Author Topic: Family Guy -Episode 150  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Family Guy -Episode 150
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »
You know, there are times when I regret that my computer is set up so that my back is towards the TV. And then there's tonight, where you couldn't have paid me enough money to turn around and watch what's going on on-screen.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Family Guy -Episode 150
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »
You could always watch Stephen Hawking on Discovery. Was planning to stream Family Guy later... is it really that bad?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
kinda disgusting... and dumb.. especially the beginning.. the last half or so is just clips of the music moments from old episodes..

anais.jude

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
I posted my sentaments in teh Big thread of Seth McFarlane (First, might I add). I basically agree with Compound. I want money for having to watch this

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
You could always watch Stephen Hawking on Discovery. Was planning to stream Family Guy later... is it really that bad?

Let me put it this way. The first part was basically this:

And a half hour later, it ended with Brian and Stewie talking about how Brian had reoccurring thoughts about killing himself. (They weren't making jokes about this, BTW.) But to go from the opening pleasantness to "It feels like I don't fit in with this world and feel sometimes that it would be easier to end it all" was a bit jarring, somewhat like starting an episode of Spongebob and then ending with  "Grave of the Fireflies."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3690
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 12:21:04 AM »
It was a surprising episode, and it was actually somewhat powerful after the scatological humor was out of the way. I think I liked it. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but most shows that end up with cast members trapped in a vault is nothing but flashbacks, but this was the first Family Guy with no cutaway gags at all. :^)

Offline carlobee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:41:53 AM »
I always miss Family Guy Episodes and I hate it. :(

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:26:50 AM »

Same here, but replace the word "and" with the word "because".

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »

Same here, but replace the word "and" with the word "because".

Seconded.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

MontyServo

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
You know, if I see a topic where they are discussing something that I don't care about, I usually just skip over that topic. 

I don't make a point to enter the topic, just to post that I don't like the thing that is being talked about.

"Oh look, there is a thread about Gossip Girl!  I hate that show!  It is soooo stupid!  They'd probably want to know that I think that.  I'd better let them know."   ::)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:24:14 PM by Monty »

MontyServo

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
Now then, back on the topic of Family Guy #150.

What a friggin' bizarre episode!  I could have done without the poo-eating, but in a way it was necessary for two very important bits later in the episode. (When Stewie used it against Brian, and later the hilarious security camera reveal.)

I usually don't like that much drama in my animated sitcoms, but this was alright.

We've seen Family Guy experiment with their format a bit over the past few seasons, I hope we see more in the future.  The premise has been getting stale.

American Dad is still the show to watch. (Except when that stupid Koala Bear is on.  Was never funny once, don't know why they keep it around.)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
You know, if I see a topic where they are discussing something that I don't care about, I usually just skip over that topic. 

I don't make a point to enter the topic, just to post that I don't like the thing that is being talked about.

"Oh look, there is a thread about Gossip Girl!  I hate that show!  It is soooo stupid!  They'd probably want to know that I think that.  I'd better let them know."   ::)

Your opinion is different than mine. I don't like it. And thus, by extension, you. ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

MontyServo

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »

Your opinion is different than mine. I don't like it. And thus, by extension, you. ;)

I didn't realize you liked Gossip Girl so much.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:38:06 PM by Monty »

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 04:22:46 PM »

You really should.  It's quite fun.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1379
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:10 AM »

It's weird, I often get bitched out for the opposite thing. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)