login

Author Topic: Parks and Recreation  (Read 13648 times)

anais.jude

Parks and Recreation
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:24:48 AM »
I actually really liked the pilot.

"Hon if you're going to the kitchen can you make me pancakes real quick"
"Oh are we making pancakes?"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Parks and Recreation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
I liked it.  Amy Poehler is so charming.

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Yeah Amy is really good, And happy to see that Aziz is getting some more work.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »
It was okay. It was good. I'm not saying I didn't like it. But it's like one of those one-season Comedy Central shows that's good and then doesn't get renewed. I don't see how Parks & Recreation can go five seasons. It's a stupid concept, beyond the idea of being about very low-level government workers. That works. That's fine. But it's called Parks & Recreation. If The Office starts being about a different office, it's still The Office. But Parks & Recreation always has to be about parks... and recreation. Who wants to keep watching that?

And I mean I LOVE the good one-season Comedy Central shows. Those are some of my favorite shows. I loved Halfway Home and American Body Shop and Stella. Naked Trucker was okay. And Lovespring International, though that's not a CC show. This feels like one of those shows. And I don't think it's going to have a turn around like 30 Rock. That always had potential.

So I don't get it. This isn't formulaic comedy, but it's not "wow, great concept" either. And it's not full of comedy stars. It's like, okay... anything can be funny, but why make a show like this? Spur-of-the-moment whim? Fetishistic gamble? How much thought went into this? Why does it exist? The Office works because it's got good writers on a concept that's proven. If I'm not mistaken, the good writers of The Office still write for The Office, and this is from the producers of a show that's someone else's concept, except now they're trying to create something themselves. It's like a solo album you listen to and think, "Electric banjo... huh... that's different."

My point is, hurry up and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW.

YoohooRiffer

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »
I really liked it too.  It only had a few really funny moments but I feel the same way about the first few episodes of The Office.  I look forward to watching this show develop.

And yes, Amy Poehler is adorable.  I hope Will Arnett has some guest appearances, too.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
It was okay. It was good. I'm not saying I didn't like it. But it's like one of those one-season Comedy Central shows that's good and then doesn't get renewed. I don't see how Parks & Recreation can go five seasons. It's a stupid concept, beyond the idea of being about very low-level government workers. That works. That's fine. But it's called Parks & Recreation. If The Office starts being about a different office, it's still The Office. But Parks & Recreation always has to be about parks... and recreation. Who wants to keep watching that?

And I mean I LOVE the good one-season Comedy Central shows. Those are some of my favorite shows. I loved Halfway Home and American Body Shop and Stella. Naked Trucker was okay. And Lovespring International, though that's not a CC show. This feels like one of those shows. And I don't think it's going to have a turn around like 30 Rock. That always had potential.

So I don't get it. This isn't formulaic comedy, but it's not "wow, great concept" either. And it's not full of comedy stars. It's like, okay... anything can be funny, but why make a show like this? Spur-of-the-moment whim? Fetishistic gamble? How much thought went into this? Why does it exist? The Office works because it's got good writers on a concept that's proven. If I'm not mistaken, the good writers of The Office still write for The Office, and this is from the producers of a show that's someone else's concept, except now they're trying to create something themselves. It's like a solo album you listen to and think, "Electric banjo... huh... that's different."

My point is, hurry up and BRING BACK THE MUPPET SHOW.

*in best scruffy voice* Second.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
"I swear on this dead crow I will never cook for you."

Fantastic. Also:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:33:25 AM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6792
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
it's where i buy all of my food... and most of my stuff.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
"I call noodles....long-ass rice"
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
Caught up with S3.  "Eagleton" is the standout for me, if only for the Ron's birthday stuff. I was crying at his face when Ann listed the things Leslie did for her birthday.

Second best was the Snake Juice one. Hilarious.

I'm -so- glad they got rid of the nerdy "straight guy."  He was a lead weight.

I love the hell out of this show. Both of those are fantastic episodes.

Parker Posey was perfect for that guest role. The Eagleton jail was classic.

I couldn't agree with you more about Mark. The Ben character proves you can play a straight man and still be an interesting character with personality.

"Snake Juice" is probably my favorite from S3; laugh riot X1000! I love when they're rehearsing their parts as shills for the product. Ron's official product recommendations! Jean-Ralphio always going one line too far with his rhymes. I seriously laugh my ass off watching this episode.

"Cover charge? $5000!!!"

"Pre-broth...is an AMAZING STAGE!" Rob Lowe is in top form in this ep.

"What the hell is in Snake Juice? Demerol?!?"

Another of my favorite eps from the season is "Road Trip". Obviously, I was rooting for Leslie and Ben to get together, and their awkward flirting scenes were great, but the subplot of Tom's attempt at a game show and Ron's mentoring of the little kid really put it over the top for me.

"Damn! This game's got juice!!!"

I'm so glad this show got dicked in favor of that undeniable comedy classic...Outsourced. Clean up your mess, NBC.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vMpfbuI9FY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-vMpfbuI9FY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_welICAEKo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g_welICAEKo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

I love this show so much.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »
I thought the premiere was pretty average, which is still good, just not great. Seems as if they may have been focusing a little too much on establishing stories rather than making a great episode. Ron fleeing to the woods was really funny , and Ann's phone blowing up with dick pics was classic.

The campaign should provide for some high hilarity.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »
"Everybody pants now!"

Nick Offerman continues to be amazing, "normal" Ron was both funny and scary at the same time.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »
"Everybody pants now!"

Nick Offerman continues to be amazing, "normal" Ron was both funny and scary at the same time.

What a performance! This guy had better win an Emmy at some point or somethin' just ain't right. Leslie telling him they were going to lunch was classic, and then they pull back to reveal Tammy 1 is at the table with them!

I also thought Ben reacting to all the stuff in the Entertainment 720 offices was damn funny.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 09:19:03 AM »
"Oh god, not the GOTCHA! dancers."

Another great episode. This show kicks ass on a consistent basis.

Ron and April are the dynamic duo of deadpan.