login

Author Topic: The 24 Hour Comic Book day  (Read 893 times)

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
The 24 Hour Comic Book day
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »
If you haven't heard of this, it's a yearly challenge in which comic creators attempt to create a 24-page comic in a 24-hour period. That's 24 pages, start to finish, no stopping the clock for breaks, naps, etc. Materials may be gathered before hand, but if one wants to honor completely the spirit of the challenge, there should be no planning of plot, character design, etc. This year's is coming up, October 3.

Last year I did it and it was an absolute blast. I only made it 13 or so pages, and some of those were not very complete. This year I'm doing it again, and I'll admit, I'm cheating a little - I already have established characters I intend to use and a plot idea. But it's very loose.

I'm just curious, anyone else here getting involved with this? Odds are there's a location near you hosting one. I can't tell you how fun they are - and you'll make loads of great, cool contacts in the biz.

M@

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: The 24 Hour Comic Book day
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
I know Hebs and Edward J Grug III both have taken part in the past.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4899
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
When I was in university, I actually interviewed one of the creators (local guy) who made it into the book for a comic book themed radio show.  That was pretty neat.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:55 AM »
Well, just in case any of you wanted to see what I came up with, here it is.

My 24 Hour Comic Book

It's kind of a downer, but overall I was so pleased with the experience I can't even tell you.

M@