login

Author Topic: Cole & Janet's Rifftrax Presents: The Lost Boys Now Available!  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Re: Cole & Janet's Rifftrax Presents: The Lost Boys Now Available!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 05:53:56 AM »
So timely.  All I'm hearing about are vampires.  And I started watching the new season of True Blood.  I think might as well  watch the various riffs of the Twilight "Saga" again as well.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
Here's how the email looked in my Yahoo Mail inbox:

By curious coincidence, all my checks say "Matthew J Elliott Sucks". I had to get my name changed by deed poll to cash them.

:D

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
Another great job.  I had never seen this movie before now (which probably means I should have my "Child of the 80's" privileges revoked - if there were any privileges) and its actually a decent flick.  Except for Alex Winter, wow was he out of place in that movie.   

I've been trying to convince Cole via Twitter that they should do Risky Business next, but he thinks it's erotic for the Rifftrax crowd.  Please go and tell him otherwise - it's a perfect movie for him and Janet.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 02:45:10 AM »
I've been trying to convince Cole via Twitter that they should do Risky Business next, but he thinks it's erotic for the Rifftrax crowd.  Please go and tell him otherwise - it's a perfect movie for him and Janet.

I've never seen Risky Business, but isn't it a comedy?
FINE

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 06:22:15 AM »

From the premise - teenager turns parents place into a bordello while they're on vacation - it may seem so but it played quite serious. 

Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

From the premise - teenager turns parents place into a bordello while they're on vacation - it may seem so but it played quite serious. 

IMDB and Wikipedia both call it a comedy first...
FINE

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »

IMDB also lists The Lost Boys as a Comedy first...
(As well as Troll 2 which is definitely in my top 5 favorite Rifftrax.)

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »

Troll 2 was not meant to be a comedy - it's a comedy in the same way The Room is - because it's a spectacular failure of a film.

The Lost Boys I haven't seen in over ten years (never got why people liked that movie) was it's intention to be a comedy movie? Or a movie with comedy in it? I notice Wikipedia doesn't have the word comedy on the page at all...
FINE

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »

Troll 2 was not meant to be a comedy - it's a comedy in the same way The Room is - because it's a spectacular failure of a film.

The Lost Boys I haven't seen in over ten years (never got why people liked that movie) was it's intention to be a comedy movie? Or a movie with comedy in it? I notice Wikipedia doesn't have the word comedy on the page at all...
I never said anything about wikipedia saying comedy... I said IMDB, I suppose I can log into wikipedia and re-edit the page to say comedy, if that would make you feel better.
I trust the information on IMDB more than wikipedia since it can't be edited by the public, without the approval of the database managers.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »

I never said anything about wikipedia saying comedy... I said IMDB, I suppose I can log into wikipedia and re-edit the page to say comedy, if that would make you feel better.
I trust the information on IMDB more than wikipedia since it can't be edited by the public, without the approval of the database managers.

I never said you said anything about Wikipedia, I just said it lines up with how I remember the film.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:15:01 PM by Edward J Grug III »
FINE

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
Rotten Tomatoes also doesn't list it as a comedy "Genre: Action & Adventure, Mystery & Suspense, Horror."

Again, I haven't seen it in a good while and I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the intent of the film isn't meant to be a comedy film, it's just a film with comedy in it.
FINE

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
Rotten Tomatoes also doesn't list it as a comedy "Genre: Action & Adventure, Mystery & Suspense, Horror."

Again, I haven't seen it in a good while and I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the intent of the film isn't meant to be a comedy film, it's just a film with comedy in it.

Great and @ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lost_boys/  Consensus: Flawed but eminently watchable, Joel Schumacher's teen vampire thriller blends horror, humor, and plenty of visual style with standout performances from a cast full of young 1980s stars.

hrmmm humor...

I don't want to get into this with you but, if someone wants to see something riffed then I think that shouldnt require a response questioning what the genre of the movie is...

I've seen all the movies mentioned and if I were to categorize Risky Business into a genre I'd personally say it's a dramedy. It's certainly riffable material in my opinion and I'd buy it. Would I be crushed if it wasnt riffed? no...

I was merely pointing out that one of the websites (IMDB) you were so quick to mention and try and deter them from expressing their opinion had other movies riffed listed as comedy, the other website (Wikipedia) is not what I would consider scripture considering it can be edited by anyone.

I enjoyed this riff of The Lost Boys I'd give it a 7 out of 10, my favorite Cole & Janet riff is still Dirty Dancing.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »

Great and @ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lost_boys/  Consensus: Flawed but eminently watchable, Joel Schumacher's teen vampire thriller blends horror, humor, and plenty of visual style with standout performances from a cast full of young 1980s stars.

hrmmm humor...

I don't want to get into this with you but, if someone wants to see something riffed then I think that shouldnt require a response questioning what the genre of the movie is...

I've seen all the movies mentioned and if I were to categorize Risky Business into a genre I'd personally say it's a dramedy. It's certainly riffable material in my opinion and I'd buy it. Would I be crushed if it wasnt riffed? no...

I was merely pointing out that one of the websites (IMDB) you were so quick to mention and try and deter them from expressing their opinion had other movies riffed listed as comedy, the other website (Wikipedia) is not what I would consider scripture considering it can be edited by anyone.

1) I asked if it was a comedy, as I hadn't seen it and that was my understanding, and I didn't have a go at him or tell him he was wrong. My entire knowledge of the movie is Tom Cruise in his underpants singing to Old Time Rock And Roll.

2) Having humour in a movie doesn't make it a comedy. There is humour in Die Hard.

3) I never claimed Wikipedia was scripture, but writing it off completely just because it is editable is ridiculous.

4) I wouldn't be crushed if it was riffed either, especially by Cole and Janet, I just know that comedies are considered less suitable for riffing.

5) You clearly did want to get into as you made something out of nothing.
FINE

MightyJack

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
Another great, great job Cole and Janet - hilarious and fun as ever.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
Another great, great job Cole and Janet - hilarious and fun as ever.

True dat! Great stuff! And the riff itself synced right up, well done Thrash!