login

Author Topic: Tim. Eric. Is their show awesome? Did they really do a great job? Discuss.  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
I'm not a regular Tim and Eric watcher, I keep the last five on the DVR and will watch a few here and there, but that's about it... I'm guessing I've seen maybe half of the episodes.

I pretty much agree with Pak, their shtick is being "offputting" on purpose... sometimes they put that shtick to good use by filtering it through funny material... and sometimes it just seems to be shtick for it's own sake. I find the show only really holds up when they have an actual comedic angle and not bullshit random oddities meant to elicit laughs from nothing more than the "WTF?" factor. For example, most of their Cinco product spots are great... the 15th public access karaoke video from the Uncle Muscles gang? yea... not so much.

And yea... Venture Brothers is great.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
The one segment of Tim and Eric that made me laugh was Sports. Only because the puking at the end was so spontaneous.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
I was about to ask if there are any skits where they aren't puking at the end, but then I remembered that there are a few that have them puking at the beginning and sometimes in the middle.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
I liked stuff like Sealab 2021, Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman. Also the Oblongs and Mission Hill were good. Currently I only watch Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers. Everything else is mindless crap for stoners.

Offline JMac345

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Get to the Chopper!!!!
Tim and Eric Awesome show is interesting because I should like it, because I normallygravitate to strange humor.  But alas, it is just too damn weird.  The show will on occasion have moments of hilarity, and there was one episode in particular, where John C. Reilly's Steve Brule's thinks that Tim and Eric are dead, that had me rolling...other than that, I just can't get on the same wavelength.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
I liked stuff like Sealab 2021, Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman. Also the Oblongs and Mission Hill were good. Currently I only watch Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers. Everything else is mindless crap for stoners.
Mission hill was good because Weinstein worked on it.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"