Author Topic: General Game News  (Read 253583 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: General Game News
« Reply #1155 on: January 14, 2015, 10:12:32 PM »
The charger is the same as the other 3DS', as well as the DSi's. They're selling it separately to keep the cost down for people who don't need another one.
I'm not sure... that almost seems like bad business sense to me... For one thing, it doesn't look like it's nearly good enough for me to upgrade from my XL, even if I wanted too. Maybe the people who have the regular 3DS will buy it to upgrade... but it seems really alienating to new consumers.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3075
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1156 on: January 15, 2015, 05:21:52 AM »
Amiibo support is the big draw for me. Plus the face-tracking 3D sounds pretty nifty...

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1157 on: January 15, 2015, 07:26:48 AM »
For fans of Marvel Puzzle Quest: they just added Squirrel Girl!  This is so great!

You beat me to it!  Time to start grinding away on that mission!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1158 on: January 15, 2015, 07:27:58 AM »
For fans of Marvel Puzzle Quest: they just added Squirrel Girl!  This is so great!

You beat me to it!  Time to start grinding away on that mission!

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #1159 on: January 15, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »
EDIT: Oh, but what's this? There's going to be a nifty gold Majora's Mask 3DS? Maybe I can deal with the bulky- Won't come with the game in North America!? Why does Nintendo hate us suddenly!?

Don't worry, they're all sold out anyway. Along with the special edition that comes with the skull kid figure. Nintendo says you might be able to find them in stores, but that seems unlikely.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1160 on: January 15, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »
I've had some success hitting up Wal-Mart at midnight or Best Buy first thing in the morning before with things like this. It helps that I live in a relatively dinky city, where there aren't a whole lot of collectors scavenging for things like this.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #1161 on: January 16, 2015, 10:40:23 PM »
Sony's new zombie MMO "H1Z1". I was considering buying it until I read this:

“Initially available as a Steam Early Access title with optional in-game RMT marketplace purchases, H1Z1 will later launch as a Free to Play. Your Way™ title with optional in-game RMT marketplace purchases.”

“We want to ensure that our players have the best experience possible at launch, so we want to take our time during Early Access to incorporate player feedback, work out any bugs, and adjust and expand features. We anticipate a full release later this year.”

So basically, we are expected to pay $20.00 for the privilege of alpha testing their game for them. A game that's going to be released Free-to-play in its finished form. How can I begin to express my level of fuck yous?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #1162 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:15 AM »
A simple fuck you is a good start.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #1163 on: January 17, 2015, 04:29:29 PM »
Real good then: fuck you, Sony.

And considering what I've seen of the game on Twitch, I'm glad I didn't buy into it.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1164 on: January 17, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
You understand early access games will change as much as the developers want? If you get an early access game expecting it to be any more than what it is when you pay for it you're destined for disappointment.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 693
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1165 on: January 18, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
I'm happy to buy early access games from developers I trust, provided it's $15 or less. I'll buy pretty much anything from Klei or Vlambeer. Don't Starve was in early access for at least a year, and it turned out great. Nuclear Throne is still in early access, but it's updated 2-3 times a month. When I bought it, half the game wasn't even playable. Now the game is fully playable. They just keep adding new features and replacing the remaining placeholder artwork. Definitely worth the money.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #1166 on: January 18, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
You understand early access games will change as much as the developers want? If you get an early access game expecting it to be any more than what it is when you pay for it you're destined for disappointment.

There is a certain aamount to be expected, yeah. I think everyone KNEW the game would be rough. But Sony hyped the Hell of tthat game. Thy were CRAZY with how mumuch they hyped it. And then they give out keys to streamers to hype it more... and then the inevitable problems happen, and they handled things horribly. It was missing a lot of stuff that n should be in a title even if it is early access, such as a bloody OPTIONS menu. The servers crashing was inevitable, that happens with every mmo. But it took them HORRENDOUSLY long to deal with that. Sony released a game way too early in development and convinced 90% of streamers to broadcast the fail live. Yes, early access means unpolished and unfinished. But for the love of god, release something that's PLAYABLE. This was a pr NIGHTMARE.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #1167 on: January 18, 2015, 10:21:51 AM »

I'm decrying the fact they charge for it at all. It's final form will be free-to-play. They are charging people to alpha test. With their micro-transactions in place!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1168 on: January 18, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »

I'm decrying the fact they charge for it at all. It's final form will be free-to-play. They are charging people to alpha test. With their micro-transactions in place!

Yea that's ridiculous. But when I read what they are doing it made sense to me in the context of early access.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1169 on: January 20, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »
GOG.com adds X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter, the massively underrated X-Wing Alliance, Galactic Battlegrounds, Dark Forces, Battlefront II, and KOTOR II to their library!

http://www.gog.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=lucasfilm_second_wave