login

Author Topic: How Gorey?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline VBane

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
How Gorey?
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:48:04 AM »
Hopefully someone will see this despite how old a release this is and how long its been since anyone's posted here.

I am thinking of getting this, but really not a fan of gore and blood.  Never seen this movie, just wondering how bad this movie is on that front.
"Let your anger be like a monkey in a pinata, hiding with the candy, hoping the kids don't break through with the sticks."

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: How Gorey?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
Not that bad, as I recall. 

And new posts, even on very old boards, are often seen when the "Show unread posts since last visit." link is clicked.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
Not all that much gore.  and enough jokes that you'll be too busy laughing to get grossed out.  At the time this movie was made, a movie was scary enough if it just had people walking around as zombies.  The movie-maker didn't need to have blood sprayed all over the place.

Offline VBane

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »
Any flesh eating?  Thats the part that freaks me out the most and what I am most worried about
"Let your anger be like a monkey in a pinata, hiding with the candy, hoping the kids don't break through with the sticks."

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
Any flesh eating?  Thats the part that freaks me out the most and what I am most worried about

Not that I recall.  There's some biting, but nothing as graphic as, say, that scene in Hostel 2 where the kid is alive and strapped to the table while the customer at the hostel cuts apart his leg and eats it the way you'd eat a Thanksgiving turkey.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
There are really only a couple of scenes that I'd classify as gory.  There's a 20-30 second sequence after the truck blows up of the zombies playing with their food.  And there's a very brief glimpse of some arm-munching when the mother goes down into the basement at the very end.

All of it's pretty tame by today's standards (and in black and white, so it's hard to see much detail), though it blew some minds in 1968.

And as a huge fan of Night of the Living Dead, I'd recommend watching it without the riff first, especially as I don't consider this riff one of their stronger efforts.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »

Not that I recall.  There's some biting, but nothing as graphic as, say, that scene in Hostel 2 where the kid is alive and strapped to the table while the customer at the hostel cuts apart his leg and eats it the way you'd eat a Thanksgiving turkey.

Jesus Christ. People watch stuff like that for FUN?

Well, that particular part was only about 15 seconds long.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
There are really only a couple of scenes that I'd classify as gory.  There's a 20-30 second sequence after the truck blows up of the zombies playing with their food.  And there's a very brief glimpse of some arm-munching when the mother goes down into the basement at the very end.

All of it's pretty tame by today's standards (and in black and white, so it's hard to see much detail), though it blew some minds in 1968.

And as a huge fan of Night of the Living Dead, I'd recommend watching it without the riff first, especially as I don't consider this riff one of their stronger efforts.
I remember seeing that as a kid and being scared out of my wits. It seems tame now and is such a small part of the movie.