login

Author Topic: Netflix Streaming Now on PS3  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: Netflix Streaming Now on PS3
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
Yes, you pay more for if you want blu-ray discs, but the HD instant viewing isn't any extra money.

I'm still confused. Here is why I need to know: My roommate has the Netflix two DVD at a time plan, if I want to convince her to set up Netflix on my PS3 what will it cost her. Probably extra considering the PS3 disc is BR, also, does the PS3 disc count as a rental or do you buy it?

It costs nothing. The disc does NOT count as a rental on the account.  When your roommate is logged into her netflix account, tell her to go to http://www.netflix.com/ps3 to request the FREE Netflix streaming disc.

You have to put the disc into your PS3, follow the onscreen instructions to link your PS3 to her account, and you're all set.  It costs nothing.

Cool, thanks :) I'm gonna consider my roommate plan B... she gets paranoid about password / personal info., another friend of mine will prob hook me up with a PS3 disc with a lot less hassle.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
Yes, you pay more for if you want blu-ray discs, but the HD instant viewing isn't any extra money.

I'm still confused. Here is why I need to know: My roommate has the Netflix two DVD at a time plan, if I want to convince her to set up Netflix on my PS3 what will it cost her. Probably extra considering the PS3 disc is BR, also, does the PS3 disc count as a rental or do you buy it?

It costs nothing. The disc does NOT count as a rental on the account.  When your roommate is logged into her netflix account, tell her to go to http://www.netflix.com/ps3 to request the FREE Netflix streaming disc.

You have to put the disc into your PS3, follow the onscreen instructions to link your PS3 to her account, and you're all set.  It costs nothing.

Cool, thanks :) I'm gonna consider my roommate plan B... she gets paranoid about password / personal info., another friend of mine will prob hook me up with a PS3 disc with a lot less hassle.

Well, they DO ask for your social security number, home alarm system and checking account pin, but that is all really.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

Do you still have to have access to the actual Netflix account to choose which movies or can you do it right from the disc? When it launched on the X-box you still had to log in to Netflix to pick what movies you wanted to watch.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 06:54:19 AM »
It lets you browse by genre & it has a "newly released" category, but it's not comprehensive.  If you want something really specific, there's no search option or anything.  So yeah, it's best to have the account on a computer nearby, or at least get the login info so you can do it in the internet browser on the PS3.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
For someone who can't run the instant videos on his old and frail computer, this feature is a godsend! It's also really helpful in my Television Challange, as I'm blasting through season one of 30 Rock right now and not having to wait for disks.

I love my PS3.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »

Do you still have to have access to the actual Netflix account to choose which movies or can you do it right from the disc? When it launched on the X-box you still had to log in to Netflix to pick what movies you wanted to watch.

Haven't really messed around with it too much, but the only thing I remember having to do account-wise was put the disc in the PS3 and get the validation code, then punch that in on the Netflix site on my PC.  After that it was good to go.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
Reserve the Netflix disc for the Wii:

http://www.netflix.com/InstantStreamingDisc?device=Wii

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
Reserve the Netflix disc for the Wii:

http://www.netflix.com/InstantStreamingDisc?device=Wii

man i was thinking of getting the wii and a wifi bluray player so i could stream netflix, but instead i got a ps3 and now wii does this? like someone said, eventually, people's toasters will have netflix capabilities :P

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 10:45:02 PM »
In the words of Kevin Pereira, "Does it have the wifi? I'm no longer interested in any object that doesn't have the wifi."
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien