Author Topic: So after seeing all those innocent humans being killed...  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Valinid

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
So after seeing all those innocent humans being killed...
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
Belle still has no problem becoming a vampire? I would think I would have second thoughts about becoming a man-eating monster after that.  So, she isn't worried that she might lose control and kill someone? She has seen how hard it is for these vampires to control their blood lust. She isn't worried that she might lose complete control and become a complete monster like those evil vampires?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:12:46 PM by Valinid »
Doctor Who Science Theater
Now reading Baldur's Gate by Philip Athens.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: So after seeing all those innocent humans being killed...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »
Belle still has no problem becoming a vampire? I would think I would have second thoughts about becoming a man-eating monster after that.  So, she isn't worried that she might lose control and kill someone? She has seen how hard it is for these vampires to control their blood lust. She isn't worried that she might lose complete control and become a complete monster like those evil vampires?

That would involve caring about anyone other than yourself.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5616
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
That would involve caring about anyone other than yourself.

True. And we have seen how well Bella controls her emotions.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:53 PM »
Yeah, what Duck said.  LOL
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Valinid

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
I forgot that forethought and consideration of others aren't Bella's strong points.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:58:50 PM by Valinid »
Doctor Who Science Theater
Now reading Baldur's Gate by Philip Athens.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
She's warned repeatedly by the Cullens that being a vampire isn't all it's cracked up to be, but she's too dense to listen.

Also, apparently, doing it after graduation will make it all right.

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »

Mm-hm, m-hm, I see your concern and I raise you, "Eternity with Edward".  See?  It evens out.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »

Mm-hm, m-hm, I see your concern and I raise you, "Eternity with Edward".  See?  It evens out.

"Eternity"?  Like James and Dredlocks had? Not everywhere do the vampires have treaties with the locals against killing them.  And they can't stay in Forks forever without someone figuring things out.  What if every tribe in the US has members with the gene that activates when there's a vampire in town (which, again...where were they during "Twilight"?).  Someone needs to point out to this little airhead that nothing is guaranteed.

But then, that wouldn't be romantic.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
You know that Bella won't be treated as anything but a victim in these stories though. Because she is the Mary Sue, she won't give in to the thirst and it will be another character, mostly seeing as how he's the werewolf, who will have the problems with dealing with the inner violence of what he is. This quality has inadvertently made him a more 3 dimensional character out of all the Twilight characters I might add. I mean really, as a human she's the only one immune to the other vampire's powers save for Alice's gift of foresight.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
You know that Bella won't be treated as anything but a victim in these stories though. Because she is the Mary Sue, she won't give in to the thirst and it will be another character, mostly seeing as how he's the werewolf, who will have the problems with dealing with the inner violence of what he is. This quality has inadvertently made him a more 3 dimensional character out of all the Twilight characters I might add. I mean really, as a human she's the only one immune to the other vampire's powers save for Alice's gift of foresight.

And Jasper's mood altering.   :(

Offline Ayriana22

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »

And common sense, and logic, and empathy, and....oh wait those aren't vampire powers....
"Occasionally,  I'm callous and strange"-Willow -Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 06:18:45 AM »

And common sense, and logic, and empathy, and....oh wait those aren't vampire powers....

But she does care about Edward though.  :P

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 07:20:04 AM »
Only in the self absorbed "I need him to pay attention to me 24-7" way.  Kind of like how a Golden Retriever cares about you as long as the petting, hugs, walks, and food keep coming.  LMFAO
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »
Only in the self absorbed "I need him to pay attention to me 24-7" way.  Kind of like how a Golden Retriever cares about you as long as the petting, hugs, walks, and food keep coming.  LMFAO

Or more aptly a hungry cat. Once you feed them they leave you alone.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 07:02:49 AM »
You know, I thought of this and it sort of bothers me that Stephenie Meyer wrote this, but our "hero" Edward went out of his way to pathetically try to save Bella, but when it came to a group of people that included women and children, he didn't lift his voice in protest at least.