login

Author Topic: Sync issue (solved!)  (Read 2373 times)

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
Sync issue (solved!)
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
There is definitely a problem with the riff on this one, as I own both the theatrical cut on DVD and the Blu Ray and both manage to end up about 3/4 second out of sync by the end of the movie, with the rifftrax being that much faster.

Did anyone find out how to fix this or where the problem on the riff .mp3 lies? Does it exist on the PAL version too? Might have to buy the UK DVD if not, which is annoying, but still.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:32:56 PM by geesus »

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
Re: Did this ever get fixed?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »
On further investigation, the blip occurs between the sync lines "There is nothing to be scared of"  30:15 (DVD) and "Pentagon officials have retrofit..."   38:48 (DVD) somewhere, so I might just go through and add some silence somewhere to make them match up.

I'm wondering perhaps if the new Blu Ray and latest DVD's were perhaps taken from a new master, compared to the older release that Rifftrax used, and the new master has a slight blip somewhere in there.

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »
yup, as I thought, it was a problem with the new release, not the rifftrax. How could I doubt you?

If anyone else has similar problems, you need to insert approx 1/2 second of silence into the riff, during the scene where Goldblum's character first arrives at the White House and waves at his ex through the window. The rest of the film then syncs perfectly.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 119
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »
yup, as I thought, it was a problem with the new release, not the rifftrax. How could I doubt you?

If anyone else has similar problems, you need to insert approx 1/2 second of silence into the riff, during the scene where Goldblum's character first arrives at the White House and waves at his ex through the window. The rest of the film then syncs perfectly.

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Re: Sync issue (solved!)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 06:40:34 AM »
It seems to be at around 37 minutes, right when the scene changes from Vivica Fox (sp?) makes her friend promise not to go to greet the aliens, to Goldblum and Hirsch driving to the White House. I added just a little over a second of silence and everything synced back up for the rest of the riff.