Author Topic: Friday the 13th Part 4 - Accepting submissions  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
Friday the 13th Part 4 - Accepting submissions
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
Well since we already got one script from someone who must drink WAY to much caffine, we figured we should go ahead and start up a thread incase anybody else has any questions. 

Deadline for submissions is November 1st 2009 (Note: deadline is completely arbitrary and subject to change, which strips it of all it's power but don't mention anything it's a little self consious now.)

We're sure there must be some cracks about that dope Jason that you've been dying for us to say. Well, now here's your chance for us to say them!

This could be your only chance to get in on this series, so don't pass it up.  Plus if we use any of your jokes, you might get the track for free! And there's other free stuff that might come your way.

Standard excel format is preferred (time code | prompt | riff), but we'll work with you on whatever you can send in. Except Farci, no Farci please.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Friday the 13th Part 4 - Accepting submissions
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »
Is this the 4th movie in that series you're riffing?  Don't you worry it might get to be as formulaic as the movies you're riffing?

In a strange coincidence, I have this movie arriving at my home from Netflix today.  I've been going through the series because, well, I can't think of anything else to put in the Netflix queue.  Dreadfully boring movies, and the actors are all so ugly.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
Is this the 4th movie in that series you're riffing?  Don't you worry it might get to be as formulaic as the movies you're riffing?

In a strange coincidence, I have this movie arriving at my home from Netflix today.  I've been going through the series because, well, I can't think of anything else to put in the Netflix queue.  Dreadfully boring movies, and the actors are all so ugly.

It is becoming more difficult, no doubt about it but we're taking it as a personal challenge.  This one is probably the worst for us though, hence the shout out for scripts if possible.  After this one they get so moronically stupid in so many different ways we think we can keep the jokes fresh for the most part or die trying....again in some cases.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
This one was always my least favorite of the series.  The reasons for that are pretty much all Crispin Glover-related.  What the hell, I'm in.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »

It is becoming more difficult, no doubt about it but we're taking it as a personal challenge.  This one is probably the worst for us though, hence the shout out for scripts if possible.  After this one they get so moronically stupid in so many different ways we think we can keep the jokes fresh for the most part or die trying....again in some cases.

I'm still going through them.  I watched 5 and 6 today.  Cliched and boring as always.  I saw Jason  X last year.  It was so phenomenally stupid that it broke clear through and became ironically entertaining.  Jason X is the only one I've seen that was bad, but not boring, so it was good.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »

I'm still going through them.  I watched 5 and 6 today.  Cliched and boring as always.  I saw Jason  X last year.  It was so phenomenally stupid that it broke clear through and became ironically entertaining.  Jason X is the only one I've seen that was bad, but not boring, so it was good.

For us the creme de la creme of bad Jason movies is Jason goes to Hell.   Obviously this is were this movie was spawned, Jason is barely in it and when he is is so over the top stupid we have to turn it off.  Really not looking forward to when we have to do that one.
You'll DIE Laughing!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
This one was always my least favorite of the series.  The reasons for that are pretty much all Crispin Glover-related.  What the hell, I'm in.

The more the scarier!   ;D
You'll DIE Laughing!

spaceforarent

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

Deadline for submissions is November 1st 2009 (Note: deadline is completely arbitrary and subject to change, which strips it of all it's power but don't mention anything it's a little self consious now.)
Get it!?!? DEADline.
Now you see why I won't be submitting a script

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »

For us the creme de la creme of bad Jason movies is Jason goes to Hell.   Obviously this is were this movie was spawned, Jason is barely in it and when he is is so over the top stupid we have to turn it off.  Really not looking forward to when we have to do that one.

For a while I had it in my head that Jason Goes To Hell was slightly better than the others because it actually strived to have a bit more plot to the whole thing.  But, yeah, then I went back and watched it, and...it's not good at all. 

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »

For a while I had it in my head that Jason Goes To Hell was slightly better than the others because it actually strived to have a bit more plot to the whole thing.  But, yeah, then I went back and watched it, and...it's not good at all. 

I know I saw it, like 15 years ago, but I have no recollection other than the girl luring Jason into an FBI ambush, and a coroner eating Jason's heart or something like that.  Reading the blurb on Netflix, it sounds promising, but my hopes aren't too high.  Oh well, I'll find out around the end of the week when it gets here.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
Watching part 4 is the farthest I ever got in the series in order.  When I noticed it all started looking the same I got bored with it and gave up, while going on with Nightmare on Elm Street.  By the time I noticed titles like "Jason Takes Manhatten" I just threw my hands up with an exaggerated "are you kidding me" expression and considered the series dead.  I did catch Jason X on HBO or something once and it struck me as a comedy, so I liked it.  Then, of course, I had to see Freddy vs Jason.

Without you guys riffing them, I'd probably never watch all the movies in the middle of this series.  Not sure yet if I should be thanking or cursing you for that.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
All things considered, I kind of like parts V, VI, and VII.  None of them are very good, but they all kind of try to tweak the formula a little (and I suppose VIII does as well) so they're all a little entertaining in their own ways.  Part 2 is probably my favorite of the whole series. 

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 02:12:20 PM »
Without you guys riffing them, I'd probably never watch all the movies in the middle of this series.  Not sure yet if I should be thanking or cursing you for that.

Both would probably be the correct answer to that.  ;D
You'll DIE Laughing!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »
All things considered, I kind of like parts V, VI, and VII.  None of them are very good, but they all kind of try to tweak the formula a little (and I suppose VIII does as well) so they're all a little entertaining in their own ways.  Part 2 is probably my favorite of the whole series. 

I truly liked V and VII and VIII, mostly cause they were always on TV and I saw them more than most.  Jason's "juiciness" in part VIII is cringe worthy all on it's own.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
The 1st of November is stalking me, SUCH a hard movie to get through once let alone over and over.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)