login

Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 34177 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1506
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 06:37:08 PM »
Twins new park looks nice!

Might hit up Coors Field on Friday or Saturday.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
Got tickets to the Cards Angels game on May 22nd.    First time in the new Busch Stadium.    Since my birthday is May 23rd, I am assuming a massive Cardinal win and them to present me with free season tickets for life.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »

Er, unless you already have tickets, I wouldn't count on Friday. It's the home opener and tickets (and parking) tend to be scare and juuust a tad higher priced than normal. Saturday shouldn't be too difficult though.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 05:35:54 AM »

Er, unless you already have tickets, I wouldn't count on Friday. It's the home opener and tickets (and parking) tend to be scare and juuust a tad higher priced than normal. Saturday shouldn't be too difficult though.

Yeah we're staying within walking distance of the park, so we were just going to wander over and see if there were any standing room tickets.  We're already going to miss the first few innings since our flight gets in to Denver around game time. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »
ESPN is already in full "every baseball story must feature the Yankees somehow" mode.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
What are your hopes for your team(s) this year?

If the Twins can overcome the apathy they had most of last year (too many games where they just stopped trying after falling behind or getting ahead by a few run - the worst example was a game in Oakland where they scored 12 runs early and lost the game 14-13) then they should have a shot making the World Series.  Losing Joe Nathan is though but someone will step up to fill that hole.

Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

MontyServo

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
My team (the O's) is stuck in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox, so I usually have no hope for them.

But every year, I feel the same thing.  Everybody starts 0-0, and anything can happen.  But most likely, by the second week of May, we will be out of contention.  We have a 12 game stretch against the Red Sox and Yankees end of April into May.  We'll probably go 2-10 during that run.  That should do it.   :P

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
My team (the O's) is stuck in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox, so I usually have no hope for them.

But every year, I feel the same thing.  Everybody starts 0-0, and anything can happen.  But most likely, by the second week of May, we will be out of contention.  We have a 12 game stretch against the Red Sox and Yankees end of April into May.  We'll probably go 2-10 during that run.  That should do it.   :P

That's why they play the games - because you never know what will happen.   Wouldn't it be great if the both the Yankees and Red Sox had a down year for once.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »
My hope for the Cardinals is first place and the World Series.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
That sound you hear is the pants tightening of all ESPN upper management.  *boing!*

MontyServo

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »

That's why they play the games - because you never know what will happen.   Wouldn't it be great if the both the Yankees and Red Sox had a down year for once.

The Rays run a few years ago gives me some hope, that anything is possible in the AL East.  And we have some exciting young talent.  But I'm not holding my breath either.

I'll be able to watch our first three games this year since they are against the Rays (I live in the Rays market, but not in Tampa so I don't really care to root for them.)  I was thinking of getting the online MLB.TV package to watch O's games the rest of the time they don't play the Rays.  Anybody here have experience with MLB.TV?  How is it?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »
But the O's have Julio Lugo this year! 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:06 AM »
But the O's have Julio Lugo this year! 

You sure know all of Julio's comings and goings!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
Only because he's AWESOME!  Actually having him as a backup 2B isn't so bad. Its the starting SS part that's scary.

anais.jude

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
I am going to try to go the Rockies game on Sat. and since I have no car, no need to worry about silly parking fees

So, in a dream world, the Rockies will win the Worlds Series, and the Broncos will win the next Super bowl. Oh and I am nice and my cats are pretty

and NO i will not come back to reality