login

Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 300319 times)

Watchman

Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1740 on: January 22, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »
-- Shoot 'em Up (That baby would be dead)
A.) They don't riff comedies. http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=17646.0

Oh, see, I know I laughed my ass off at that movie, but seeing as it wasn't necessarily proposed as such that it could still be a possibility.

Edit: my noob-id-ness is now apparent, I ought to read things more often.

Hah, well there's no rule against suggesting them. I've debated that certain truly horrible comedies have riffing potential (and in such debates, the "Catalina Caper" episode of MST3K may get bandied about). But they've stuck to the anti-comedy stance developed since before I got here, so it was only fair to let you know so as to avoid any false hopes. :)

The only rifftrax suggestions that would actually piss off anyone would be movies like Schindler's List & Hotel Rwanda. So don't suggest any historical genocide films & you should be fine.   8)

Offline themiki

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1741 on: January 23, 2012, 04:09:46 AM »
I'm officially being too lazy to read this entire thread and see what everyone else is posting, but my choices would be:

1. Sucker Punch -- I would sell a kidney to get a Riff of this film because it's so unbelievably pretty.  I found myself in the theatre about halfway through wishing I'd brought my iPod so that I could listen to something interesting while watching the visual orgasm on the screen.  Rifftrax would really solve this problem.

2. Snakes on a Plane -- How has this not happened yet?  My only theory is that they're considering it a comedy (cause really, c'mon... were they serious...?  Really?) which would fall outside the realm of riffable movies. 

3. Charlie's Angels 2 -- I had to take my little sister to see this in the theatre and when Demi Moore spread her flowy sleeves and used them to fly, I stood up and shouted, "No!" at the movie.  The rest of it is laughably awful too though.

4. Wolverine: Origins -- True story, I had a pretty nasty injury and was trapped on my couch with a LOT of narcotic painkillers in my system.  I had spent a good portion of the day being entertained by the popcorn effect on the ceiling, and this movie still made me want to kill myself.  This movie has less entertainment value than textured ceilings.

5. Chronicle -- I know it's not out yet, I know I haven't seen it yet, but I know it will be so very prime for the riffing

6. Skyline -- I almost feel like it would be too mean to make anyone watch this garbage, but maybe something interesting happened and I missed it because I probably only paid attention to fifteen minutes of the dreck.

7. Elektra -- Once again, how has this not happened already????  The Daredevil Riff is one of my top five, and Elektra was so much stupider than Daredevil.

8. Push -- If your goal was to make us all hate X-Men 3 a little less by comparison, then congratulations.  You also made me hate Dakota Fanning (who I never much liked anyway) and Asian fish markets.  And being alive.

9. Gothika or Catwoman -- Just make fun of Halle Barry and I'll be happy

10. The Book of Eli -- Has anyone actually watched this?  It's like a live-action Junior High stage production, right down to the stilted dialogue and phoned in acting.  This movie has no redeeming qualities, and that's coming from a chick who would stare at Mila Kunis doing pretty much anything but this movie and be stoked.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »
Just a reminder to folks.

The forum is currently running a "Top 50 films we'd like Rifftrax to tackle in 2012" list. If you'd like to participate, please send a numbered list of 25 film tiles to me. Full details maybe found here: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23269.0

Watchman

« Reply #1744 on: January 23, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
Just a reminder to folks.

The forum is currently running a "Top 50 films we'd like Rifftrax to tackle in 2012" list. If you'd like to participate, please send a numbered list of 25 film tiles to me. Full details maybe found here: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23269.0

Yes, participate.

And to any newbies reading this: These list threads are good, fun ways to interact & get to know some forum members (and our tics, oh boy do we have our tics). It's not some activity reserved for those who have reached 1000 posts. Disembaudio's Squadio are highly welcome to trot on over to Compound's thread. We welcome new blood (not the Twilight movie).

