Author Topic: The World Series thread.  (Read 2791 times)

Doctor Who?

The World Series thread.
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »
Wow after seeing Phillie fall apart the last three games i am starting to get pumped again,middle of the 7th 6 to 2.  Go Philies!

What do you think of this World Series and who are you rooting for?

Doctor Who?

Re: The World Series thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:35:18 PM »
HOME RUN! ;D  GO PHILLIES!

7 TO 2!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:42:30 PM »
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ANOTHER HOME RUN!  AM i THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS!

This is a great game.  Just keep striking them out Lee.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
Well, since the Cards are not there, rooting for Philly, mostly because I like Ryan Howard and I HATE how ESPN falls over themselves telling us how "gutty" the Yankees are.

For 200 million, they better be.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »
Oh crud it looks like the Phillies are giving away their lead.  I think New York is going to win this one :speechless:

Doctor Who?

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »
YES!  WAY TO GO!

I can't wait for Wednesday.

Offline carlobee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 11:21:29 PM »
yeah. Go Phillies!!  :clap:

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:01 AM »

The way this season has been going for the Phillies it figures it would turn out this way.  It's been a roller-coaster all year.

My prediction:  Howard will get several more strikeouts to give him the record for a long time, but will also do something(s) that wins it all for us...

Hasn't been the same this year without Harry calling the games, can't stand any of the TV guys, Scott and Larry on the radio are pretty good.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »

The Phillies lost the series when Manuel named Blanton the Game 4 starter. Stupid.

Cole, your comments after Game 3 were far from innocuous...

http://www.faniq.com/article/Brett-Myers-and-Cole-Hamels-nearly-fight-after-Game-5--1860526?ref=fromTS

"I can't wait for it to end," Hamels said, referring to his wildly inconsistent 2009 season. "It's been mentally draining ... It's one of those things, a year in, you just can't wait for a fresh start."

Terrible, Cole.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 06:39:41 AM »
I think the reason that Lee did not pitch on three days rest is that he has never done that before in his career.    Now, that does not mean that it had to be Blanton (Haupt maybe), but it least explains what they were thinking with Lee.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »
Oh wow.  My Facebook news feed leaked onto the Rifftrax Roundtable.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2911
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »

The Phillies lost the series when Manuel named Blanton the Game 4 starter. Stupid.

Cole, your comments after Game 3 were far from innocuous...

http://www.faniq.com/article/Brett-Myers-and-Cole-Hamels-nearly-fight-after-Game-5--1860526?ref=fromTS

"I can't wait for it to end," Hamels said, referring to his wildly inconsistent 2009 season. "It's been mentally draining ... It's one of those things, a year in, you just can't wait for a fresh start."

Terrible, Cole.

He tried to take that back last night in the locker room interviews, didn't sound all that convincing...  His head has not been in the game all year.    Now there's a big question mark for game 7 (if Pedro has anything left in his arm for tomorrow that is...).

As for pitching Lee on 3 days rest, OK, so say we did that, and win game 4, who goes game 5?  Would still have to be Blanton or Happ, with probably the same results...  Seeing how Lee pitched last night it was the right call to give him the extra day.

Only thing I question with Charlie is putting the shift on when Lidge was pitching, everyone knows with Lidge on the mound getting to 2nd is automatic, been that way for 2 years, he got very lucky last year to get all those saves, this year his luck ran out and those guys on 2nd started scoring.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
Just dear god, Phillies HAVE to win.   I would root for the Hitler youth over the Yankees.

I could not stand a whole year of ESPN creaming themselves over the greatness of AROD and Yankees...... those scrappy 200 million dollar players.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
I can't wait for Wednesday's game.

I don't know all the ins and out of Baseball like all the stats and stuff like that but I know when i am watching exciting games,and last night's game was an exciting game.

I haven't been this glued to a baseball game since the I listened to the 2004 world series on the radio.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »

I don't know all the ins and out of Baseball like all the stats and stuff like that but I know when i am watching exciting games,and last night's game was an exciting game.

The "stat" people can ruin the game for you.    Just know what you like and go with that.