login

Author Topic: Now available, right in time for your midnight release party!  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight-new-moon

Twi-Hard. A once proud word that has been shockingly cheapened by over-use. It used to mean something. These days, any given twelve year old girl with Team Edward wallpaper on her iPhone can be the star of a "Vampire Fever" cover story photo in USA Today. It's not right. Just because some soccer mom blows two months of grocery funds on an elaborate face tattoo replicating the iconic "Cullen baseball" scene, that DOES NOT make her a real Twi-Hard, okay? It's something you earn. It's something you live.

Forgive our emotion on this issue, but it's just that Mike, Kevin, and Bill are probably the biggest Twilight fans on the planet. Just survey Kristen Stewart's file of restraining order requests, and see which names pop up the most (Stephenie Meyer's file is alarmingly similar). So it should surprise no one that these three sparkly warriors trekked to the theater dozens upon dozens of times to feast upon the sweet succulent cinematic nectar that is New Moon. After the fourteenth viewing, the girl at the ticket counter was unable to make eye contact with them, muttering something about "grown men" under her breath. The pimply popcorn vendor filled his friends' inboxes with texts like "OMG third time today," while the theater janitor constantly fought the urge to beat them with his mop. In a word: epic.

But the shame they endured, along with the suffering of their long-neglected wives and children, is your gain. Thanks to these endless, obsessive, life-destroying viewings, Mike, Kevin, and Bill are able to present this RiffTrax of New Moon on the eve of its DVD release. Let's just hope that, now that the ride is over, they can put their lives back together once and for all (they're not making any more of these movies, right?).

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight-new-moon

No sample yet because of obvious reasons. However, know that I will be going to buy a copy first thing in the morning and coming into the office to make a sample (and a .riff if the disc cooperates.) That's right - I'm spending my beautiful San Diego Saturday buying and working on Twilight: New Moon. For you. The fans. I AM NOT WASTING MY 30% OFF BORDERS COUPON ON IT THOUGH!  :grr:

...for some reason I'm getting a strong urge to re-evaluate my life choices up to this point.  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:38:53 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline jas722

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: Now available, right in time for your midnight release party!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
haha, well I thank you for your dedication.

I will be in torture thou since I can buy the Rifftrax now but my dvd won't be here till Saturday afternoon from Netflix  :'(

And hell no i ain't going to a midnight opening or even buying this dvd  :D

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
And don't forget that if you buy New Moon you get a buck off any other full length riff.  Just add it to your cart, it's applied automatically.  (limited time only)

MontyServo

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »
And don't forget that if you buy New Moon you get a buck off any other full length riff.  Just add it to your cart, it's applied automatically.  (limited time only)

Must be very limited time only, I added New Moon and Terminator Salvation to my cart.  No discount.  (I also added the last three shorts released, does that make a difference?)

Nope, I removed the shorts and the discount isn't there.

I emptied my cart and started over.  Still no discount.  I think I'm just gonna skip the "special offer" and just buy New Moon and the 3 shorts.  Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:16:11 PM by Monty »

anais.jude

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »
Thrash, why are Mike and CO making you spend your ahrd earned money on the DVD?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »

Must be very limited time only, I added New Moon and Terminator Salvation to my cart.  No discount.  (I also added the last three shorts released, does that make a difference?)

I emptied my cart and started over.  Still no discount.  I think I'm just gonna skip the "special offer" and just buy New Moon and the 3 shorts.  Thanks anyway.

Hmm, I randomly tested it with Eragon and it worked. Let me see if Salvation is getting skipped for some reason.

EDIT: Nope, it's working for me. I have those two in my cart and it's working fine for me. It shows up under the Order total preview... see the screenshot.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:24:40 PM by torgosPizza »

Offline Rand

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

Did you click "checkout"? I thought it wasn't working also, but then I clicked "Checkout" and the discount was listed there (on the screen where you fill out your payment info). It's not applied in the cart.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6836
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
salvation worked for me. you have to go to the next screen, not just the basket/cart/whatever screen.

edit: damn you, new guy for being quick!
dF = 0
d*F = J

MontyServo

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
Thanks, but it is too late now.  Already bought New Moon with the last 3 shorts.    ;D

That's what I get for being impatient!

I'll be sure to get in in the next special offer!

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »

I lost the strip-poker game that decided who would go. I would care, but they are usually very generous with the bacon supply, so no biggie.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »

I lost the strip-poker game that decided who would go. I would care, but they are usually very generous with the bacon supply, so no biggie.

They don't try to sneak you some Canadian Bacon every once in awhile do they?
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6836
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
canadian bacon rules. :shun:
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is the sample not up yet because the DVD hasn't been officially released yet?  Since I pretty much buy everything you release I rarely watch the samples anymore so I'm just curious about the legal issues in this case.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline jas722

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »

No sample yet because of obvious reasons. However, know that I will be going to buy a copy first thing in the morning and coming into the office to make a sample

I think this should answer your question regarding the sample

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
Yeah, Conor had to explain it to me on Twitter, and then I felt silly. *blush* I just hadn't thought it through.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!