login

Author Topic: The Descent  (Read 4048 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: The Descent
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 11:49:36 PM »
Horror's my favourite genre and this movie was my favourite of 2005.  Just LOVED it.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »
Is it just me, or are "test audiences" almost always wrong?
One notable exception I can think of is Final Destination 1.  The original had a happy ending that test audiences hated.  So they went with bleak and it did very well.  There's a special feature on the DVD that talks about that process. 

IIRC, Dodgeball's original ending had Ben Stiller's team winning. Oddly enough, the bad guys winning at the end of a comedy didn't test well.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

IIRC, Dodgeball's original ending had Ben Stiller's team winning. Oddly enough, the bad guys winning at the end of a comedy didn't test well.

Are you talking about that ending that is on the DVD?  I think that was just a gag for the DVD. It stops right as the ball hits Vaughn's face and goes to the credit crawl. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »
I liek the UK version more just cuz it isn't as distant from the storyline.

Wow. The U.S. ending sounds...crap. So she survives all that and accidentally winds up in The Grudge? Yeah, that makes sense.

i took it (the US ending) to mean she ends up insane,not that she's haunted.

anywho, i really liked this movie. genuinely scary. and it's one of the few movies that i think could have been longer. (more battling the creatures stuff...)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:29:05 PM by davo »

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »
was a pretty good movie, but I didnt like that she murders the asian chick at the end, not a very nice thing for a hero to do, therefore she deserves a grudge ;)

Also I agree with davo it was in her head

Offline Andrew1911

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »
Incredible film. It isn't one of the best films of 2006, though. Mostly because it had already been released in Britian in 05. King's list has a few movies from 05 on it.