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1745 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
I'd kill to see riffs of Deathstalker 1 & 2. Especially 2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIcP4yntlV0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sIcP4yntlV0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #1746 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »

I was thinking of DEATHSTALKER 2, but 2 is kind of a self parody, so I didn't think it would be Rifftrax material. :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:07:01 PM by Toyland Chairman »
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1747 on: January 24, 2012, 05:11:54 PM »

I was thinking of DEATHSTALKER 2, but 2 is kind of a self parody, so I didn't think it would be Rifftrax material. :-\

Yeah, I guess it doesn't take itself very seriously. Man, is it ever bad though.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Watchman

« Reply #1748 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:28 AM »
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (chances are though if they did riff it, they'd riff the cut American version, and my DVD is the uncut Canadian version released by Lions Gate. It has additional footage, etc.)

Ooh. Does it have any bonus features? I'm always on the lookout for Canadian DVD releases that have supplements not featured on the American DVDs. (The biggest Canadian improvement I'm aware of remains Existenz. Miramax released it bare-bones here, but the Alliance Atlantis version has 3 commentary tracks & other stuff. The Canadian DVD for Splice also has 3x the supplements as the Warner DVD.)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #1749 on: January 25, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (chances are though if they did riff it, they'd riff the cut American version, and my DVD is the uncut Canadian version released by Lions Gate. It has additional footage, etc.)

Ooh. Does it have any bonus features? I'm always on the lookout for Canadian DVD releases that have supplements not featured on the American DVDs.

The extended Lions Gate DVD of TCM 4 is bare-bones, unless you include Biographies as Special Features.

There's info and pictures for the extended version at http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1634, including the opening scene with Jenny's step-father, deleted from the American version for some reason.

And if you're looking for Canadian DVDs different from American, as far as I know the BLACK CHRISTMAS remake is cut, but comes with a bonus disc of featurettes. If you like that movie of course. I was just thinking of it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:52:40 AM by Toyland Chairman »
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline zaphod80

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1750 on: February 05, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
Thought this movie almost riffs itself:

When Michael Calls (TV 1972)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syjy43EJRXk&feature=player_detailpage

Offline salli_bonnets

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1751 on: February 10, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
The 1963 version of The Haunting (love that movie, but I would love it even more Riffed!), Alfred Hitchcock's well, anything! and please, please, please Riff the Woman in Black when it comes out. It is sooooooo Riffable!!

Offline bluebird86

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1752 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
now i am not sure if the creators of the rifftrax will get to hear what i want riffed but i will still give it a shot. over the st. paddy's holiday i saw the movie Darby O'Gill and the Little People  and i could not stop myself from riffing that movie and i know i am not even as close as funny as mike, bill and kevin, but the things i was saying was really funny so here are my top picks
1-Darby O'Gill and the Little People
2-i saw a leprechaun (Darby O'Gill and the Little People documentary with walt disney finding real leprechaun)
3-any pokemon movies (i find there is a lack of animated films that gets riffed and i think that there should be more and a good start is pokemon)
4-frequency (if it has denise quad in the movie then riff it)
5-congo (rise of the planets of the apes was done very well and so lets take several years back and give Congo a chance for those poop jokes)
6-hitchiker's guide to the galaxy (i hate that movie more than life itself which is why i think it is a perfect candidate to be riffed)
7-pearl harbor (let's see we have kamikaze pilots+best friend dies then takes his women=a very funny riff)
8-contact (you can never dish out too many psychopathic cult jokes)
9-field of dreams (like i always say if there is denis quiad then riff it)
10-the others (there are just asking us to riff them.)

anyways those are my top ten that i hope gets to be riffed by mike, kevin and bill. i hope others who read this post will also agree to my picks.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1753 on: March 22, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #1754 on: March 25, 2012, 04:22:10 AM »
Some of these are genuinely good movies, some are crap, and some float somewhere between - I am staying mum on my opinion which are which  ;)

- Revolutionary Road
- We Bought a Zoo
- Snakes on a Plane
- Cowboys and Aliens

- Any of the Anaconda movies (yep, I'm a snake nut)
- 2012 (the damn apocalypse flick, or any knockoff thereof)
- The Butterfly Effect
- Elevator
- Wall Street II - Money Never Sleeps

- Since I can't think of a tenth film, I'll say ANYTHING that's not a superhero movie.  Eeeegads, but I am soooo burnt on superheroes even making fun of them is getting old.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot