login

Author Topic: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..  (Read 76481 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The 2009 NFL Season of Disarray..
« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
Excellent!
I Found the NFL Network on the wifey's Dish satellite channels (Channel 154) so maybe I'll get to see a Decent football game after all :grr:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
HA! :D
The Last Time the Giants were shut out in the First Half was January 8, 2006 during the playoffs with my Panthers - A game they were Completely shut out the entire game at that.. :o
Why do I remember this fact? Because I pried myself away from the Topless beach in Cancun to watch that game! :-[

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #662 on: November 26, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »
Well congrats to the Broncos on 'Stomping' the Giants ..

Just saw the playoff possibilities and I was Shocked to see the Panthers (currently at 4-6) are actually 'In The Hunt' for a playoff spot?! :speechless:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
 :D :D :D I heard his Entire rant!!

NFL Network accidentally airs McDaniels' profanity
Associated Press

Updated: November 27, 2009, 2:36 AM EST

DENVER (AP) - The NFL Network accidentally aired a vulgarity yelled by Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels as he chastised his players on the sideline of their Thanksgiving night game against the New York Giants.

Coming out of a commercial break following a series of false starts near the goal line that resulted in Denver settling for a field goal, the NFL Network showed a clip of McDaniels, who yelled at his players: "All we're trying to do is win a (expletive) game!"

The vulgarity was clearly audible to viewers, and announcer Bob Papa immediately apologized to viewers.

"We want to apologize for that audio as we went to the last break that got out over the air. We do send our sincerest apologizes for the Josh McDaniels audio that got out there," Papa told viewers.

In an interview with The Associated Press and the Denver Post, Eric Weinberger, executive producer of the NFL Network, apologized to viewers and to McDaniels for the "terrible mistake."

He said no one in the production trucks heard the profanity.

"No one heard it as it was said. It would never have been aired," Weinberger said. "It was at the end of a clip, so we missed it."

He said he heard the profanity at the same time everyone else did.

His reaction?

"I probably said the same thing" as McDaniels did, Weinberger acknowledged.

"We're not in this business to do that," Weinberger said. "We're in this business to show sports and to show the most emotion that we can show. And the guy is an incredibly emotional, passionate guy."

McDaniels wasn't miked. The audio was picked up by the NFL Network's cameras.

"It's amazing how aggressive the production is with microphones not even on the guys. We don't have wires on the guys," Weinberger said. "You're picking up ambient sound. If you're watching the game, you're hearing Kyle Orton calling audibles as the game's going on. He's not miked. It's the microphones that are on the sides that are picking up ambient sound."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »

Associated Press

That was what was so hypocritical about "Nipple Gate" really...

For YEARS you could hear all sorts of choice language during live sporting events - either from the field or from the stands.  In Miami, there was a group of fans who when they didn't like the Ref's call would chant, "Bullshit, bullshit, bull - fucking - shit!".  The on field mics picked that up all the time.  You even heard that on the radio broadcasts.

And when Marino was with the Dolphins and they went three and out, the camera would always have a close up on him as he walked off the field...and you knew exactly what he was saying.  The commentators used to say, "Well, he's upset and rightly so..."

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #666 on: November 27, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »

Associated Press

That was what was so hypocritical about "Nipple Gate" really...

For YEARS you could hear all sorts of choice language during live sporting events - either from the field or from the stands.  In Miami, there was a group of fans who when they didn't like the Ref's call would chant, "Bullshit, bullshit, bull - fucking - shit!".  The on field mics picked that up all the time.  You even heard that on the radio broadcasts.

And when Marino was with the Dolphins and they went three and out, the camera would always have a close up on him as he walked off the field...and you knew exactly what he was saying.  The commentators used to say, "Well, he's upset and rightly so..."

Was there no apology from NBC for accidentally airing man-ass?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2009, 01:40:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

What a fucking duchebag Berman is.    All he does is read script and make his stupid noises and catch phrases.   Man, I would love for him to yell at me so I could punch him in his idiot face.

I heard the Denver coach cussing too and my mom looked at me and said, "did he just say what I thought he said?" and then started laughing.   My dad played it back 3 or 4 times and kept laughing.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »

What a fucking duchebag Berman is.    All he does is read script and make his stupid noises and catch phrases. 

And swallow a sheet of 20-grit sandpaper before every take. Man, that voice! I just wanna throw something at him!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #669 on: November 28, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
WHO WOULD YOU START?

Bernard Berrian (CHI) or Devin "Ass-Man" Hester (@MIN)

Damn, looks like Steven Jackson is down-for-the-count this week.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #670 on: November 28, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »
WHO WOULD YOU START?

Bernard Berrian (CHI) or Devin "Ass-Man" Hester (@MIN)

Damn, looks like Steven Jackson is down-for-the-count this week.

Yeah, the Rams without their QB, RB and OTs..... should be "fun".

I would start Berrian, but what do I know?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #671 on: November 29, 2009, 06:14:30 AM »
Hope you don't have Steve Smith as a Fantasy pick for this weeks game vs the Jets.. :scared:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith has sore ribs and has been added to the injury list as questionable for Sunday's game at the New York Jets.

It was unclear when Smith was injured. He took a knee to the back in a victory over Atlanta on Nov. 15, but hadn't missed any practice time since.

Smith leads Carolina with 45 catches for 599 yards and four touchdowns.

Panthers reserve defensive end Charles Johnson didn't make the trip Saturday and will miss his second straight game with a strained chest muscle.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #672 on: November 29, 2009, 06:22:57 AM »
My entire team is a game time decision................... :gouge:

Adam_Schefter    Regarding Cedric Benson, Bengals will test him in pregame warmups but Marvin Lewis has edged toward being cautious, for what that's worth.

36 minutes ago from web
Reply Retweet  Adam_Schefter    Panthers hopeful and optimistic Steve Smith will play but won't know for sure until pregame warmups.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:25:37 AM by Bob »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #673 on: November 29, 2009, 07:40:11 AM »
Programmers at the Atlanta CBS affiliate should only get a painful anal cyst....or the NFL...or who ever decides these things.....

Falcons are on Fox at 1pm.   So our CBS is going to show NFL Today at noon and then instead of some other game at 1pm they're going to have infomercials until the 4pm game!   With all the other games they could be showing instead...

But then, I guess when you have a team like the Falcons you have to force people to watch only them if you want football...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #674 on: November 29, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
Here we go again.. ::)
3 Friggin Interceptions thrown by Jake 'leading the league in turnovers' Delhomme and it's Not Even Half Time :grr: :angry: