Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 130969 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The beer topic.....
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
I'm straightedge, and that means I'm better than each and every one of you.

Straight Edge, man, I have not heard that in awhile.   Think I will go listen to my "Teen Idles" CD now.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge)

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »
I used to work with a bunch of people that transplanted from Wisconsin down here to south florida and they would always talk about how much they missed Spotted Cow beer....then they went back to visit there family and some how brought some back. It is some pretty good beer.

My taste of beer really changes on setting and if I am eating something.....I am pretty weird.

First off a good Guinness at my local pub Rooney's is definitely my favorite beer being that I am irish catholic it's almost a crime not to like Guinness.

If I am at the beach or on the boat fishing I love having a nice Corona. If I am at a ball game tailgating I don't really mind having a Bud....which is odd.

And if I am having sushi or Asian food I like a Kirin Light....

Plus I am always open to new kinds of beer, there is a beer that is kinda big down here called Sea Dog....personally I really don't like much of what they make but one of there beers which is the Blue paw is pretty cool. It tastes and smells like Blueberry's.
Here is the Sea Dog website.
http://www.seadogbrewing.com/seadogbrews.php
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:45:53 PM by SaucyRossy »

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Amy

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Worth ten cows
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 01:03:53 PM »
Straight Edge, man, I have not heard that in awhile.
Yeah, that definitely takes me back.  :)

I usually stick to wine these days, but I do enjoy a frosty beer every so often. It's interesting to read about how a lot of you have had your taste in beer change over the years--I'm the same way.

I used to love hefeweizens, ambers, and scotches, and now I can't stand hef's and will only drink sweeter-tasting beers like ambers if that's all that's available. I prefer hoppier beers like pales and porters. Also, I used to be able to drink stuff like Schmidt Ice in the college days (low price + high alcohol content = perfection), but there's no way I'd drink that shit now.

A few favorites:

Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Rogue Mocha Porter--yum!
That shocks my full military wear!

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
Fat Tire, from out in Colorado... delicious amber ale, and getting pretty widely available!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 08:47:25 PM »
hey does anyone know of a good topshelf clear rum?  ive been looking for something like that for a while.

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
This seems like a good place to read about top shelf rum.
http://orig.app.com/goodlife/Summer2006/topshelf/topshelf.html

• Compsognathus
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 09:01:31 PM »
lol rules saucy rules. 

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »
I have had this rum before and it is realllllly good...
Appleton Estate White Jamaica Rum
Appleton White Jamaica Rum is a crisp, medium-bodied rum, a perfect complement to fruit juices, colas, and other mixers. Unlike many other white rums, Appleton White Jamaica Rum has been aged for up to two years in oak barrels. The color is extracted by slowly filtering the rum through activated charcoal. This allows Appleton White Jamaica Rum to have a fuller, richer, and more rounded character and flavor than other white rums.

Not too expensive either.....

Rules?

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »
This seems like a good place to read about top shelf rum.
http://orig.app.com/goodlife/Summer2006/topshelf/topshelf.html

Damn, I'd hate to be the curator of that historic piece of spirit history!!

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »

Damn, I'd hate to be the curator of that historic piece of spirit history!!

I know I would be too tempted to not drink that...but seriously I think its for sale?

• Compsognathus
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »
Rules?
Are you asking me if that rum rules or what rules means?  if the latter it means awesome as in "that totally rules"  its kinda a running gag with my friends becuase this one friend who i swear sounded like beavis always saided it. 

if your question was the former then yeah it sounds really good, ill start looking for it.  :)

www.bevmo.com

I have had this rum before and it is realllllly good...
Appleton Estate White Jamaica Rum
Appleton White Jamaica Rum is a crisp, medium-bodied rum, a perfect complement to fruit juices, colas, and other mixers. Unlike many other white rums, Appleton White Jamaica Rum has been aged for up to two years in oak barrels. The color is extracted by slowly filtering the rum through activated charcoal. This allows Appleton White Jamaica Rum to have a fuller, richer, and more rounded character and flavor than other white rums.

Offline SaucyRossy

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »
Rules?
Are you asking me if that rum rules or what rules means?  if the latter it means awesome as in "that totally rules"  its kinda a running gag with my friends becuase this one friend who i swear sounded like beavis always saided it. 
Ok now I understand....for some reason I made up this huge story in my head how we had talked before about how your wife wouldn't let you buy expensive things and that you had 'rules' to follow.....but yeah that wasn't real...it was ....just in my head.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 11:24:03 PM »
sadly poor sad sarcasm is all alone in the world, no one to set rules for me, no one to tell me stop swearing and quit playing games, no one to enjoy my eccentric wit.  sigh ;)

Offline Magi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • The force will be with you...always
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »
I definitely have go with the triple ales and trappists. If I'm in a mood for a different kind of beer I'll go for Rauchbier (smoked beer), it's like liquid smoke. You have to drink when there is meat around, as it causes a mean hunger for meat.

But if I'm looking for a strong, good, kick my ass under a table beer. The type of beer that puts hair on your ass, back, neck and face. The type of beer that your balls crawl back into your body and re drop as big brass balls,they clink when you walk. Then I'd have to go with the Scottish Skullsplitter Ale. Don't know about the rest of the world but it wraps around my spinal cord and separates it from my brain. Hence why I find myself with lots of shots of Tequila afterward.
Flutter away, little butterfly.. Just flutter away

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 08:09:20 AM »