Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 291683 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5585
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1755 on: March 25, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
- Any of the Anaconda movies (yep, I'm a snake nut)

The first one has an iRiff
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/anaconda

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #1756 on: March 25, 2012, 10:47:37 PM »

2. Snakes on a Plane -- How has this not happened yet?  My only theory is that they're considering it a comedy (cause really, c'mon... were they serious...?  Really?) which would fall outside the realm of riffable movies. 

Then  Spiderman 3 would have had to never gotten riffed.  It's possible for a 'thriller' to have comedic moments.  The film was ridiculous, but not marketed as a comedy.

And it's really the movie I'd want to see riffed if I had a choice of just one.  Come on, guys! Watch out for ridiculous cgi snakes with patterns that don't occur in nature and 'venomous' mountain king snakes.  Did the director not even bother to have a single herpetologist consultant when he made this?
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1757 on: March 26, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »

2. Snakes on a Plane -- How has this not happened yet?  My only theory is that they're considering it a comedy (cause really, c'mon... were they serious...?  Really?) which would fall outside the realm of riffable movies. 

Then  Spiderman 3 would have had to never gotten riffed.  It's possible for a 'thriller' to have comedic moments.  The film was ridiculous, but not marketed as a comedy.

And it's really the movie I'd want to see riffed if I had a choice of just one.  Come on, guys! Watch out for ridiculous cgi snakes with patterns that don't occur in nature and 'venomous' mountain king snakes.  Did the director not even bother to have a single herpetologist consultant when he made this?
I doubt he even had an aviation consultant.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have a filmmaking or plot consultant either.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #1758 on: March 26, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
Did my list get deleted? :o
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Discobear67

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #1759 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »
1- Dracula vs Frankenstein (1971)
2- Krull (1983)
3- Flash Gordon (1980)
4- Without Warning (1980)
5- Night of the Comet (1984)
6- Snowbeast (1977)
7- House of Dark Shadows (1970)
8- Dawn of the Mummy (1981)
9- Food of the Gods (1976)
10- The Land that Time Forgot (1975)

I have a ton more....LOL!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1760 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:50 AM »

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 7
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #1761 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
In no particular order, I just think these could be awesome, and a bit of a challenge but I know they could make it happen.

1. Altered States - John C. Lilly, Ketamine & his float tank, muahahaaa
2. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (riffing on any early silent film for that matter - Nosferatu would be a great choice aswell)
3. Head - The Psychedelic Monkees Movie
4. Eraserhead ( I DARE YOU RIFFTRAX! or any Lynch Film for that matter, just please god not Fire Walk With Me hahaha)
5. Freaks (Tod Browning - yeah, I know - this one might be touchy with the pc people, but common its a classic!)
6. The Trip - Peter Fonda, Max Hopper -1967 oh yes, there will be drugs.
7. Planet of The Apes - 1968
8. The Mask of Fu Manchu - with Boris Karloff
9. The Dark Crystal - by Jim Hensen and Frank Oz - 1986 (the HORROR that is THE SKEKSIS!)
10. The Never Ending Story II: The Next Chapter - where every actor is delightfully too old for their orginal roles, resulting in an absolute fantastical failure haha.

I dunno if they will ever do episodes of television shows (they've done some pilots who knows) but riffing on Lost In Space would be awesome, episodic in nature. Oh man haha - Especially that RIDICULOUS episode when the flamboyant complaining grandpa gets turned into a vegetable by a carrot mad scientist?! (which begs the question, can a vegetable be a scientist? hah)

I'd also like to see them do some weird/out there art films - like polanski's Repulsion (with roman as the director, I'm sure jokes would be aplenty haah), El Topo/Holy Mountain or L’Âge d’or.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:54:03 PM by AMKR »
Source Auras - AMKR & Josh Grooves.

Soundcloud.com/aeonsold (now broken up, working on new project Source Auras currently - all old material)

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #1762 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45:21 PM »
In no particular order, I just think these could be awesome, and a bit of a challenge but I know they could make it happen.

1. Altered States - John C. Lilly, Ketamine & his float tank, muahahaaa
2. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (riffing on any early silent film for that matter - Nosferatu would be a great choice aswell)
3. Head - The Psychedelic Monkees Movie
4. Eraserhead ( I DARE YOU RIFFTRAX! or any Lynch Film for that matter, just please god not Fire Walk With Me hahaha)
5. Freaks (Tod Browning - yeah, I know - this one might be touchy with the pc people, but common its a classic!)
6. The Trip - Peter Fonda, Max Hopper -1967 oh yes, there will be drugs.
7. Planet of The Apes - 1968
8. The Mask of Fu Manchu - with Boris Karloff
9. The Dark Crystal - by Jim Hensen and Frank Oz - 1986 (the HORROR that is THE SKEKSIS!)
10. The Never Ending Story II: The Next Chapter - where every actor is delightfully too old for their orginal roles, resulting in an absolute fantastical failure haha.

I dunno if they will ever do episodes of television shows (they've done some pilots who knows) but riffing on Lost In Space would be awesome, episodic in nature. Oh man haha - Especially that RIDICULOUS episode when the flamboyant complaining grandpa gets turned into a vegetable by a carrot mad scientist?!

