4 (10.8%)
4 (10.8%)
2 (5.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Rank the Blue World!  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Rank the Blue World!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »
I have no idea how they come up with enought material for ten hour movies like this.    What a tribute to the writers!

I gave this a solid 9.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
I gave it a 6... I don't know why, but I wasn't that thrilled by it all.  There were some pretty funny parts, but I think the immense drag of the movie just brought it down a bit.  Made it even more difficult to actually enjoy the riffing.

I dunno, maybe after a couple more viewings I'll re-rank it.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 05:49:52 AM »
I gave it a six. A few great jokes, but not consistent.
FINE

Offline Dr. Whopoopeepee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • NERDS!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
I just gave it a six too.  I don't know what everyone liked about this one.  I sometimes get tired of the constant references to other films they've riffed, but it doesn't bother me too much if they are in the context of the scene.  There were a few times in this one where the reference had no context, and didn't make any sense to me.  Maybe I'm missing something: a spaceship is flying away and someone says something about stopping by Hogwarts.  Also there was a line about Over the Top that seemed a little weird, something like "that's what I call over the top" or something. 
I have loved all the riffs from the last few months except Avatar, but I don't only complain, I'm gonna go give the Goblet o' Fire one a 9 (or a 9.5 if I can) right now!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 628
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
I just gave it a six too.  I don't know what everyone liked about this one.  I sometimes get tired of the constant references to other films they've riffed, but it doesn't bother me too much if they are in the context of the scene.  There were a few times in this one where the reference had no context, and didn't make any sense to me.  Maybe I'm missing something: a spaceship is flying away and someone says something about stopping by Hogwarts.  Also there was a line about Over the Top that seemed a little weird, something like "that's what I call over the top" or something. 
I have loved all the riffs from the last few months except Avatar, but I don't only complain, I'm gonna go give the Goblet o' Fire one a 9 (or a 9.5 if I can) right now!

"Oh hai. previously-riffed-movie."

MightyJack

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline lordthree

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »
Good Riff but it still couldn't keep me in the movie. Avatar was mindless painful drivel. After the first 2 hours and I realized they still had act 3... I had to turn it off and watch the next day. I was even drunk... I had low expectations, but this was too much. Nothing really made any sense... the plot was completely stolen from dozens of other storys.... I can't think of a single redeeming quality. Not since Transformers has anything stunk this bad. I'd rather have watched a 3 hour podrace.

The jokes were good, I'd have voted 10 if it was good enough to keep me in for act III. Anything that could make this watchable would be a 10.

www.avatarsucks.com

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
One of the best ones. The movie has just the right combination of senselessness and delusions of grandeur for riffing.

"Got anything you want me to genocide up?" is a sentence I wish I could work into conversation more often.