Author Topic: Bruno  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Alex From Watchalong

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • theroyalattire.com
Bruno
« on: July 10, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
Maybe one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
Had about a dozen people walk out in total disgust - which is always a good sign.

:clap:
Photobucket

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Bruno
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »
That is encouraging. I am probably going to a matinee sometime next week.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
I saw the film a couple of months ago but as the release date grew near, parts of the film were still in my head. It's pretty simple to know if you're going to like the movie. If you liked Borat, you'll most likely enjoy . If you watched any of Da Ali G Show and enjoyed that, you will also most likely have fun viewing . Probably my biggest complaint about the film is nothing that they could really change in the end. If was to come out before Borat I would have enjoyed it more. The story is similar to that of Borat, whereas comes to the United States and goes through various adventures. Certain parts of the movie are really outrageous and will have your sides hurting. The movie has one of my favorite openings ever, and the music throughout the movie (specifically in the opening credits) is hilarious. We will probably never see music like that set to the Universal logo again. Being a huge fan of both Borat and Da Ali G show I went in with big expectations and was very satisfied in the end.

9/10
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »
Fort Smith, Arkansas is featured prominently in the film from what I understand.

Makes me proud of my home state, real proud.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
I saw the film a couple of months ago but as the release date grew near, parts of the film were still in my head.

Which means you saw the LaToya Jackson part that got cut just because her brother bought the farm....

Can you describe what happened please?

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 04:50:17 PM »
I saw the film a couple of months ago but as the release date grew near, parts of the film were still in my head.

Which means you saw the LaToya Jackson part that got cut just because her brother bought the farm....

Can you describe what happened please?

I honestly don't even remember that scene from the film. I don't think it was that prominent in the movie though. These sites have some info on it:

http://gawker.com/5302980/should-bruno-cut-its-latoya-jackson-scene

http://www.accesshollywood.com/universal-pulls-latoya-jackson-scene-from-bruno-premiere-in-los-angeles_article_19734

Sorry.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
Maybe one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
Had about a dozen people walk out in total disgust - which is always a good sign.

:clap:

Walking out of a movie is so gay.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
I saw it. It was pure genius. And same thing happened in my theater. 4 people got up and left during the scene where he goes to the martial arts instructor. I laughed at them as the passed by.

Maybe not quite as funny as Borat, but it was pretty close.
I really do like pie.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 02:31:50 PM »
Just what kind of movie where these people expecting?    They should not have been surprised or that horrified.

Now, having typed that, my parents DID go see Spinal Tap at the dollar movie because they though it was a medical mystery movie.   I know that no one reading this believes it, but I SWEAR that is a true story.   But heck, they stayed the whole time.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
I always find it cool that a movie I am digging makes people to walk out.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 11:25:19 PM »
I saw a midnight of it Thursday and loved it.  No walkouts though.  I think everyone there pretty much knew what they were getting into.  I do want to see it again this coming Friday after word of mouth gets out and everyone sees the whole #1 at the Box Office thing.  I really want to see the reaction from a crowd that doesn't really have any idea what's in store for them.
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant