Author Topic: Harry Potter (IV-ect...)  (Read 2056 times)

Offline cuzsis

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • The Vault of Sci-Fi Humor
Harry Potter (IV-ect...)
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:41:27 PM »
The Harry Potter rifftrax have been some of my favorites!  :highfive:

I think the fact that the HP movies attempt to be serious, but don't always manage to pull it off adds to the riffing ability. (Similar to the B movies of old.)

That and the "Wizarding World" which is similar, but different from ours, tends to add some opportunities as well.

And of course the characters from HP are diverse enough, that it makes them fun to do voice overs for various "out of character" jokes.

I really would love to see the guys take on Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix ect...  :cheers:
Cheers!
 -Cuz

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
Re: Harry Potter (IV-ect...)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:14:52 AM »
The Harry Potter rifftrax have been some of my favorites!  :highfive:

I think the fact that the HP movies attempt to be serious, but don't always manage to pull it off adds to the riffing ability. (Similar to the B movies of old.)

That and the "Wizarding World" which is similar, but different from ours, tends to add some opportunities as well.

And of course the characters from HP are diverse enough, that it makes them fun to do voice overs for various "out of character" jokes.

I really would love to see the guys take on Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix ect...  :cheers:

The Harry Potter riffs are big sellers, but I think the reason they haven't done Goblet of Fire yet is because there's just so much material they've already covered in the first three movies. I remember Kevin saying in an interview that it was getting really difficult to make fresh jokes about Hagrid. Best to go after other films for a while and come back to it when it's fresh again. In the meantime, there are a couple guys on here working on an iRiff for Goblet of Fire. I'm sure people will be interested to see what they come up with.

Offline cuzsis

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »
 Yes, that is going to be a challenge for them, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do them later! :)

Be interesting to see what the iRiff community comes up with! :) I'd like to do V or VI myself, but I'm not sure we'll have the time.

Is there a section we can go to, to get advise for doing a iRiff in sections and pasting it together? That would give us more opportunities to do them, since finding large chunks of free time is nearly impossible with kids.  ::)
Cheers!
 -Cuz

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »
Yes, that is going to be a challenge for them, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do them later! :)

Be interesting to see what the iRiff community comes up with! :) I'd like to do V or VI myself, but I'm not sure we'll have the time.

Is there a section we can go to, to get advise for doing a iRiff in sections and pasting it together? That would give us more opportunities to do them, since finding large chunks of free time is nearly impossible with kids.  ::)

You could probably find out more in the iRiff section here: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/board,134.0.html

Nathan Rork and Matt Aslackson from Riff Roll Productions are the guys working on the Goblet of Fire iRiff.

Are you aware that Riff Raff Theater released a riff for the first Harry Potter film a while back? They plan to redo it at some point. http://www.riffrafftheater.com/?s=Harry+Potter

Offline cuzsis

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
 Thanks! I'll have to look into that!  ;D
Cheers!
 -Cuz

Offline quistisffviii

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:24 AM »
I hope they don't get away from it for too long.  I've been waiting nearly a year for HPATGOF to be riffed.  Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite riff (also my favorite Harry Potter movie as well).  Love Harry Potter, but love it riffed as well!

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »
Yeah, we would've had another recording session last week, but I came down with a cold. And THAT was a couple weeks after Matt getting over one. >.< The congestion and headache are gone, but my throat is still sore as hell. More like it seems to be unable to maintain moisture, it just dries out really badly really quickly.

I was picking up a few things at the store, I couldn't have been in there more than an hour, and it felt like I'd been in the desert for days or something. My friend suggested it was because the air was getting so dry now that winter is coming, but I've never had this problem in the winter before.

This is actually a re-record. The first copies really didn't work. The volume wasn't great, it would get easily drowned out by the load stuff in the second half of the movie (I really hate how movies today fluctuate so much between barely audible and ear-piercingly loud), and the timing was off a lot of jokes. I could've just forced it to fit and shrugged it off by just thinking "Well, it's our first one." But I didn't want to.

BUT, I was able to peruse through the script with a fresh eye and rewrite some jokes, and cut some others that I thought either fell flat or just couldn't be fit in there. Writing and performing is fun, but that post-production stuff kills me. Our friend Dan probably could've helped with that, but the bastard moved to L.A ;_;. He probably would've been really good at riffing too, but for some reason he hates to perform anything he wrote himself. Maybe he was traumatized by an Ed Wood movie when he was a small boy or something.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »
I hope they don't get away from it for too long.  I've been waiting nearly a year for HPATGOF to be riffed.  Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite riff (also my favorite Harry Potter movie as well).  Love Harry Potter, but love it riffed as well!

I'm really looking forward to it as well but I'd rather wait for it to be A+ then them rushing out a C+ effort because once it's out, it's out forever.  Plus maybe one of the grown up child actors will have a major scandal they can hammer hard.  Heh.  For instance, if Tiger Woods did movies, it'd be a lot more fun to riff him now than it would have been two weeks ago.
"Did she just say Chipping?"