Author Topic: Help K2 get a walk on role on Mad Men!  (Read 947 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Help K2 get a walk on role on Mad Men!
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
Help my brother (and fellow OneWallCinema riffer) Kyle get a walk on role in Mad Men!

From forum member KBrennan:
So I guess Banana Republic is doing a contest and the winner gets a walk-on role on the show Mad Men. For those that don't know, a) I love Mad Men, and b) I enjoy a nice suit. The first half of the contest is having the public vote on people, much like a "hot or not" or one of those other godawful websites. But like a moth to the flame, I had to give it a shot. What else am I going to do with my day off? So here's the link, you can vote once a day through August 11 so vote as often as you can or care to.

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/photos/view/278/sort:Photo.score

Thanks guys and gals,
K2

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Help K2 get a walk on role on Mad Men!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
I saw the ad on AMC about this contest.

It said you had to get a serial number at one of the stores (until they ran out) to enter...nothing about getting votes online.

Offline K2

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 106
  • Thread Killer. Thread Speed Bump on my best days.
    • OneWallRoom.com
Re: Help K2 get a walk on role on Mad Men!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »
I have to admit that the "Hot or Not" online voting aspect of this "contest" is utter bullshit, mainly because I don't have 35000 friends on myspace willing to vote for me on a daily basis like most of the other folks seem to have. Plus what friends I do have actually have lives and jobs and families so they don't have the time. I am proud to say that at one point I was ranked as high as 17th overall. Now, last I checked, I was ranked 86th. So at least I'm ranked higher than the shirtless d-bag with the kickboxing gloves. For now. But I figure what the hell, can't win anything if you don't try.