Author Topic: Now available!!!  (Read 14256 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Now available!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
But I may watch it pure for the riff if it would be worth having to watch through a couple of hour cutscene.

If you're watching most Rifftraxed movies for anything other than the riff you are doing it wrong.
FINE

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
Geeze, the autoduck on the audio track has taken 2 hours and counting.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5324
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
Well it is 2 3/4 hours long.. :scared:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »

Yea, took almost an hour on my fairly fast computer.  2 hours 41 minutes is a lot of audio.....

Kinda glad the Phillies game took a long time, had the computer working on the files while watching the game...  Burn should be done soon.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »
I was just watching the movie by itself  The audio goes from dialogue I have to raise the volume to hear to big movie noise,  explosions and monster attacks,  that I have to lower the volume for.  Big range.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline vampirehunter42

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
  • Arvel Crynyd A-wing pilot
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
But I may watch it pure for the riff if it would be worth having to watch through a couple of hour cutscene.

If you're watching most Rifftraxed movies for anything other than the riff you are doing it wrong.

I can only think of 4 off the top of my head, the F4 movies, Top Gun and eragon. The rest (at least the ones I own) I had the movies anyway.

And I guess that is a no, it is not worth getting. Thanks.
Some of my favorite 'Things to Remember When I Become Evil Overlord'
56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »

I can only think of 4 off the top of my head, the F4 movies, Top Gun and eragon. The rest (at least the ones I own) I had the movies anyway.

I haven't watched it yet, so I can't help you in that regard - but if there are only four movies from the Rifftrax library you don't own you have terrible taste in movies and I wouldn't be able to help you anyway. ;P
FINE

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 96
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
Really, is this worth getting? I am one of the few on Earth who have not seen this and don't really plan to. But I may watch it pure for the riff if it would be worth having to watch through a couple of hour cutscene.

Do you like RiffTrax?  Then it's probably worth getting, it's pretty in line with what we've been doing for the past close to four years.  If not, you should probably pass.

Offline vampirehunter42

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
  • Arvel Crynyd A-wing pilot
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »

I haven't watched it yet, so I can't help you in that regard - but if there are only four movies from the Rifftrax library you don't own you have terrible taste in movies and I wouldn't be able to help you anyway. ;P

That was of the ones I own. I have yet to even watch a Matrix movie yet. Never plan to.

And thanks, Conor. I still may wait for it to drop in price first. I really have a dislike for this type of movie. Then again I can rent it.
Some of my favorite 'Things to Remember When I Become Evil Overlord'
56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »
My point is I think you are missing the point - you don't need to like the movie to enjoy the Rifftrax.

(In fact, if you ask me, it's preferable not to)
FINE

Offline smapte

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
liked the movie in the theater, liked it even more at home in combo with rifftrax.

the disembaudio ending credits made my night.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »

No, it's a "most of us haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet."  Check back in a couple of days and ask again.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
The Mike/Na'vi hybrid at the top left corner of the homepage is giving me nightmares.

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
fwiw (which isn't much) my initial reaction to this rifftrax is that it's one of my favorites.  It might wear down, but for now this is fully worth it.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »

Oh it is soooo worth getting, the riff is hilarious, eyes watering sides hurting kind of hilarious.

This is the best way to re-watch this movie, watch the pretty scenery and action sequences while laughing like crazy...