Author Topic: New G.I. Joe series  (Read 645 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
New G.I. Joe series
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
I don't know whether to be excited by this or not: http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/33395/new-g.i.-joe-series-cast-and-show-details-revealed

HissTank.com and ForcesofGeek have reports from the recent JoeCon convention where it was officially announced that the title for the new series is G.I. Joe Renegades.

Of note from these reports is that the first season will include:

- A 2-part pilot with a total of 26 episodes.
- Episodes 7-8 will focus on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.
- The animation is traditional 2D, hand-drawn style "with extensive focus on light and shadow [and the] backgrounds appear to have a watercolor look."

It was also announced that the series is a relaunch with a "Year One" approach and "no continuity with prior classic series, Resolute or the film series."

Elsewhere, Voice Actors in the News has news via Michael Bell (G.I. Joe, Transformers) on the voice cast:

Just did a guest spot on the new Gi Joe animated series. Played Duke's dad. Duke being the ever talented Jason Marsden who incidentally, I directed in the Fox animated " Peter Pan" series way back when he was a mere teen. B J Ward played Duke's mom. What a kick to be back in the saddle again with old friends.

Bell adds that the new show seems to him to be "very intelligent and well directed by Ginny McSwain

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1506
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: New G.I. Joe series
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:38:44 AM »
cool! hope it doesn't suck!