I'd also like to see them do some weird/out there art films - like polanski's Repulsion (with roman as the director, I'm sure jokes would be aplenty haah), El Topo/Holy Mountain or L’Âge d’or.

Oh yeah, and every single live-action anime flick that's ever been made in America (and sometimes, anywhere haha) - lets see Speed Racer, those strange Chinese/Korean unauthorized Dragon Ball flicks - The Magic Begins and " Dragon Ball: Fight Son Goku, Win Son Goku",

Any Tokusatsu picture is welcome - Ultraman esp haha, I'd love to see some Super Sentai series/movie ripped to shreds (for the uninformed, the plethora of super hero-team "suit/goggle" series that provides the stock footage for all of the Power Rangers series since the beginning of time haha) and I'm pretty sure alot of the older ones aren't licenced or even dubbed in english yet, so it could be fertile grounds to pick haha.

Roller Ball from 1975 would be a riot!

Soundcloud.com/aeonsold (now broken up, working on new project Source Auras currently - all old material)

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #1763 on: May 30, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
Did my list get deleted? :o
HAH! Demonic Toys - I had all but forgot about that one, thats just asking for it. Most Troma releases are for that matter.

Even better, riff on the campier (but the toys are markedly less cool) - Doll Man Vs. Demonic Toys from '93. Full Moon Entertainment features all somehow had a mystique to them. Puppet Master series is great too. LOL - How about Bad Channels with Blue Oyster Cult, a Bunch of Hair Bands you've never heard of and the cowman/nun/all around strangely dressed Sykotik Sinfoney

An awesome short would be the old old old black and white Cartoon from the Out of The Inkwell (I think?) series called "The Cobweb Hotel" - this was my childhood nightmare fuel.

Ah yes, the all the Fleisher cartoons are public domain -

The Cobweb Hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gT4M2UrDFUs (1936)

and The Skeleton Frolic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vXkQSiJG7fk (1937)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:50:44 PM by AMKR »

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #1764 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
Alright haha, LAST POST. I know I've posted a bunch, but it really got my brain workin haha.

What about some Grindhouse/Explotation flix - ala Love Camp 7, Llsa She Wolf of The SS, Cannibal Ferox/Holocaust,

and almost any Giallo or Spaghetti Western  film would work. I'd love to see them riff on Somethin by the directors Joe Dante, Dario Argento (Deep Red, Suspira, Inferno), Mario & Lamberto Bava or Lucio Fulci (Don't Torture A Duckling, The Beyond, A Lizard in Womens Skin, A Cat In The Brain)

The Plethora of Don't Open The.... Don't Go In The.... Don't Answer The.... Last House on The .... (excluding Left, as the ones I'm talking about are trying to cash in on carpenters success). Hell - Sleepaway Camp would be funny as hell too.

LOL - Escape from New York, while on the topic of John Carpenter.

NIGHT OF THE DEMONS from 1988 would be a great one. The old one, not the remake, with Angela. Witchboard is another campy one from the same writer.

Attack of the Killer Tomatos could be cool, if done right. Or The Blob (original or remake).

and I kinda wanna puke in my mouth thinking of this series again, but it would a great rifftrax, the "House" series - like 1 through 5 or whatever.

Offline AMKR

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Source Aura
    • Aeons Old - SoundCloud
« Reply #1765 on: May 31, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »
1- Dracula vs Frankenstein (1971)
2- Krull (1983)
3- Flash Gordon (1980)
4- Without Warning (1980)
5- Night of the Comet (1984)
6- Snowbeast (1977)
7- House of Dark Shadows (1970)
8- Dawn of the Mummy (1981)
9- Food of the Gods (1976)
10- The Land that Time Forgot (1975)

I have a ton more....LOL!

Anyone who digs Dark Shadows, is a friend of mine good sir.

I hope Burton and Johnny don't take too much influence from the awful 90s reboot, its all about Jonathin Frid *edit* shit man, I had a bad feeling - RIP as of April 2012 - I knew it was coming sooner or later, even Barnabas can't live forever. I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that it'll be an awesome movie.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:41:07 AM by AMKR »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1766 on: May 31, 2012, 05:24:48 AM »
Hell - Sleepaway Camp would be funny as hell too.

Sleepaway Camp was riffed by Hor-Riff-ic Productions. It made it to #45c on the Top 50 iRiffs LoC

Hor-Riff-ic Productions - Sleepaway Camp   -   BUY

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 201
  • He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
    • The Martian's web site
« Reply #1767 on: June 05, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »
What about Billy the Kid VS. Frankenstein?

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 201
  • He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
    • The Martian's web site
« Reply #1768 on: June 05, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »
What about Billy the Kid VS. Frankenstein?

or Blackula?

Offline saneman1

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1769 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
10. Cheech and Chong's: Nice Dreams
9. Boogey Man 2
8. Burn After Reading
7. Bangkok Dangerous (American Release not Thai)
6. Caveman
5. Swamp Thing
4. Enter The Dragon
3. Bucktown
2. Dead Heat
1. The Patriot