Author Topic: Well I never thought this day would come. Law and Order caceled  (Read 1927 times)

Doctor Who?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/14/2010-05-14_law__order_cancelled_by_nbc_after_20_seasons_the_culprit_behind_ny_shows_demise_.html

Well at least now I don't have to worry about it becoming the longest running show in history.  To be fair I think the early season were pretty good and had a Dragnet sort of feel,but for the past 15 years or so it has just been this boring pointless show that is on Tv 17 hours a day.  Glad it's gone.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Re: Well I never thought this day would come. Law and Order caceled
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
As part of the deal, NBC has picked up "Law & Order: Los Angeles," a new version of the franchise, and renewed "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for the coming season.

Why the hell do all the spinoffs have to be in another used-to-death major city? Why can't they do something like Law & Order: Portland (Maine or Oregon), or Law & Order: Green Bay?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5920
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
As part of the deal, NBC has picked up "Law & Order: Los Angeles," a new version of the franchise, and renewed "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for the coming season.

Why the hell do all the spinoffs have to be in another used-to-death major city? Why can't they do something like Law & Order: Portland (Maine or Oregon), or Law & Order: Green Bay?

Law & Order: Forks
Do you testify before this court that your alibi for the night of the 14th was that you were "prancing around shirtless in the forest with your other shirtless buff male friends looking for sparkly men?"

MontyServo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/14/2010-05-14_law__order_cancelled_by_nbc_after_20_seasons_the_culprit_behind_ny_shows_demise_.html

Well at least now I don't have to worry about it becoming the longest running show in history.  To be fair I think the early season were pretty good and had a Dragnet sort of feel,but for the past 15 years or so it has just been this boring pointless show that is on Tv 17 hours a day.  Glad it's gone.

This was something you were worried about?   :D

I haven't watched it regularly since Jerry Orbach passed away.

And it going to be picked up for it's 21st season by TNT.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 05:56:50 AM »

I don't think so.  The article says that TNT didn't want a 21st season and that is why it was canceled.

I wasn't worried worried,but I would much rather have the record be held by The Simpsons which is still the funniest thing on Sunday nights and one the best shows ever on TV period then any of the Law and Order shows.  I think law and Order is kind of like Leno,it doesn't have any fans just old people who fall asleep to it.  In my whole life I have never met one person who claims to be a Law and Order fan or who has ever said 'Hey did you see what happened on Law and Order last Night?"

I would like to say I agree that some of the LA based cop shows should be moved to other cities,what about Law and Order Dover Delaware? ;)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5920
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 06:15:24 AM »
I would like to say I agree that some of the LA based cop shows should be moved to other cities,what about Law and Order Dover Delaware? ;)
Not sure if dog bite cases make for a whole season of enthralling TV.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 06:53:15 AM »

Well Seaford Delaware is one of the most crime filled cities on the whole east coast,make a show about Seaford.

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 07:19:40 AM »

I don't think so.  The article says that TNT didn't want a 21st season and that is why it was canceled.

In my whole life I have never met one person who claims to be a Law and Order fan or who has ever said 'Hey did you see what happened on Law and Order last Night?"

Law and Order, not really. But SVU is talked about from time to time where I work. 

And as far as TNT goes, that article doesn't match what I have read elsewhere.  Nikki Finke is reporting that a deal to have L&O's 21st season on TNT is still in the works.  Originally, TNT was to help finance new episodes of L&O which would air first on NBC and then TNT.  NBC, being NBC, messed up that deal and ended up canceling the show.

If I had to guess, I'd say that since Law & Order is one of the flagship shows on TNT and they will not be dropping it anytime soon, that I think they will pick it up for it's 21st season, where the show may very well find a new audience and stick around for years to come.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:46 AM »
poor show. never got a chance did it...

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3573
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
Why do networks feel the need to make multiple copies of the same show?  I could crap out 5 ideas for shows that are better than, "I know, let's do the same thing, but in LA!".

Doctor Who?

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
Why do networks feel the need to make multiple copies of the same show?  I could crap out 5 ideas for shows that are better than, "I know, let's do the same thing, but in LA!".

I know,I so sick of CBS being nothing but CSI shows.  You can call them whatever you want but they are still CSI.

Csi
Broadcasting
System.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3573
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »
Better idea's for a cop drama #1:

New York Mounted Police

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 11:27:53 AM »

Well Seaford Delaware is one of the most crime filled cities on the whole east coast,make a show about Seaford.
I remember about 10 years ago when that convicted murderer escaped from Gander Hill Prison up in Wilmington.  One day while on the run he was spotted half a mile away from our house.  I STILL couldn't convince my family to lock the door at night.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
I wasn't worried worried,but I would much rather have the record be held by The Simpsons which is still the funniest thing on Sunday nights and one the best shows ever on TV period then any of the Law and Order shows.  I think law and Order is kind of like Leno,it doesn't have any fans just old people who fall asleep to it.  In my whole life I have never met one person who claims to be a Law and Order fan or who has ever said 'Hey did you see what happened on Law and Order last Night?"

Yeah, I saw Man of the Year too.

anais.jude

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 12:02:19 PM »

Law & Order: Forks
Do you testify before this court that your alibi for the night of the 14th was that you were "prancing around shirtless in the forest with your other shirtless buff male friends looking for sparkly men?"

Why has no one else commented on how funny that was?