Author Topic: The worst Tv shows in history.  (Read 27715 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The worst Tv shows in history.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
Small Wonder.

The awfulness of this show cannot be overstated.

We can end this thread now.   We have a winner.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »
Well, I can think of four.

In the "Shows people might have actually seen" category.

She's the Sheriff
Suzanne Summers plays a wife who is appointed to the office of sheriff in a small town after her husband dies. She fights constantly  with her underling Deputy Max who has the bizarre idea that maybe choosing someone to be sheriff just because she was married to the former office holder might not be the best route to take. Gasp! Now add in cheesy 80s sitcom cliches and you've got a show.

Out of This World
A 13 year old girl discovers that her dad (voiced by Burt Reynolds) was actually a space alien. And now she has special powers, like glittering in the sunlight. Sorry. Wrong film.  She does the much less cool "stop time" thing. Oh, and her face acts like a mood ring. (And for a 13 yaer old girl, that should make her face change color almost non-stop.) Oh, and she can change her shoes really fast. Plot wise, it's this: Eve uses her powers. Messes something up. Spends rest of the epsiode trying to fix it. In other words, it's an episode of Sabrina, except without Frank writing it.

And in the obscure category...

Woops
There's been a nuclear war! And only six survivors remain! Watch the zaniness!

Sigh. This one came from Fox and I was actually curious enough to watch it. If I remember correctly, you had a teacher, a homeless guy, a ditzy blone, a feminist, a scientist and Gordon Gekko as the wacky survivors.  It basically played like Gilligan's Island. Except Gilligan's Island was much better written.  Read that last sentence again and ponder the implications.

And of course,
Heil Honey I'm Home
Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun escape Germany and move into a typical 1950s TV neighborhood until one day their new neighbors the Goldsteins move in next door and make their lives wackier!

For some odd reason, this got cancelled after one episode. For the morbidly curious, it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbj9otRPdiM

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »
I was about to give Honorable Mention to She's The Sheriff.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Doctor Who?

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »

Heil Honey I'm Home
Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun escape Germany and move into a typical 1950s TV neighborhood until one day their new neighbors the Goldsteins move in next door and make their lives wackier!

For some odd reason, this got cancelled after one episode. For the morbidly curious, it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbj9otRPdiM

OMG! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 04:20:47 AM »
Ah Out of this World was supercrap, but at least Troy McClure was still working, he deserved to still have money coming in after the hard work he put in defending us all from cardboard dinosaurs.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:27:33 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5920
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »
She's the Sheriff
Suzanne Summers plays a wife who is appointed to the office of sheriff in a small town after her husband dies. She fights constantly  with her underling Deputy Max who has the bizarre idea that maybe choosing someone to be sheriff just because she was married to the former office holder might not be the best route to take. Gasp! Now add in cheesy 80s sitcom cliches and you've got a show.
It sounds like somebody made a TV show based on Roger Corman's Gunslinger. And did it even worse!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
How about Saved by the Bell?  Detestable main characters.  Ancillary characters were given no development beyond the simplest stereotypes.  Cheesy plots, incredibly fake looking sets.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:28 AM »
I actually sorta liked She's the Sheriff in a guilty pleasure kinda way... I had a job during a couple of my high school years that allowed me to sit around and watch a lot of TV, unfortunately the only channels I got were a UHF station and sometimes the local CBS affiliate. By this time, I think She's The Sheriff had been canceled, but was still making the UHF rounds in rerun mode... So I watched it quite a bit. Sure it was rife with all the bad sitcom cliches you'd expect from a show that could only survive for a few seasons in syndication... But it wasn't all bad. I can watch Colonel Sanders from Spaceballs in just about anything, and he played a decent enough comic foil for Suzanne Somers. Considering the alternative was usually some combination of Murder She Wrote or Beauty and the Beast or a TV movie starring Joan Van Ark... I think I made the right call.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5222
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 07:24:34 AM »
These are all pretty bad, but they don't make you feel that humanity is evil.  For that I would go with "The Moment of Truth" and "the Swan".  These are TV shows that represent degradation and looking at people;s vulnerabilities and spitting on them.  Next to these shows, that Terrorist show from Network doesn't seem so bad.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 07:39:15 AM »
Ah Out of this World was supercrap, but at least Troy McClure was still working, he deserved to still have money coming in after the hard work he put in defending us all from cardboard dinosaurs.

They made movies and TV shows staring a Simpsons character?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:44:47 AM by Doctor Who? »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5222
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40:48 AM »

They made a movie staring a Simpsons character?

I want to watch this now!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 07:44:37 AM »
Doug McClure, sorry it's easy to get McClures mixed up.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 07:46:06 AM »
Doug McClure, sorry it's easy to get McClures mixed up.

Oh :speechless:

I was just about to go look up the Troy McClure movies and tv shows.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
The character in The Simpsons is named in his honor though, if you look at the films Troy does, they sort of are a combination of Doug McClure and Troy Donahue vehicles.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 07:49:34 AM »
I'll have to look up those two on Netflix.