login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 101196 times)

Offline rw_santos

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #660 on: April 13, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
Patriotism, but I can't remember which movie Mike years later used the quote:
"If we learn to care for others, to respect others we'll learn how to care for, to respect our country."

It's so familiar as I have the twitch stream running all day....

Well, I just found out Kevin made this callback in Star Games https://www.rifftrax.com/star-games

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #661 on: April 13, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
"If we learn to care for others, to respect others we'll learn how to care for, to respect our country."

Mike uses the quote in ROTOR

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 221
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2018, 04:13:51 PM »
And as we all know, drugs are like ROTOR, too.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 60
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »
And as we all know, drugs are like ROTOR, too.

Or rather, R.O.T.O.R. is like Drugs!

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #664 on: April 19, 2018, 08:02:21 PM »
I just bought two MST3K classics from Rifftrax, Parts: the Clonus Horror and Hobgoblins. Speaking of them as just individual movies, the former is easily better than the later, but both of them are still bad. To be fair though, I'd much rather watch Parts than The Island. Hobgoblins has a special place in my heart though... it is easily one of the most inept, most unappealing films of all time. As bad as it is though, I just can't bring myself to name it as worst film of all time. I still think that honor belongs to Manos, be it a dubious honor.

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »
I don't like naming movies like Hobgoblins as the "Worst movie ever" because it was intentionally bad.

That said, I really hope Rifftrax/Mst3k tackles Hobgoblins 2.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2676
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
I don't know if I'd call it "Intentionally bad" so much as it was going for a certain aesthetic that might be appealing to a certain type of viewer. And that viewer doesn't exist in this case.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
I don't know if I'd call it "Intentionally bad" so much as it was going for a certain aesthetic that might be appealing to a certain type of viewer. And that viewer doesn't exist in this case.
Yeah, Hobgoblins is going for some kind of a sleazy vibe, with knockoff Gremlins. Which is why I enjoy the movie itself so much because I find failed attempts at sleaze hilarious.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 337
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
I don't like naming movies like Hobgoblins as the "Worst movie ever" because it was intentionally bad.

A couple of us worked with Rick Sloane to try and get Rifftrax to do an official commentary for Hobgoblins 2, but they didn't want to do it.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #669 on: April 21, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
I haven't seen it in probably like 10 years, so I bought the MST3K episode "Horror at Party Beach" and watched it last night. I hope Rifftrax gets more rights to episodes to buy DRM free because that way I can watch them(without having to be online) on my PS3. I'd really like to see Master Ninja 2, Riding with Death, The Mole people, and Prince of Space. I know Master Ninja 2 and Prince of Space are available on Amazon, but I just prefer having the episodes DRM free.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:36:19 AM by Russoguru »

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #670 on: April 21, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
It took me about 5 viewings to realize that the hero in "Time Chasers" also appears as a thug in "Pressure Point"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #671 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »
I'm trying to watch the new Bridget and MaryJo riff of JUNIOR PROM. It feels like it's been over two hours already, but I just looked at the time and I'm only half an hour in! The riffing is really good, as the two ladies always are. But this movie makes High School Musical look...almost tolerable.  :speechless:

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 122
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #672 on: April 27, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
Bought and watched Invasion of the Animal People. First time in years I regretted my lost ten bucks. To be fair, the movie was the species of bad that doesn't spur good riffage...lots of long scenes with nothing happening, really bad sound quality (to get the jokes, you have to be able to hear what dialog lines they're riffing on...) black and white (though that hasn't been an obstacle at other times.)

This could have used one of Kevin's great songs...SEVERAL of them might have saved this.

Wasn't thrilled with the Oblivion movies but I did laugh at them here and there. I can't remember a time I got me a Rifftrax that I had to watch twice in 24 hours because I fell asleep the first time...in broad daylight. Invasion of the Animal People (misnamed much?) wins this award.

Hope the next one's better.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:34:50 PM by MerryWanna »
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
    • Choronzon
« Reply #673 on: April 27, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »

I don't see the point in going back and redoing old MST3K material. The world has a shit-ton of bad films to riff. It's sort of a drag to see retreads. Just my two cents, or dollars, of course...since it is 2018, and my opinion's worth has time inflation like everything else...plus as the older I get, the more experienced and knowledgeable, and thus fussier I get.
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
    • Choronzon
« Reply #674 on: April 27, 2018, 09:31:29 PM »
R.O.T.O.R.

Goddammit, this movie was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!! Well, to be perfectly frank, the movie was terrible, but so riffable that with the riffs it was extremely entertaining. This is up there with "The Room (2016 Live Riff)", "The Wizard", and "Mothra" as one of Rifftrax's best. If MST3K had done this, it would have been a classic that was up there with Pod People and The Final Sacrifice.

R.O.T.O.R is one of those that I have seen so many times, I have lost count...and I STILL laugh out loud. Revenge of Dr. X is another but lower on the list. If I am going to introduce a friend to Rifftrax, this is usually the example I use. Oh, my poor friends are never the same again (WHAT...THE HELL...WAS THAT even supposed to be?") But they always love the jokes.