Author Topic: Help reversing PSP Hack  (Read 904 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3569
  • All joking a salad.
Help reversing PSP Hack
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:58 PM »
I have a PSP that has been hacked, but I don't really want it hacked anymore.  I have a friend that insisted on doing it, but I don't really use the hacked features.  I've tried playing a new game that requires a system update, but it can't load the new update.  Since I didn't perform the hack, I'm not sure how to undo it (and I live in a different state from my friend now).  Any ideas on how to fix it?

spaceforarent

Re: Help reversing PSP Hack
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »
I have a PSP that has been hacked, but I don't really want it hacked anymore.  I have a friend that insisted on doing it, but I don't really use the hacked features.  I've tried playing a new game that requires a system update, but it can't load the new update.  Since I didn't perform the hack, I'm not sure how to undo it (and I live in a different state from my friend now).  Any ideas on how to fix it?
I actually just did this about a month ago! I'll have to do a little research to remember exactly what I did, but in the meantime what CFW are you using? Sometimes all it takes is a regular update (put in a new UMD with an update on it and perform that), but for the one I was using that doesn't work.

EDIT: Just re-read this and saw the part about not loading the update. I have to work tonight, but in the morning I'll find everything I used to un-hack mine. Now there will probably be some trial and error, so perhaps we should set up a time to meet in the Rifftrax Chat.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:48:47 PM by spaceforarent »

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
Wow! Cool.  Thanks!

spaceforarent

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
Alright, first off I should mention that there is a possibility that this could brick your PSP. Just because it worked for me does not mean it will absolutely work for you. The risk is probably very, very small, but it is always there. That's just the downside to PSP hacking  :-\

Now, the first program you will need is here: http://downloads.exophase.com/521/hellcats-recovery-flasher-160/
Open the file, connect your PSP to your computer, copy the RECOVERY folder to PSP/Game.

Next you need the firmware to recover it back to. Download the recommended one here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1259
Extract the file and rename it 371.PBP
Copy that into the RECOVERY folder that should now be on in the GAME folder. So it should go PSP/GAME/RECOVERY with EBOOT.PBP and 371.PBP in that.
Disconnect your PSP from your computer, under Game go to memory stick. The recovery flasher should show up, load it. You'll get a warning about the creator taking no responsibility if anything goes wrong, just agree.
The first option once you are past that screen should say "Target FW: ______  (X to cycle/change)"
Press X until it says "3.71"
Next, go to "Install M33 of CFW (of version selected above)". Press X.

Now that should essentially be it. I think there is an option to reset all your setting, just do it. Once it's finished doing it's thing all you need to do is run a standard update (preferably from a UMD) and you should be good to go.

If you run into any trouble just let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
Very cool.  I'll try it out when I get a moment.