0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Rankageddon  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Maverick Joe Six-Pack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
Rankageddon
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:34:39 AM »
Thoughts?
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
Re: Rankageddon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:53:42 PM »
Apparently I react with extreme aversion to all Michael Bay films.  I've only watched this once, so it's a bit soon to rate.  I loved some of the riff lines, but all-too-often I'm sitting there going OH COME ON NOW! to something in the movie itself.

(I also very extremely hated Transformers.  And looking at his credits at IMDB, I think the only other movie of his that I've watched is Pearl Harbor, and I must admit I don't remember a thing about that one.  I'm pretty sure I watched it.  I own the DVD, in fact, so one would think I must have watched it!)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Finally got around to watching this.........

Absolutely hilarious.   This type of movie is right in his sweet spot with the horrible Michael Bayness of every scene.    Just really first rate riffing and I cannot recommend this enough.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Finally got my mix right and watched it last night! Awesome stuff! My favorite MJE riff is still Planet of the Apes but this one is great too. I am still chuckling over that "brainier than Kurt Cobain's ceiling" line!!!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2106
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »
Absolutely hilarious! Maybe second only to House of Wax which is my favourite Matthew Elliott 'trax so far - but a close second indeed!

I saw on Matthew's Facebook he is/was waiting for the go-ahead on a new riff, so I guess he already has the next target chosen.

Can't wait!
FINE

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »
Absolutely hilarious! Maybe second only to House of Wax which is my favourite Matthew Elliott 'trax so far - but a close second indeed!

I saw on Matthew's Facebook he is/was waiting for the go-ahead on a new riff, so I guess he already has the next target chosen.

Can't wait!

I have to give House of Wax another spin. I probably haven't watched it since it was released. It always takes me a couple of listens of a new riffer to get used to them.  My favorite Matthew Elliot trax is Planet of the Apes. I have watched that thing at least 7 times.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 04:07:52 AM »
I understand from the BBC that real life has finally caught up with the visionary known as Michael Bay, and we're only hours away from a perilously close encounter with a massive asteroid. If NASA are reading this, I feel I've learned enough from the hundreds of times I had to watch this bastard film to drill a large hole in the centre of this spinning chunk of rock, insert a nuclear bomb and just have enough time to make a tear-stained farewell to my daughter before pressing "detonate". The ball's in your court, guys.

Offline ephemeris

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
After watching about a hundred RiffTrax movies, this may be my absolute favorite. A perfect ten!

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
The riff is awesome throughout, but the first half of the movie is so incredibly painful that we usually have to skip it. Once the shuttles launch, it's much easier to watch.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 525
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 02:29:11 AM »
This was a lot of fun.  I used to hate Bruce Willis movies, way back when.  Still do.  But, I have to admit, they are great for riffing. 

MJE was on a roll.  Lots of great riffs.     

The movie was constant slow motion explosions,  slow motion views of teary-eyed "every day people" (that'd make a good song title) who happen to be flying American flags...in slow motion.  Padding, padding, padding. 

And just like in the "Lord of the Rings," extended crappy versions, Arwen stands around and stares at stuff...in slow motion. Everything that happens-cut to Arwen Evenmore of Boring, as she stares, slow motion, teary-eyed.  But, to her credit, I didn't h ave to spend a lot of time thinking "That wasn't in the book" every time I saw her. For that. I am eternally grateful.

I like Matthew J. Elliot's riffing.  His on-air personality if likeable. He knows enough about American culture to make great riffs on America. He knows enough about MST3K to make inside jokes. And he can make you laugh, as you see things from a British perspective. 

I have standing recommendation to any MST/Rifftrax fan to watch MJE's riffs!

Edited to add: Next up, "Jurassic Plot III"    ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:11:38 AM by Miku Fan »
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!