Author Topic: Weezer & Yo Gabba Gabba!  (Read 5406 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: Weezer's RADITUDE
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »

The Weezer Snuggie...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zXqHfHN9dJs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zXqHfHN9dJs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

:D

Regarding the album, it's a winner.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
It's not too shabby. But I think I liked the Red album better.  But it was totally worth getting the iTunes pass for the MGMT/Lady Gaga medly as well as a few alternate versions of songs.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »

This didn't "wow" me like the RED album did w/ its diversity, but the album's tongue is firmly planted into its cheek w/ such tracks as "I'm Your Daddy" and "In the Mall". The first single is obviously the standout track, and I personally think it's one of the best songs Rivers has ever written. That chorus is beyond infecttious, and the song overall does what Weezer excels at, lifting up your spirits. I can't wait to sing and dance to that next month! And the B-sides, they're great as always. I could attest "Get Me Some" is a B-side from the Maladroit sessions, and Underdogs is just super-sweet.

From the results, it sounds like the guys had a lot of fun w/ it.  *thumbs way up*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
The "Cold Dark World" (Rivers Cuomo Vocals Version) is pretty good, but I think I like the original version better with Shriner singing.

I just need to track down the 2 Japanese bonus tracks to satisfy my OCD...   :D

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 03:59:22 AM »
I really like Raditude.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Red album, actually.  "I Want You To," "I'm Your Daddy," "Put Me Back Together," and "I Don't Want To Let You Go" are the standouts for me.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 05:29:54 AM »
It's not too shabby. But I think I liked the Red album better.  But it was totally worth getting the iTunes pass for the MGMT/Lady Gaga medly as well as a few alternate versions of songs.

yeah I agree with all of this.

I hate to give the haters any ground but I think it's their weakest album by far, "I Want You To" and "Put me back together" are really the only tracks that gave me the instant goofy grin than I expect from Weezer, they're both REALLY good though so I'm happy to let everything else grow on me.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
Weezer's RADITUDE
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »
I tend to love all the odd-numbered Weezer albums and am "eh" about the even-numbered ones. So I'll probably not like whatever their next one is.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »

...and I tend to like them all, sans Make Believe. I mean, "Hold Me", really? :D

Howbeit, I do hold the BLUE album in higher esteem than the rest as I all out worship it.

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »
Oh yeah, Blue album is my favorite still.  I listened to all their albums the other day, to reevaulate them.  I found I liked Maladroit more than I remembered, although my original feeling on it (that I'm afraid it's just too darn loud) still holds up.  I do like a lot of Make Believe, particularly This Is Such A Pity and The Other Way.  Still don't like the Red album.  And Raditude is growing on me very quickly.     

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 04:26:49 AM »

Of course Maladroit is too damn loud, it's their rock album!    :)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 05:48:46 AM »

I like 'Hold me', I think it's pretty

Of course Maladroit is too damn loud, it's their rock album!    :)

If it's too loud turn it down  ;D
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »

Indeed, Scott. Indeed...

:)

In the entire Weezer catalog, "Hold Me" just seems so out-of-place (even w/ Pinkerton in mind), and it makes me chuckle regardless. It's such a downer as a whole, and just swallowed all the energy out of the Aragon when they debuted it back in '05 (the energy came soaring back when they went into my all-time favorite Weezer song "The Good Life").

3 weeks from today is the big Milwaukee show.... *starts humming "The Good Life" & shakes his booty"*

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 06:58:29 AM »

3 weeks from today is the big Milwaukee show.... *starts humming "The Good Life" & shakes his booty"*

Curse you!

The fact I'm seeing both Pavement and Pixies in March is the only thing easing my pain.  REALLY hope they tour here next year, I'd happily fly interstate if they don't come to my city, hell I'd probably fly interstate even if they do just to see them twice.
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 07:13:58 AM »

...and Scott, I'm seeing the Pixies next Thursday. 

What's extra special about this tour is the fact they're playing clubs, a first since their very short club tour before the release of Make Believe. It's their first stop at my home club in nearly a decade. It's most definitely a wonderful Christmas gift, and I hope they make it your way next year!  :)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »

Holy crap! Weezer just announced for a little venue here in the city, and tix go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am. I have a meeting every Friday that starts at... yeah, you guessed it. This is gonna' be tricky.

-Rude

EDIT - Score! Two tickets for January... although the price was a killer. Now i remember why i only use Ticketmaster for exclusive presale events.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:17:09 AM by Rude »
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>