Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 76538 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #900 on: January 05, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »
My 'dream senario' would be for Fox to stay on but as a Defensive Coordinator, Bring in Bill Cowher as the head coach, and see if Jon Gruden could be brought on board as Offensive Coordinator.. :o

Better start that coaching fund drive as soon as you get home!
Yeah.. This poor white boy will have to concentrate on his own stack of bills when he gets home :'(

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #901 on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »
Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

There's a company that plans to build a stadium outside of L.A., and that company also has plans to steal a couple of NFL teams from other cities. Their intended targets of thievery: the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars.

From the AP: Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles. They also include the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

But he said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions.

We're coming for your team RVR!!!  ;)

In reality though, if any team comes to L.A., there will be earth-shattering hype followed by a steady decline in interest ultimately leading to yet another NFL exodus. The winners will be the citizens of Riverside County as they'll have a fancy new stadium to go watch super motocross.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #902 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »
I seriously doubt you'll snag my Bills, but the Jags on the other hand.. :o

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #903 on: January 07, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »
So it looks like I'll miss the Jets @ Bengals game Saturday @ 4:30pm (cause I'll be in the air flying back to Charlotte), but will be home to catch the Eagles @ Cowchunks @ 8pm :o

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #904 on: January 09, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
Carroll gets a taste of losing...and he wants more!

Sources: Seattle, Carroll agree on deal

Pete Carroll has reached an agreement in principle with the Seahawks on a deal to be their next head coach, multiple NFL sources confirmed early Saturday morning.

Carroll was fully expected to be introduced by the Seahawks as early as Monday, after the team interviewed Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier on Saturday morning.

According to league sources, Frazier met with the Seahawks in Minneapolis, satisfying the Rooney Rule, which requires teams to interview a minority candidate for head-coaching and senior football-operations hires.

Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke had told Frazier that Carroll definitely does not have Seattle's job. Frazier had been unwilling to talk with the Seahawks about the head-coaching vacancy if Carroll had been promised full control of the Seahawks. Multiple sources indicated he had been.

On Friday, Jim Mora became the first Seahawks coach to be let go after just one season when the team finished 5-11.

Seattle also contacted the agent for Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, but as of Saturday morning, nothing had been set up. An interview with Rivera also would satisfy the Rooney Rule.

But the bottom line is, Carroll's agreement with Seattle is "100 percent done," one NFL source close to the situation said.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #905 on: January 09, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Methinks Carroll is running from upcoming NCAA troubles for the outlaw program he has there.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #906 on: January 09, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »
Methinks Carroll is running from upcoming NCAA troubles for the outlaw program he has there.

Oooh, interesting point Bob. Get the hell out of Dodge before the indictment! Maybe the state of Washington has loose extradition laws.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #907 on: January 09, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »
So the Jets advance :o

Got my pizza  and watching the Eagles @ Cowchumps game ;D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #908 on: January 09, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
I wonder if the Bengals and Eagles knew that THIS was the weeks the playoffs start/

Jeez...

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #909 on: January 09, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »
No shit. The Cowchips are taking it to the Feebles...again!

What the hell happened to the Philly D? Dallas is marching up and down the field.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2010, 06:35:07 AM »
I'm pickin the Packers over the Cardinals and the Patriots over the Ravens though I hope the Patriots lose 8)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2010, 07:03:16 AM »
I'm pickin the Packers over the Cardinals and the Patriots over the Ravens though I hope the Patriots lose 8)

I want Warner (dont give a crap about the cards, but Warner is STILL my hero) to win and I dont care about the Pats/Ravens.   Both teams are full of enough shit heads to make me hate both.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »

I want Warner (dont give a crap about the cards, but Warner is STILL my hero) to win and I dont care about the Pats/Ravens.   Both teams are full of enough shit heads to make me hate both.
Then you won't like this..

Sources: Warner likely to retire

Arizona's next loss could mark the last time that quarterback Kurt Warner plays in an NFL game.

He always could change his mind, but this likely will be the 38-year-old Warner's final NFL season, according to sources close to the quarterback.

Warner has been voted to five Pro Bowls, won two NFL MVP awards, one Super Bowl and became the second quarterback in history to throw more than 100 touchdown passes for two NFL franchises.

Earlier this season, Warner suffered a concussion that raised questions about his future.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #913 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
Then you won't like this..

Sources: Warner likely to retire

Arizona's next loss could mark the last time that quarterback Kurt Warner plays in an NFL game.

He always could change his mind, but this likely will be the 38-year-old Warner's final NFL season, according to sources close to the quarterback.

Warner has been voted to five Pro Bowls, won two NFL MVP awards, one Super Bowl and became the second quarterback in history to throw more than 100 touchdown passes for two NFL franchises.

Earlier this season, Warner suffered a concussion that raised questions about his future.
[/quote]

Actually, this is great news.   Kurt can retire, spend time with his family, focus on the next stage of his life and I can go back to hating the Cardinals.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #914 on: January 10, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »
And the Cheatriots are down 14-0 four minutes into the game!