Author Topic: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed  (Read 302490 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: List the top 10 films you'd want riffed
« Reply #1710 on: December 10, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »
9. The Shadow
One Wall Cinema is going to be doing a riff of that movie.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=22645.0

Offline Manderie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1711 on: December 10, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
Nice!

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #1712 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
7. The Bad Seed. Classic 1956 horror movie about a psycho little girl.

Have never seen this, but pretty sure it's where I lifted this avatar back when somebody else suggested it.

Offline Manderie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1713 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:12 PM »
7. The Bad Seed. Classic 1956 horror movie about a psycho little girl.

Have never seen this, but pretty sure it's where I lifted this avatar back when somebody else suggested it.

Hmm, it does kinda look like her.

http://youtu.be/-bFWw704guk

Gives you an idea of how riffable this movie could be.

Watchman

« Reply #1714 on: December 11, 2011, 01:46:58 AM »
9. The Shadow
One Wall Cinema is going to be doing a riff of that movie.

All in all
You're just another riff in One Wall

Offline John Bradley

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #1715 on: December 13, 2011, 01:09:01 AM »
Probably already mentioned (haven't read all 120 pages of this thread), but: Firewalker - crappy Indiana Jones ripoff with Chuck Norris and Lou Gosset.

I'm pretty sure it's the worst film I've ever paid to see in a theater.

Also Blade Runner (love the film, but much of the dialog is slow and pause-filled, just begs to have some jokes inserted in the gaps).

And Buckaroo Banzai, but I suspect that might be considered a comedy.

shodan

« Reply #1716 on: December 15, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
wherever my list is add Taken and johnny mnemonic
and total recall.

Offline dalek40

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1717 on: December 18, 2011, 12:02:55 AM »
K, here we go...  (I'm living the MSTie dream here....)

10.  Any of the 'Critters' films

9.  Flash Gordon (The Queen one from 1980)

8.  Caveman

7.  Tron:Legacy (Even though I'm a Tron fan, I loved the Riff of Tron you guys did.  Love to see how you handle this one...)

6.  The 1996 failed reboot of 'Doctor Who'.  (TV movie that was on both BBC and Fox.  It really blew goat.)

5.  KISS meets the Phantom of the Park.  'Nuff Said.

4.  The Black Hole

3.  1998 Godzilla (Deeeeeeep Hurrrrrting!)

2.  Xanadu  (a film so bad, not even ELO could save it.)

and, without further adieu, here it is...  A film so toxic, so foul and nauseous that even the people responsible for it still deny it's existence to this day, and it purportedly remains a 'cursed' film in Hollywood legend....

1.  (Deep breaths, everyone...)  Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  It had it all:  Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees, Steve Martin (at his funniest, when he was still a coked-up muppet), George Burns(?), Earth Wind and Fire, Billy Preston, and in their film debut, Aerosmith!  As it so happened, everyone involved in the film suffered sudden and catastrophic career failures after this stinkburger's release.  All but Aerosmith, who oddly enough look the same now as they did in the movie. (Can we say "Satanic Pact"?)

I always wanted to see Dr. F and TV's Frank get their comeuppance, so here's another suggestion...  If they'd be up for it, see if Trace and Frank would be innerested in a sort of MST reunion, only this time it's Mike and Kevin putting the deep hurting down on the Mads.

So guys...  Whaddaya think?

Oh yeah, and a hearty "ROWSDOWER!!" to Mike, Bill, and Kevin!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:07:26 AM by dalek40 »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1718 on: December 18, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »
3.  1998 Godzilla (Deeeeeeep Hurrrrrting!)
Quiiptracks did a GREAT riff of that.
http://quiptracks.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4

Critters might work, but they're a bit self-aware as comedies.  Still, it worked for Hobgoblins, another Gremlins ripoff.
Not to mention it worked great for Gremlins.
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/hor-riff-ic-productions/hor-riff-ic-gremlins

Watchman

« Reply #1719 on: December 19, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
K, here we go...  (I'm living the MSTie dream here....)

10.  Any of the 'Critters' films

9.  Flash Gordon (The Queen one from 1980)

8.  Caveman

7.  Tron:Legacy (Even though I'm a Tron fan, I loved the Riff of Tron you guys did.  Love to see how you handle this one...)

6.  The 1996 failed reboot of 'Doctor Who'.  (TV movie that was on both BBC and Fox.  It really blew goat.)

5.  KISS meets the Phantom of the Park.  'Nuff Said.

4.  The Black Hole

3.  1998 Godzilla (Deeeeeeep Hurrrrrting!)

2.  Xanadu  (a film so bad, not even ELO could save it.)

and, without further adieu, here it is...  A film so toxic, so foul and nauseous that even the people responsible for it still deny it's existence to this day, and it purportedly remains a 'cursed' film in Hollywood legend....

1.  (Deep breaths, everyone...)  Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.  It had it all:  Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees, Steve Martin (at his funniest, when he was still a coked-up muppet), George Burns(?), Earth Wind and Fire, Billy Preston, and in their film debut, Aerosmith!  As it so happened, everyone involved in the film suffered sudden and catastrophic career failures after this stinkburger's release.  All but Aerosmith, who oddly enough look the same now as they did in the movie. (Can we say "Satanic Pact"?)

I always wanted to see Dr. F and TV's Frank get their comeuppance, so here's another suggestion...  If they'd be up for it, see if Trace and Frank would be innerested in a sort of MST reunion, only this time it's Mike and Kevin putting the deep hurting down on the Mads.

So guys...  Whaddaya think?
You've definitely done your research on movie flops & fiascos! I wonder if you read "My Year of Flops" at AV Club.

I've a soft spot for The Black Hole, though. Edgar Wright does a great commentary on Trailers From Hell:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrG8i7jinzs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hrG8i7jinzs</a>

Russell

« Reply #1720 on: December 22, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
Joe Dante is a jackass. He made "Small Soldiers" for Christ's sakes. I personally think Old Bob and Vincent are very endearing and charming characters.

Offline Wiccan3

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1721 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
10.  Kiss meets the Phantom in the Park. It has Kiss, Anthony Zerbe for (pardon the pun) Pete's sake AND during one of the scene's you can easily Ace was replaced by an African American for some reason! There is the added blessing that Gene Simmons doesn't actually talk in this movie.

09.  The pilot episode of Space 1999, I know it will be hard to sit through seeing Martin Landeau and a Dr Zorba wanna be in polyester bell bottoms!

08.  Another Gerry & Sylvia Anderson TV show, the pilot for UFO. UFO was a British series about Shado, a secret organization to detect and thwart aliens on earth. Women looked normal until they put their uniforms on, then they had heavily glittered eye shadow and PURPLE wigs with widow peak bangs so sharp you could cut yourself on them!

07. The Ruling Class Peter O'Toole thinks he is God. When asked why he thinks so he replies, "Simple. When I pray to Him, I find I am talking to myself." I laughed my butt off on this one.

06. Iron Man 2 Mickey Rourke, Sam Jackson and Robert Downey Jr. There's a trio I never thought to see together.

05. Sherlock Holmes - another Downey flick where he doesn't even try to sound British, unlike Jude Law who seems to want to make a point of sounding British when he actually is, plus it has SInestro from the Green Lantern in it.

04. Evil

03. Army of Darkness - Hail to the King, baby!

02. Time Bandits, midgets and Sean Connery

And last but not least...

01. This is Spinal Tap, "He died in a tragic gardening accident... Authorities said... it's best to leave it... unsolved."

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1722 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

thats like amateur riffing? maybe ill look into it.

Well, if riffing for five years still qualifies as amateur in your book. Although, Godzilla was one of our earliest.

spaceforarent

« Reply #1723 on: January 12, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »

thats like amateur riffing? maybe ill look into it.

Well, if riffing for five years still qualifies as amateur in your book. Although, Godzilla was one of our earliest.
Is there really such a thing as "professional" and "amateur" riffing? Because wouldn't that basically make Rifftrax and CT the only true "professionals"? How can anyone else ever become one? What happens once they all retire?

If a line really needs to be drawn I would say anyone that has actually written and recorded a riff to be professional, and that idiot saying his jokes in a theater is an amateur. And a douche.

Russell

« Reply #1724 on: January 12, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
I can't think of 10, but I know that the number 1 on the list is Highlander 2. Did the writers of the original Highlander movie know that The Quickening is also the feeling a pregnant woman gets when the fetus is showing signs of life?