Author Topic: I CALL SHENENIGANS ON THE ACADEMY!  (Read 6094 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: I CALL SHENENIGANS ON THE ACADEMY!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »
you know man would u at least once try backing your statements up at least once.  It would be a nice change from blatantly stated everyone elses opinion is wrong.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »
Cuaron is a decent director, but I still think Marty did a better job this year. Departed was a very good film, and only a totally awesome director can make Dicaprio look that good ;)

Cuaron and Greengrass are very skilled as well, but I just feel that my own preference puts Marty above them, especially this year.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Andrew1911

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 04:26:35 PM »
you know man would u at least once try backing your statements up at least once.  It would be a nice change from blatantly stated everyone elses opinion is wrong.

Hypocritical coming from the same person who just said he loved the Departed yet gave no reasons why he loved it oh so much.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »
excuse me?

I said marty was deserving because the departed was great. 

Yes i didnt back up the movie that wasnt the point of the topic.  I can back it up but you have never that i have seen ever backed up a opinion.  I apologize for being so blunt but its been buggin me recently.

Look the reson i liked The departed was the because the plot was well thought out.  The acting really fleshed out the charectars and set up a very intriging ( spelling?) conflict.  It was able to show both sides of said conflict without feeling rushed.  The acting from was great, i really felt the pain of di caprio as he tried so hard to infiltrate the mob while trying not to lose his soul and moral compass. 

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
 Come on guys. Can't we all get along? I've enjoyed reading this thread so far. I don't want to see it turn into a thread of anger. The only best picture nominee I've seen so far is The Departed. I made a special point to see it because I'm a huge Jack Nicholson fan and I wanted to see him in a Scorcese movie. Since I haven't seen the other films I can't really comment on who is deserving. Anyone sad that Borat got left out in the rain? I'm not that sad, but I'd like to hear y'all's opinions.
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

• Compsognathus
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
yeah sorry man,

But comedy always seems to get the cold shoulder in my opinion

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
yeah sorry man,

I agree. I sometimes wonder why that is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:08:21 PM by Groucho2006 »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3155
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 05:06:57 PM »
Because it's easier to seem deep and artistic when you're depressing. Ask any Goth. :^)

Offline Andrew1911

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
excuse me?

I said marty was deserving because the departed was great. 

Yes i didnt back up the movie that wasnt the point of the topic.  I can back it up but you have never that i have seen ever backed up a opinion.  I apologize for being so blunt but its been buggin me recently.

Look the reson i liked The departed was the because the plot was well thought out.  The acting really fleshed out the charectars and set up a very intriging ( spelling?) conflict.  It was able to show both sides of said conflict without feeling rushed.  The acting from was great, i really felt the pain of di caprio as he tried so hard to infiltrate the mob while trying not to lose his soul and moral compass. 

Yes... FROM WHAT YOU'VE SEEN. Thank you very much. End of story.

Offline Andrew1911

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »
yeah sorry man,

They always have. This year, they give it to a comedy that doesn't deserve it, though. God, the Academy confuses me so much...

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
yeah sorry man,

They always have. This year, they give it to a comedy that doesn't deserve it, though. God, the Academy confuses me so much...

I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine. The reviews were mixed and alot of the people I know said it was ok. So I was a little surprised to see it get nominated.
Because it's easier to seem deep and artistic when you're depressing. Ask any Goth. :^)

LOL. Yeah alot of people think that it's alot harder to do drama than it is to do comedy. I never understood that.

Offline Andrew1911

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 05:18:42 PM »
yeah sorry man,

I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine. The reviews were mixed and alot of the people I know said it was ok. So I was a little surprised to see it get nominated.

LOL. Yeah alot of people think that it's alot harder to do drama than it is to do comedy. I never understood that.

It got some good reviews. How it got nominated in so many awards, I don't know. How Babel got nominated, as well confuses me.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3155
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 05:27:19 PM »

Exactly! It's easy to elicit feelings of tragedy. Kill the hero under unfair circumstances, or someone the hero loves, or make them suffer needlessly, show the negative impact of an act of random violence. The list goes on. Nobody's gonna watch a character get raped and think, "That wasn't tragic." It's SOOO much harder to get a whole audience to agree, "That was funny!" Look at how many more failed comedies hit the big screen.

Has anyone considered the artistic merit of the Naked Gun movies? EVERY frame, EVERY set, lovingly crafted and filled with so many visual gags that are so obscure, you'll never catch 'em all. And it's coupled with jokes that elicit constant one-two punches. THAT is film-making.

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »
Did anyone notice BORAT getting nominated for Best Screenplay Based on Previously Produced Material?

If the Oscars weren't almost 80 years old, I'd say they were having a mid-life crisis.
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
Yes... FROM WHAT YOU'VE SEEN. Thank you very much. End of story.

Dude im one of the losers whose always here and reads every post and monpolizes the board.  So when i say from what i have seen its a pretty big chunk of everything lol.  You still didnt back up your opinion by the way, you just said end of story in a hope to differ from giving an opinion lol :)

Did anyone notice BORAT getting nominated for Best Screenplay Based on Previously Produced Material?

uh wasnt most the movie unscripted?  Just askin. 

Has anyone considered the artistic merit of the Naked Gun movies?

Thats a good question and a good series of movies too, ive always felt neilson never got the respect as a comedian he really deserved, hell I cant watch OJ (the murdering bastard) spike the baby without dying of laughter everytime.