Author Topic: A Decade Later  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: A Decade Later
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
Hey, here's Jake "Anakin" Lloyd talking about the film, 10 years later.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtkM2JPcHPo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LtkM2JPcHPo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

You know, I wouldn't have wanted to go through high school having my classmates yelling, "Yo! Annie!" at me either.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 05:37:14 AM »
"An unaimed arrow never misses".     

Seems like a pretty good guy.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5313
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »

Still can't act, though. It's a live interview, and his performance reminds me of his line readings from the movie. Ugh.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »
Yeah, let's hope he's wanting to do behind-the-scenes stuff once he gets his film degree. He really does seem like a good guy. I can definitely relate to his cynical outlook on life.  We could get together and compare stories on how life has conspired against us.  ;)

As for TPM being ten years old . . . wow. I definitely remember seeing this in the theaters when it came out. I was (and still am) too much of a fanboy to totally bag on the movie, but I can confess that while I found Jar Jar to be mildly amusing the first go-round, on later viewings, he became highly annoying. Which is why now if I ever feel the need to watch TPM, I watch my Rifftrax reauthor or The Phantom Edit. I find other things to do when the kids (who are 8 and 5 - the target audience) are watching the un-riffed, un-edited version.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 02:58:56 AM »

Still can't act, though. It's a live interview, and his performance reminds me of his line readings from the movie. Ugh.

same here..

I think he has deluded himself into thinking he is a good actor and believes deep down that they are simply jealous he was a movie star and they aren't..

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5313
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »

same here..

I think he has deluded himself into thinking he is a good actor and believes deep down that they are simply jealous he was a movie star and they aren't..
Well, he may be right about that second part, but he is certainly no actor. Since he is interested in film but not as an actor, I am interested to see what happens to him.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »

Not sure where you're pulling that from...I didn't see him allude to anything of the sort. 

I think he seems like a genuinely smart and amiable guy.   And he's going to film school, which means he's trying to better his craft.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Trumpysgirl

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 10:41:20 AM »
I didn't get that impression either, it looks like he's treating mostly as an old shame rather than his time in the spotlight.

I never blamed the kid for being the movie, I blamed George for hiring the kid for cuteness rather than acting talent. And God knows that better child-acting was probably available.
Dammit, Maverick! Why don't you play by the rules?!

"Joel, what's a Harringway?"
"About a pound."