooh, it could be fabulous once riff'd upon. This definitely gets my vote!

acoletterose

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »
I think it would make for a good rifftrax and I'm all for it but......

I liked that movie :-[

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:34:59 PM »
I'm all for it,

I liked the movie too, but I thought it was false advertising (as a scary film) and yes, as a moral Imperative, M. Night should get slammed...

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
I think it would make for a good rifftrax and I'm all for it but......

I liked that movie :-[

ME TOO!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »
I think this movie........... uh...... well............ even without the spoiler that all the movie reviewers gave avay, didnt EVERYONE (even timmy the slow kid) figure it out well before the ending?

I dont know if it would make a good Rifftrax though.   I thing the poorer the quality, the better the rifftrax and , this movie WAS made with care and I dont think it would make a good rifftrax.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 04:24:31 PM »
I thought for the longest time I was the only person who didn't hate this movie....till I read this thread.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 04:29:04 PM »
I think this movie........... uh...... well............ even without the spoiler that all the movie reviewers gave avay, didnt EVERYONE (even timmy the slow kid) figure it out well before the ending?

I dont know if it would make a good Rifftrax though.   I thing the poorer the quality, the better the rifftrax and , this movie WAS made with care and I dont think it would make a good rifftrax.

Care????  So I was hallucinating when I saw this horribly put together, horribly paced, horribly devoid of tension, idiotically written, ego induced peice of crap.  There was no care involved.  If you don't believe me, watch that slow-motion-running-into-the-cellar scene.  I've never seen such a horribly thought out scene in my life.

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 06:24:40 AM »
Well, M. Night had a "vision" which may have, in fact, looked best with beer goggles on

• Compsognathus
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
ive always wondered how serious he takes himself

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 07:37:08 AM »
He takes himself incredibly seriously, like maybe more than anyone else in the biz..

Ever since his third movie he's been touting everything as "an M. Night Shamylan" film, even if the trailer is a moron banging coconuts in a damp storeroom, he assumes it's gold once he attaches his name to it

• Compsognathus
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
im not so sure, i been having sinking feeling ever since signs that he is just clever when it comes to brand names and to marketing but not that he actually takes it all that serious.  I could be wrong i have no REAL evidence to back that up, its just a feeling. 

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »
I liked the village and I don't think that it would make a good rifftrax.  If they tried it, I'd definately check it out but I'm not sold on this one.

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 12:12:57 PM »
You know, you're right. I have a hard time imagining a Rifftrax that I wouldn't enjoy; it certainly doesn't follow that it's a top choice.