login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 86231 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 1
  • Duck!!!
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
Carnival of Souls   three riffer edition

Just as good if not slightly better than NOTLD.  They have lots of fun with the greasy guy, the squirrel-faced landlady, the psychiatrist who isn't a psychiatrist and the whole concept of organ music as a form of actual entertainment....

But how is it compared to the Mike-only version?  And did Kevin or Bill remember Francis "Don't you just adore flowers" Feist from "Speech: Using Your Voice"?

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Roadhouse

I've watched this so many times in the last three years I've lost count and it just never gets old.  I've always enjoyed Mike's solo riffs (this and Cocktail are in my top 10) I kind of wish he would do more.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline rockyoumonkeys

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
I just got back into RiffTrax after a several-month absence, and this weekend I watched Cloverfield and Iron Man w/Riffs.

next up will probably be the second and third Harry Potter movies.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
saw Twilight.....again.......because I have to give the DVD back to the unsuspecting person I borrowed it from who loves the movie and doesn't know I borrowed it to laugh at her beloved. :) Man, I love that riff----it's one of the best, imho. It's MST3K quality! WHY do they get together?!?!?!?

"I thought indian stories were supposed to be good"
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
Missile to the Moon (three riffer version)

This seems to be one of the least appreciated trax, being that it's a re-do of the Fred Willard version with the same material.  I might be the only one but I actually like this version better.  Yes, the jokes are all the same, but I laughed more. I think I'm simply more entertained by Kevin and Bill. I prefer their attitude and delivery  over Fred Willard.  Not that Fred isn't a talented guy.......

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »
I just finished watching Shake Hands with Danger. I thought it would be a lot bloodier.

I did not just get back from watching Planet of Dinosaurs because the Live riffing was canceled due to technical issues. A shame.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
Watched X-Men earlier today.  Very funny.  Last night, while waiting for the live show to start, I watched Road House.  Thanks to that the pain of not seeing the live show didn't hurt.

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.  Thought this was okay when it came out... but now it's my 2nd most watched RiffTrax (1st being X-Men).  It has two of my favorite lines too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it was having NPH that disoriented me at first but there is some great fun in this and I like his and Mike's banter the more I hear it.  And I think it helps that I can put that movie on at any time and quote it from beginning to end and never lose its magic.

Next stop:  XXX.  A great solo riff I can put on any time too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 11:10:12 AM »

Next stop:  XXX.  A great solo riff I can put on any time too.
Thanks for reminding me about that one. I may check it out again. Whenever something wrong happens with the computers at work, I think "Just kick it. My laptop goes down if I look at it wrong. This thing can't be that robust."

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
Jaws

Funny work.  More proof that good movies can be riffed without your memory of the film being destroyed.  The trax was very funny without tearing apart the film in any way.  The movie had enough goofy looking 70's folks in it to give them plenty to work with, and Robert Shaw's ultra-crusty old salt character was riffing gold. A very good time. 

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 12:39:45 AM »
IRON MAN

First time seeing this rifftrax and I must say it was hilarious. This is a movie I liked separately, but not so much that I minded seeing it thrashed (i.e. I will never see Star Wars OT or LOTR riffed, or even WIlly Wonka, because I love them too much), so this was lots of fun. Very funny. Any riff that has references to Jeeves and Wooster, Rear Window, and Wallace and Gromit within a few minutes is fine by me. I love making fun of the names, which are sooo ridiculous! Sorry, no favorite lines yet because there's too much to choose from, and it's too new to recall any particular line. But I loved it.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 04:24:20 AM »
IRON MAN

First time seeing this rifftrax and I must say it was hilarious. This is a movie I liked separately, but not so much that I minded seeing it thrashed (i.e. I will never see Star Wars OT or LOTR riffed, or even WIlly Wonka, because I love them too much), so this was lots of fun. Very funny. Any riff that has references to Jeeves and Wooster, Rear Window, and Wallace and Gromit within a few minutes is fine by me. I love making fun of the names, which are sooo ridiculous! Sorry, no favorite lines yet because there's too much to choose from, and it's too new to recall any particular line. But I loved it.

I understand your reluctance to not watch the rifftrax of your cherished films, but you really are missing out on some great trax.  Fellowship of the Ring is one of my favorite Rifftrax.  Like Jaws, they are respectful to the film and end up (IMHO) enhancing the experience. It's actually a great way to experience the movie, especially if you've already seen it a bunch of times.   I like the film too and the trax did not ruin that. Willy Wonka on the other hand,,,,,,I thought it was a great trax but  they did rake the film over the coals a bit.......

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 05:48:02 AM »
IRON MAN

So did you Raiders of the Lost Ark riffed? That was definitely one of their best IMO.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
The Matrix Reloaded

THE ACTION MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!

Man I had forgotten how boring this movie was.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »
IRON MAN

So did you Raiders of the Lost Ark riffed? That was definitely one of their best IMO.

I did see Raiders, actually, because, rather like Iron Man, I love it, but I don't mind laughing at the serious parts next time I see it. I may someday break down and see Star Wars the OT, but it'll take some breaking down.

And now that I know FOTR is treated more respectfully (the way the makers of Time Chasers thought they'd be treated), I may someday break down, though it'll be hard finding someone to watch it with me. (I actually have made my own MST3Ks, only short scenes of them, and I did MST FOTR, because I've seen it sooo many times, maybe). But not TTT or ROTK. I don't know. We'll see. Willy Wonka I won't touch though. That's my childhood. Chipmunk Adventure they can savage (I do it myself), but not Willy Wonka.

Up next: Harry Potter 1!