login

Author Topic: Favorite Lines  (Read 36430 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Favorite Lines
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 01:11:18 PM »
This is going to require quite a few viewings to get all the lines, just looking at parts here and there today I've hearing stuff I must have missed while laughing, just caught a Goonies reference I missed last night...

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
Did that make more sense in 3D? Well, the script is in 1D.

Uh, oh. Morning wood.

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »
A few of my favorites have already been mentioned. Two that weren't were:

"You're the man now dog!!" and [in reference to one of the helicopters] "This is one of Brad Wesley's favorite modes of transportation".

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
"I hear Michael Vick did a Peewee Herman in the theater when he saw this."

Yeah, that was ugly.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline JWhite

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
"Oh god he is going to break out in song! 'Look at this place! Isn't it neat? Why is my junk not as big of my feet?'"

I forget the rest of the song but that was just brilliant.

"Tell...Eragon...I hate him!"

Best variation of this line and any Eragon hate is a plus.

"Excuse me...got to go to the dock to fight the sentinels."

As a huge Matrix Trilogy fan this line made me fell of my couch. Not only did the sequel mechs look better than this crap, but the Avatar ones look like Bionicles. Surprise that comparison was never made.

"If that truck transforms into a robot with John Tuturo underneath it's scrotum, I'm leaving!"

Oh and every single "But how does...IT'S SCIENCE BILL!!! But-SCIENCE!!!!"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:07:25 PM by JWhite »

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »
The R.L. Stine riff actually made me wake up my dogs, I laughed so loud...

"I swear, it's like he's got a magnet in his ass!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 06:55:42 AM »

As a huge Matrix Trilogy fan this line made me fell of my couch. Not only did the sequel mechs look better than this crap, but the Avatar ones look like Bionicles. Surprise that comparison was never made.

I thought these mechs looks much better than the ones in the Matrix sequels. At least these had PROTECTION AROUND THE DRIVER, for crying out loud!

Oh, and the "Robot Knife Fight!" song was hilarious! I'm sure it was an intentional callback to "master Ninja Theme Song".

spaceforarent

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 07:36:37 AM »

I thought these mechs looks much better than the ones in the Matrix sequels. At least these had PROTECTION AROUND THE DRIVER, for crying out loud!

Oh, and the "Robot Knife Fight!" song was hilarious! I'm sure it was an intentional callback to "master Ninja Theme Song".

Reminded me more of the ones from District 9

Offline JWhite

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »

Really? They looked better? I think we can agree that the District 9 ones were the best ones but seriously? Did you look at the feet of those things? The arms? COME ON!

spaceforarent

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »

Really? They looked better? I think we can agree that the District 9 ones were the best ones but seriously? Did you look at the feet of those things? The arms? COME ON!
Well I didn't think they looked better, but more similar. As in they actually protected the operator. And I haven't seen the Matrix ones in a while, but I don't remember them being able to run or jump. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline JWhite

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
They can both run and jump, what is also great about them is that they actually looked real and they actually had physical weight. I vote them second only to the District 9 ones.

And here is the thing (since I love making fun of the Matrix movies even though I love them), is I don't get the whole protection thing in Avatar. Really? In the final battle, ARROWS WERE BLOWING RIGHT THROUGH THEM! Jake managed to ram a pole through it! If they cannot stand bows and arrows then how the hell could they survive bullets and crap? If the protection is that flimsy then why bother with it?

And on that note...why is it that the glass on the mechs cant repel arrows but the window of the GUNSHIP can? Your telling me that out of your entire PMC fleet you only have ONE WINDOW that is ARROW proof, never mind possibly BULLET or since this is the future LASER proof?

-SCIENCE JWHITE!

But-

SCIENCE!

spaceforarent

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 10:58:02 AM »
They can both run and jump, what is also great about them is that they actually looked real and they actually had physical weight. I vote them second only to the District 9 ones.

And here is the thing (since I love making fun of the Matrix movies even though I love them), is I don't get the whole protection thing in Avatar. Really? In the final battle, ARROWS WERE BLOWING RIGHT THROUGH THEM! Jake managed to ram a pole through it! If they cannot stand bows and arrows then how the hell could they survive bullets and crap? If the protection is that flimsy then why bother with it?

And on that note...why is it that the glass on the mechs cant repel arrows but the window of the GUNSHIP can? Your telling me that out of your entire PMC fleet you only have ONE WINDOW that is ARROW proof, never mind possibly BULLET or since this is the future LASER proof?

-SCIENCE JWHITE!

But-

SCIENCE!

Well the glass protection on the mechs was more for the toxic atmosphere, though yes it is very stupid to have glass that can't repel arrows.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
Mike: "Now, if I got my own dragon, would I have to buy my own truck nuts?"
Kevin: "Well they come preinstalled in about half the models."

Kevin's Amway sketch. "Aw screw it, I'm just gonna eat you."

We got movement out there, 500 meters.
Bill: "It's a baby skunk. Be careful, looks like it could kick our asses!" (Gregory!)

SCIENECE!

I'll have to watch this again later while not drunk.

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
"That depends. What the hell is a shavetail louie?"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »

No, the arrows could only penetrate the glass WHEN THE PLOT NEEDED THEM TO. Remember, in the beginning they were firing the arrows and they were just glancing off the windows. The general laughed them off. But later, the glass was broken easily. Goddamn what a shitty movie!

And my point comparing them to the ones in The Matrix sequels was that those had no protection whatsoever around the drivers.