Author Topic: Happy Town  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Happy Town
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
I have faith that TV viewers will suddenly get smarter and will start watching.

* goes back into his ivory tower *

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5114
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
So what is Happy Town?  I only heard the title recently... and rather than me looking it up, wouldn't you like the chance to tell me about it?  If anything, I'm doing you a favour.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »
So what is Happy Town?  I only heard the title recently... and rather than me looking it up, wouldn't you like the chance to tell me about it?  If anything, I'm doing you a favour.

Don't you mean a bizarro favour?!
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3560
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

It's basically an updated version of Twin Peaks.  I'm sorry, but I can't explain what Twin Peaks is.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »
Very nice second episode!

I guess I just realized the guy who plays "Big Dave" is the same guy who played the red-headed troll in Buffy.

LOVED the filming of the last scene with the music playing, and the hawk just gliding to the camera and out of frame..... wonderfully shot.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:52 PM »
I guess I just realized the guy who plays "Big Dave" is the same guy who played the red-headed troll in Buffy.

And the bully from Parker Lewis.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 01:14:48 AM »
The scene with Dr. Grant dancing with the bed and breakfast lady really threw me into Twin Peaks flashes.... even the angle of the shot of the whole room and the way it was laid out made me think of Maddy's murder scene.  Weird.

Second week in a row with dreadful ratings.  They made a huge mistake putting this show up against American Idol results shows.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 05:16:46 AM »
I just read on AOL that the prospect of this show lasting is slim to none.  It's looking like one of those shows that won't even be given a chance. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
I just read on AOL that the prospect of this show lasting is slim to none.  It's looking like one of those shows that won't even be given a chance. 

And absolute garbage like the show on NBC were people unroll toilet paper for money stays on the air.....

I hate a large percentage of my fellow humans.

* flies off on a murderous rage *

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »
I missed the first episode, but got it queued up on Hulu.  (DVR set to record the series after seeing people on here enjoyed it.)  Haven't watched it yet, but hopefully it sticks around for awhile since I'm intrigued by it.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
I am so glad I'm not the only one who actually likes this show.  I also don't see it lasting though, which sucks...

I just watched Episode 1 and I dug it. I was getting ready to watch episode 2......

http://bit.ly/dmWJXt

Lame.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
I am so glad I'm not the only one who actually likes this show.  I also don't see it lasting though, which sucks...

I just watched Episode 1 and I dug it. I was getting ready to watch episode 2......

Lame.

Yeah....because two episodes is enough for a TV show to hit its stride.  This is really stupid.  They should have just started this show on cable.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »

Lame.

Yeah....because two episodes is enough for a TV show to hit its stride.  This is really stupid.  They should have just started this show on cable.

Seriously.  Now I'm kinda wondering if its worth even getting into if its just going away.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 03:06:40 PM »

Lame.

Seriously.  Now I'm kinda wondering if its worth even getting into if its just going away.

Point Pleasant was good enough to buy, even though it got cancelled prematurely.  Even got unaired episodes.  Hopefully there will be a DVD release of ALL episodes made sometime.

Horrible marketing and scheduling on ABC's part.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:43 PM »
Much as I hate this move, you can't say ABC didn't promote the everliving HELL out of this series.  I couldn't move during an episode of Lost or V without tripping over a fucking Happy Town promo.  LOL

I'll be sad to see it go though.
"Did she just say Chipping?"