login

Author Topic: archer  (Read 37548 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6532
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: archer
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2015, 08:26:47 PM »
He is a product of his environment!
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of Archer's tinnitus. And in case you point out the obvious, that you're communicating via text instead of voice, then I'm sorry but I can't read you over the exploding grenade that Archer mistook for a flash-bang... again.

MOP
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1219
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #331 on: February 02, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »
Archer vs. Magnum PI

https://youtu.be/F0xsEfdS72Q
Scottotd on Instagram or @Scottotd on the Tweety :)

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3007
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2017, 06:19:48 AM »
Ok for those that know my taste in adult cartoons, what's your take on this show? :o

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2277
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2017, 07:57:50 AM »
Totally worth checking out. If you ever got around to trying out Sealab 2021, it's made by some of the same creative team.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3902
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:25 AM »
I don't know if I know yours SUPER well (I know you like Rick and Morty and Beavis and Butthead), but I think you'd like it.  It is a really strong show with a great cast of characters.  It starts off as relatively standard spy spoof stuff (albeit, still funny) and slowly grows its cast into people you really want to spend time with.  There are detractors who complain it is the "characters always yelling" at each other show.  There is definitely that, but it is also a show with a lot of fast-flying barbs and references and such, but the show is all about a VERY good cast working at the top of their game.  You also learn to genuinely care about the outcomes of certain storylines (so much so that it was a bit of a surprise they intentionally did an entire non-canonical season last time out, though it was mostly pretty damned good) and characters.

It also gets CRAZY bloody at times, but I have a feeling that probably wouldn't bother you.  I'll also say, don't try to cherry pick best episodes and watch from the beginning.  Not only because it is that good, but because over the years it basically develops it's own language based on catchphrases.  Usually, I'm a guy turned off by excess of catchphrases, but it happens so organically over the course of the series that it was basically the logical next step.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8hlOZTXUF6s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8hlOZTXUF6s</a>

Also, despite starting with some relatively limited animation, the show is REALLY good with action.  Like, it often is an action comedy and the action is fast, fierce and visceral.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/csrw05UbUvQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/csrw05UbUvQ</a>

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3007
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »
Totally worth checking out. If you ever got around to trying out Sealab 2021, it's made by some of the same creative team.
Ok cool I've added them to my Netfliz queue 8)
Thanks Pak & Johnny

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6532
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »
If you ever got around to trying out Sealab 2021, it's made by some of the same creative team.

dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2318
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
I'll also say, don't try to cherry pick best episodes and watch from the beginning.  Not only because it is that good, but because over the years it basically develops it's own language based on catchphrases.  Usually, I'm a guy turned off by excess of catchphrases, but it happens so organically over the course of the series that it was basically the logical next step.

This. I'd compare the use of catchphrases and running jokes to Arrested Development as far as building them up and using them at perfect times.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2277
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »
I love how it's all been condensed into a shorthand to where they don't even need to complete the catch phrase. They can just vaguely suggest it, or start and not finish it.