login

Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 268422 times)

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4512
Re: General Game News
« Reply #2250 on: September 21, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »

Also, as a result Wolf Among Us Season 2 has been cancelled.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2251 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
I know some Telltale employees personally. At the very least, they helped resurrect the Adventure game genre back into the mainstream and now we have Night in the Woods, Firewatch, Broken Age, Thimbleweed Park, etc. The world was better for Telltale Games' existence than without.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5183
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2252 on: September 22, 2018, 11:14:44 AM »
That's a bummer.  I was a big fan of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and I've heard great things about their Walking Dead series, which is now going unfinished.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #2253 on: September 22, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
That's a bummer.  I was a big fan of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and I've heard great things about their Walking Dead series, which is now going unfinished.

SBCG4AP made me a Telltale fan. The game production took a toll on Matt Chapman who did all of the voices except for Marzipan, though.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2254 on: September 22, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »
I heard they have a skeleton crew working on the final Walking Dead part, so that may still get a release.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2255 on: September 22, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
RIP Telltale Games

I'm in shock. They seemed to be doing so well. They had that Stranger Things game in the works...
There's a chart floating around of their Steam numbers. Huge number of people played TWD. There was a drop off to not huge, but decent numbers for Borderlands, Wolf, TWD S2 and Game of Thrones, but then the numbers fall off a cliff. Batman, Guardians, Michonne all were apparently disasters for the company.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2256 on: September 22, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »
On a brighter note- the first three Phoenix Wright games are getting a PC release in early 2019

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #2257 on: September 22, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »
On a brighter note- the first three Phoenix Wright games are getting a PC release in early 2019

Yippee Skippee! Too bad I already played though them...

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 521
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #2258 on: September 22, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »

I got a collection for them years ago on the 3DS eshop. Granted, I've been known to get multiple copies of games. I have Fire Emblem Warriors on both systems with all the DLC on both, but I don't think I'll pick up Phoenix Wright again.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #2259 on: September 22, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »

I got a collection for them years ago on the 3DS eshop. Granted, I've been known to get multiple copies of games. I have Fire Emblem Warriors on both systems with all the DLC on both, but I don't think I'll pick up Phoenix Wright again.

Same here. Phoenix Wright is not one of those games that I would play twice. And I'm with you on getting multiple copies of games for different systems.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 744
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2260 on: September 23, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
Back in June, Farsight, makers of Pinball Arcade, lost the rights to all of the Bally/Williams tables. Which took out a huge chunk of their library (including almost all of the actually good games). Many people speculated that Williams might be planning to make their own recreations, or even better, get back into the pinball manufacturing business.

Nope. They sold the rights to Zen Studios, makers of the Pinball FX series. The first Williams table pack is set to be released on October 9th, and will include The Getaway, Junk Yard and Medieval Madness. Fish Tales will also be available for free.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ifmi0bCzeWw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ifmi0bCzeWw</a>

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #2261 on: September 23, 2018, 12:15:25 PM »
So Ghostbusters is getting its own equivalent to Pokémon Go and one of the ghosts that’s been announced is Kenner Real Ghostbusters Fearsome Flush.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:31:37 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #2262 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »
Wasn't that the toilet from "Look who's talking 2"?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #2263 on: September 23, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »
Back in June, Farsight, makers of Pinball Arcade, lost the rights to all of the Bally/Williams tables. Which took out a huge chunk of their library (including almost all of the actually good games). Many people speculated that Williams might be planning to make their own recreations, or even better, get back into the pinball manufacturing business.

Nope. They sold the rights to Zen Studios, makers of the Pinball FX series. The first Williams table pack is set to be released on October 9th, and will include The Getaway, Junk Yard and Medieval Madness. Fish Tales will also be available for free.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ifmi0bCzeWw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ifmi0bCzeWw</a>

That's.... weird.  I already own those tables from Farsight.  And I don't think Zen has done any table recreations yet.  I'm not sure I trust them to nail the feel of a real table, even if some of their virtual tables have been fun.  Animating the toys is kind of cool, but yeah, so far I'm not sold. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2264 on: September 23, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »

That's.... weird.  I already own those tables from Farsight.  And I don't think Zen has done any table recreations yet.  I'm not sure I trust them to nail the feel of a real table, even if some of their virtual tables have been fun.  Animating the toys is kind of cool, but yeah, so far I'm not sold.

I just tried out the free table on FX3, I don't like the interface, and the ball physics does not seem quite right.   I don't see that platform working well for a simulation of a real table.