Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131336 times)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

I'm sure I saw this one before... back around the time it was released... but I didn't have any recollection of it on this viewing... That's a surefire sign that I was probably enjoying a few too many barley pops the first time around. Anyways, thought this provided consistent enough chuckles but there were very few laugh out loud moments. Still, everything moved along nicely and I always had a smile on my face... NPH was really good in his guest spot and probably delivered most of the best lines. But it's not something that I will likely consider for many repeat viewings... this is one of those movies that I'll always enjoy more sans riffing... just a bizzaro classic on it's own.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #361 on: March 02, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
Birdemic.

I have not watched this one in a long time and I forgot all about that creepy "hanging out with the family" song.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
Watched The Room again last night.

The funniest thing about this movie?  Is how its marketed as a hilarious black comedy.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Kodoszardoz

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
  • "Lisa Loeb? I thought she was Courtney Hole!"
    • Meet In The Lobby
« Reply #363 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »
I must say that I both love and hate Rifftrax.  ;D They have made me actually watch and enjoy those wretched "Twilight" movies. I can't believe Rifftrax is constantly able to take the festering turds coming out of Hollywood and turn them into diamonds.  Rifftrax is the only way to keep up with the Hollywood crap and not have your head implode.  I absolutely love your "Twilight" riffs and have shown them to friends with great response.  My personal favorite riff from"Breaking Dawn": "Another rejection from a college that requires shirts." 
I also very much enjoy the "Harry Potter" riffs.  "Chamber of Secrets" is one of the funniest riffs ever.  I had to pause it several times because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.  I still haven't watched all of "Half-Blood Prince" for the same reason.  The riff "Harry Potter and his elderly gentlemen friends" makes me almost pee my pants.  Keep up the great work.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #364 on: March 05, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
I must say that I both love and hate Rifftrax.  ;D They have made me actually watch and enjoy those wretched "Twilight" movies. I can't believe Rifftrax is constantly able to take the festering turds coming out of Hollywood and turn them into diamonds.  Rifftrax is the only way to keep up with the Hollywood crap and not have your head implode.  I absolutely love your "Twilight" riffs and have shown them to friends with great response.  My personal favorite riff from"Breaking Dawn": "Another rejection from a college that requires shirts." 
I also very much enjoy the "Harry Potter" riffs.  "Chamber of Secrets" is one of the funniest riffs ever.  I had to pause it several times because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.  I still haven't watched all of "Half-Blood Prince" for the same reason.  The riff "Harry Potter and his elderly gentlemen friends" makes me almost pee my pants.  Keep up the great work.

Yes, one one hand they make us laugh, and on the other they make us watch crap like Twilight and the Star Wars Holiday Special. It's an abusive relationship.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2012, 09:36:08 PM »
I just finished watching..........................

Roadhouse. I'm going through the entire RT catalog and reauthoring them all, in order of their release. It's been quite a few years since we've visited the RT 'Holy Grail'. My old mix was lousy...Mike's solo commentary wasn't audible in many sections where the movie's music was loud. Hearing it again with the new and improved mix made for a fun filled evening with friends and family.  Every fan of RT needs to own this one. Great stuff!!  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:25:24 AM by CHF01 »

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »
I just finished watching..........................

Roadhouse. I'm going trough the entire RT catalog and reauthoring them all, in order of their release. It's been quite a few years since we've visited the RT 'Holy Grail'. My old mix was lousy...Mike's solo commentary wasn't audible in many sections where the movie's music was loud. Hearing it again with the new and improved mix made for a fun filled evening with friends and family.  Every fan of RT needs to own this one. Great stuff!!  :D
Yep!, I did the same.  This was my first Riff, and like you, I missed most of it.  I remixed, rewatched, and re-enjoyed, where it all started.  It holds up VERY well.  It will always be one of my Fav's.
[

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #367 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
Roadhouse really is a great riff.

Last night I finally watched the Karate Kid III riff. It really is quite good and it's a shame it sold so badly. My favorite thing about it was how intertextual it was with other RTs--there are riffs on Birdemic, the Room, the Happening, and others in the movie, so it's great for diehard RT fans.  Plus, the villain is so comical and Ralph is so...androgynous? that these make for good comedy.

I didn't know KK3 wasn't a great seller..? That is too bad, because it is a fine piece of comedic work. But like MST3K, I think time will be kind to Rifftrax and these will be recognized justly. Sometimes you have to wait awhile in order to see successful results  :)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
Watched a bunch of shorts tonight.  Setting Up A Room still kills, even after seeing it many times I start to really lose it at the point they show the one teacher putting blocks on a shelf for way too long.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
« Reply #369 on: March 24, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
Remixing and now watching RT feature riffs in the order of their release, we watched RT#3, Star Trek V, Shatner Ruins The Franchise last night. Top notch stuff..so many great lines.  :clap:

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #370 on: April 04, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
Just finished my latest shorts collection Shorts a Poppin. 

Molly Grows up is probably one of my favorite shorts, hilarious.  I remember watching films like this in school.  They all talked about your period like it was such a big deal, which I guess at the time it was.  Especially love the part about things you should only do moderately.  And about not swimming, you might get a chill.

"So I can dance, but I can only square dance moderately?"
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #371 on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »
Just finished my latest shorts collection Shorts a Poppin. 

Molly Grows up is probably one of my favorite shorts, hilarious.  I remember watching films like this in school.  They all talked about your period like it was such a big deal, which I guess at the time it was.  Especially love the part about things you should only do moderately.  And about not swimming, you might get a chill.

"So I can dance, but I can only square dance moderately?"

"Try Modess. Now big enough for a Sasquatch."

"Brought to you by the Personal Products Corporation. What we make is none of your damned business."

As a guy, I found that both hilarious and slightly unnerving.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
The Artisanal Shorts DVD.

I really strong one. I liked every short though I think they could have waited to release Grasses and Paper and I since they were part of the live show.

The Turkey short was hilarious but really disturbing. My girlfriend has spent some time around turkeys (heh, including me I guess, though I'm a jive turkey) and was really freaked out at how sick looking the turkeys were.

I think County Fair and Calender are my favs.
The chick in calender looks like she just walked off the set of a John Holmes film.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
High School Musical

Fantastic the second time around. The girlfriend loved it too...definitely in my top ten fav riffs.

What a creepy movie though. The sterility of the high school and the sentiments the film expresses feeling somewhat fascist to me. A world of complete and total mediocrity which is of course the fascist aesthetic...

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I've had that one for awhile, but I kinda sat on it because for one reason or another, I just wasn't in the mood to watch it. But I finally caught it the other night and laughed my ass off. Which I *REALLY* needed because I've been in a really shitty mood for a couple weeks.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?