Author Topic: New Kojima Game (New MGS?)  (Read 1125 times)

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
New Kojima Game (New MGS?)
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »

Is it a trick or not? Waiting for the countdown to end.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:41:13 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: New Kojima Game (New MGS?)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
And now Raiden?!

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:08 PM »
I don't know what that is

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3885
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
Pretty sure it's counting down to E3 (Or awfully close to it). They must be announcing something big. Something big and rainy. :^)

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »
Probably not Metal Gear.  Not so soon after 4 came out.  Maybe a spin-off of some kind?  Raiden in his own series?

Whatever it is, be prepared to be blown away by the following:

New stealth gameplay!  Er, occasionally, anyway.
Over 96 mind-blowing hours of people talking and having flashbacks!
Anti-Nuclear Weapons Message replaced with cautionary tale of raspberry abuse!
All action takes place in an alternate timeline Holy Roman Empire, as bishops criss-cross the land riding in mecha-dinosaurs of infinite rage!
Beat the game on the hardest difficulty setting, and you can play through wearing a jaunty hat!

I kid, of course.;)  Though I have to say while I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid a lot, the series does seem to be suffering a bit from "Matrix Syndrome," in that, I liked the original, but the sequels became so ridiculously obtuse, full of dialogue, and were so different from what I thought they would be that, going back and seeing the original, the magic appears to have been tarnished to some degree.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »
I kid, of course.;)  Though I have to say while I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid a lot, the series does seem to be suffering a bit from "Matrix Syndrome," in that, I liked the original, but the sequels became so ridiculously obtuse, full of dialogue, and were so different from what I thought they would be that, going back and seeing the original, the magic appears to have been tarnished to some degree.

I can see how that applies to the second one (and possibly the fourth - I haven't played it), but how does that apply to the third one?  I actually thought MGS 3 was the best in the series - the plot was pretty damn straightforward (for an MGS game anyway), and the gameplay was a lot of fun.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
Never finished the 3rd game...it did seem to be better than the 2nd, but it did start to slip into its old habits a bit when they started lamenting about 10 minutes in about the necessity of a walking nuclear weapons carrier.  There are just times in the series as a whole where the modicum of "show, don't tell" get thrown out the window.  The points that are made are interesting, but when you're itching to start snapping necks, being told you shouldn't be doing it sort of ruins the mood.   ;)  But I think Kojima is well aware of the irony, so I'll leave it at that.

Haven't played 4 either, but I've heard that you have to wait about twenty minutes or so after starting a new game before you actually get to do anything (at least, without skipping cutscenes).  I remember how mad I got at MGS2 for pulling something similar, and I think that was only about 6 or 7 minutes.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »
MGS4 was the best game last year.

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »
And hey, I say stuff in good fun.  I'll probably end up buying MGS4 at some point down the road anyway.  Hell, I own all the Final Fantasy games ('cept for the newest one and never bothered to pick up XI, I never really got into MMORPGs...maybe it's only Everquest that did it this way, but I don't like anything that, once they decide to shut down the servers when they become unprofitable, means the product can't be enjoyed in single player), and I still haven't played any past VII.

Just a thought, though...looking at the magazine, the pictures seem to show the time remaining at 38 hours.  Is that right, or just a trick of the light?  If not, those images may be coming from THE FUTURE!  Even though the same time is pictured on two different images, that simply means there are multiple different THE FUTURES!

Offline La De Da

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Spy sappn' my smile.
    • The Wooden Nut
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:24:18 AM »
Something tells me that Big Boss will get his game on the PS 3.