Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 103804 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 79
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »
The Maturing Woman. I think this short just replaced At Your Fingertips: Cylinders as my favorite Short because Bridget & Mary Jo don't just riff it, they add on to it! I believe this is unprecedented in Rifftrax history and really fits this one particular short…

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #676 on: May 27, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »
Miami Connection Live: Only saw it in the theaters. definitely holds up. Such a ridculous movie even by RT standards. Kill and Kill Again, and even Death Promise had a better concept and execution. But not the Man From Harlem. It was close, though.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #677 on: May 29, 2018, 08:34:56 AM »
The Godmonster of Indian Flats. I'm definitely keeping this one on my phone, because it's entertaining for its weirdness and badness (rather than revolting or boring for its badness) and the riffs are exceptionally well done, especially "Wu-tang Clan ain't mutton to f*** with!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:39:12 AM by Iron Curtain »

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #678 on: June 11, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
Replica. Nguyen's most incoherent work yet?, Hard to say since none of them really are.

Seriously. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny probably had more convincing acting. Even the Guy From Harlem, and that includes actors whose volume control is out of whack.

Does he have no friends that saw his first two movies, and when he announced he was going for a third, they couldn't talk him down?

Offline emperorcupcake522

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #679 on: June 14, 2018, 10:39:58 AM »
Sons of Hercules. Really fun and underrated, has a lot of the feel of an old MST ep. Worth it for the goofy song riffs alone.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #680 on: June 29, 2018, 03:32:36 PM »
Just watched Future Zone on Amazon Prime.

I don't know if it was the riffing or the fact I was falling asleep, but the movie was actually pretty watchable to me.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #681 on: July 14, 2018, 08:24:30 PM »
Replica
Remember being disappointed with the riff the first time I watched it. Not sure why, because I watched it with the wife last night (her first viewing of it) and we both laughed a lot.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »
Sons of Hercules. Really fun and underrated, has a lot of the feel of an old MST ep. Worth it for the goofy song riffs alone.
My problem with that one was video quality- there are much better versions of the movie available, but the Rifftrax release looked like a 50th generation VHS copy. Had started it several times before making it all the way through.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #683 on: July 14, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
Replica. Nguyen's most incoherent work yet?, Hard to say since none of them really are.
Does he have no friends that saw his first two movies, and when he announced he was going for a third, they couldn't talk him down?
Replica was actually his second movie.
Jack and Julia (2003)
Replica (2005)
Birdemic (2010)
i don't think either of the first 2 were seen by many before Rifftrax (Birdemic had gotten a following before Rifftrax).
Haven't seen Birdemic 2 (his 4th and last-of of today-movie) as everything I've read about it is that everyone involved including Nguyen understands it's bad and it was made with to be intentionally bad, so that kind of kills the vibe. 

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 75
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #684 on: July 16, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »
Haven't seen Birdemic 2 (his 4th and last-of of today-movie) as everything I've read about it is that everyone involved including Nguyen understands it's bad and it was made with to be intentionally bad, so that kind of kills the vibe.

I dunno... I saw it, and I couldn't distinguish between it's intentional badness and the unintentional badness of the first one.  I think possibly the actors were too wooden to wink at the camera convincingly.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #685 on: July 26, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
Fun in Balloonland

I don't know if the narrator is turned on, high, or being held at gunpoint; but this riff is a gay ol' time.

On a side note, I just spent money on Fun in Baloonland and not some Oscar award winning movie. I feel like I'm the end of a devious MST3k/Rifftrax experiment that actually worked. That there was some plot to make me buy bad movies and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »
Just got my DVD copy of Galaxy Invader after learning that it's no longer available in the catalogue.

It kept me in suspense the whole time, but in the end he never changed his shirt.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #687 on: October 05, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
Day of the Animals. What a depressing movie. Every other word Leslie Nielsen said was "Hotshot". There was no explanation in the plot as to why the animals went out of control except some vague references to ozone depletion. Am I glad the movie was over…

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #688 on: November 01, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
No Retreat, No Surrender on Twitch today.
Remembered it, but didn't remember enjoying it as much when it came out. Everything about it made it perfect for riffing- bad 80s clothing and generic 80s movie music, silly plot that takes karate way too seriously, mafia that does things that the mafia wouldn't really do (like agree to settle a protection racket dispute with a karate tournament and call the press to publicize it).

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #689 on: November 02, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
Ready Player One. I had reached the conclusion on my own a while ago but today I finished it with my life coach. What a perfectly riffable movie and far too many hilarious on-point riffs.

One of Rifftrax's best alongside ROTOR, The Wizard, and Mothra. If you don't have Ready Player One, get the riff, and if you're feeling feisty enough, maybe buy it on Blu-Ray or DVD so you could watch it with the commentary to remove the pain of actually watching the movie unriffed.